What cha get for Christmas?

RickFL

Hi ya Bruce!

The A-Bit I had had a bad problem with the SATA sockets (too loose). After hanging on boot up I'd have to open up the case and reseat all of the SATA cables. Then after that the cables would flex with the heat in the case and work themselves loose again. I tried different cables with some monsterous clips but they were no help. It was an XP machine.

Best thing is, I was able to canablize a machine at my office that had a stand alone parallel port card for the HP 4050 and the new machine actually had a slot for it. WOOHOO!! :emotion-19:

If you don't like her mom now, you'd better run!!!

I keep thinking I'll have the one that bucks the trend...........................................

Good morning Carl!!

How long have you been married?? My mother in law is certifiably nuts, nasty disposition, a gossip, and is on meds and my wife who was extremely nice while we dated for 5.5 years gets more like her mother every year! She is now a hoarder and needs to be on meds and has picked up her mothers disposition not only with me but the kids also. She is also beginning to LOOK to much like her mother for my general sense of safety. It aint no joke! We would all date Amy in a second if we were single and she would have us, but I wouldn't marry her without a good hard look at her momma!

Rog

• Like 1

Hey Roger, been married 31 years. My wife definitely got the worst end of the deal.

Carl,

I'll swap ya buddy, I will even throw in the amp for free!!!

Rog

Pics?

LMAO!!! Glad I wasn't drinking coffee!!!

I was..........................thanks! FYI, I know the MIL rule regarding looks and disposition so I'll still be able to look at Denise years down the road, I'll just have to have a box of ear plugs hanging on the wall when she's telling me the same story for the 5th time, but that's happening already and I just call her Bonnie every time she does it. :lol:

Oh I also got this for Christmas, a Stanley carpenter's level. "oh, wow.. neat :rolleyes: " you might be saying.

BUT, this was my great grandfather's and he got it back in 1909 (or was it 1905, can't remember now). My dad acquired it from my grandparents at somepoint and decided to lovingly restore it for me for Xmas. Beautiful cherry wood and polished brass.

stanley-1.jpg

stanley-2.jpg

stanley-3.jpg

If you don't like her mom now, you'd better run!!!

I keep thinking I'll have the one that bucks the trend...........................................

Good morning Carl!!

How long have you been married?? My mother in law is certifiably nuts, nasty disposition, a gossip, and is on meds and my wife who was extremely nice while we dated for 5.5 years gets more like her mother every year! She is now a hoarder and needs to be on meds and has picked up her mothers disposition not only with me but the kids also. She is also beginning to LOOK to much like her mother for my general sense of safety. It aint no joke! We would all date Amy in a second if we were single and she would have us, but I wouldn't marry her without a good hard look at her momma!

Rog

LMAO. This is classic.

The 2 gifts I was most excited for were my new camera, Samsung EK-GC110

http://www.samsung.com/us/photography/digital-cameras/EK-GC110ZWAXAR

and I inherited an old Philco Radio. Needs some work but I'm really looking forward to restoring this bad boy. I'm planning on finishing it to match my KG4s that I refinished and somehow using the tube amp on the Philco to push my KG4s. Probably going to need some forum support to pull it off.

post-51058-0-10700000-1388519679_thumb.j

post-51058-0-47100000-1388519705_thumb.j

post-51058-0-86900000-1388519778_thumb.j