New car time!

wuzzzer

For the past 3 years I've been driving a little Ford Fiesta hatch. Bought it because of the gas mileage and an anticipated move that would have greatly increase my daily commute to work. That didn't happen. My wife never really liked the Fiesta, too small for her taste. Prior to that my cars were usually mid-size sedans. Thursday I said goodbye to the Fiesta and hello to:

0.jpg

A 2011 Taurus SHO in Kona Blue. Man do I love this car! It has every possible option for that year. Things like heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats, power rear sunshade, voice activated navigation, 12 speaker Sony sound system, 20" wheels, and tons more. Of course the best part is the 365 horsepower twin turbo V6 engine and AWD. This thing hauls hiney! 0 to 60 in 5.2 seconds for a sedan that weighs about 4200 pounds. Add a custom tune for about $500 and it'll be at about 425 horsepower.

How long before I get my first speeding ticket? :unsure:

• Like 1

Guest David H
Add a custom tune for about $500 and it'll be at about 425 horsepower.

Might want to stay away from the tune, the Ford processor documents chip tuning, can void your warranty, and will almost certainly set a CEL.

BTW, great car I was thinking of buying one myself, I will pass on the dual hair dryers though.

Dave

• Moderators

Good looking car. It'll get about 1/2 the gas mileage the Fiesta got though. :D

Also a different insurance price............but the real question, doe the wife like it ?

Nice looking car and cool color, didn't you have a mustang before, if so how does it compare ?

Wife loves it. She put about 200 miles on it today.

We used to have an '01 Mustang GT convertible, automatic. The SHO is easily a second faster to 60. The Mustang always wanted to upshift way too soon unless you really had your foot in it. The SHO is very rev-happy and shifts at much higher rpms with much less throttle input.

A 2011 Taurus SHO in Kona Blue. Man do I love this car! It has every possible option for that year. Things like heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats, power rear sunshade, voice activated navigation, 12 speaker Sony sound system, 20" wheels, and tons more. Of course the best part is the 365 horsepower twin turbo V6 engine and AWD. This thing hauls hiney! 0 to 60 in 5.2 seconds for a sedan that weighs about 4200 pounds. Add a custom tune for about $500 and it'll be at about 425 horsepower.

How long before I get my first speeding ticket? :unsure:

Though I love the tidbits about the car, you would have hooked me faster had it been a 12 speaker Bose sound system.....

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Wuzz that sho is nice. My wife got a xsport this year. I have been looking at different companies for the intake and a ecu tune. What options are you looking at? I think from what I have read. The these engines are the same even the way they sit in the engine bay. The ecoboost in the F150 is just a little different.