Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

That's hard news to hear Steve.  The folks at Hospice are wonderful, caring folks and will keep him comfortable over his last days.  It really is a helpless feeling for family and friends to see the steady decline of a loved one.  Hang in there my friend.  And by the way I suspect you have more friends than you know.

• Like 4

Good Monday Morn gang

Had to check the day, just for the hell of it.

1st Cup going well, with a follow up :emotion-44::emotion-44:

Ah, i see Museum Support day has arrived

Couple clicks and the light bill is paid.

Fire Dept will not take "Opting Out" for the fourth, im now on standby :huh2:

94, Dry

post-57941-0-43080000-1439477061.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Tom's Patrician said:

I've been drinking coffee longer than many of you are alive.

After trying all kinds of brewing methods, many different bean types; I'm now committed to the following:

An adjustable Burr grinder, and stainless steel french press, and a Organic french roast.

The coffee I buy on eBay for $25.00 for 3 lbs.

The french press holds about 30 ounces of brew and ddI drink it all in one sitting and its the only coffee I drink all day.

Knowing that gets me up in the morning with a smile on my face.

Uh OK, but do you have any Klipsch speakers?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, babadono said:

Uh OK, but do you have any Klipsch speakers?

I don't know of any old folks.  that use a burr grinder..

or go online to buy coffee. ..

what my father would tell you. ..you need to go find a safe place...

you would be trembling on disbelief of his verbiage...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, minermark said:

Keep the decoder ring, it's the Pledge Pin that may need to be returned :o

you must learn the 8 cardinal rules

Only Klipsch speakers and Klipsch 3-speaker master stereo system meet the 8 cardinal points of reperoduction:

1.Freedom from distrortion. Minimum distortion requires small amplitudes of air mass movements, even at peak transisnt power output. Bass diaphragm motion should not eceed 1/16 inch. Corner placement reduces distortion three fourths.

2.Optimium size of speaker. Large enough to reproduce the lowest audible bass tone at peak transient power output without distortion; not so large as to produce a separation of bass and treble events. Corner placement increases effective size of speaker 4 times.

3.Freedom from rattles.

4.Freedom from shadows. Obstructions between high frequency speaker and listeners can not be tolerated - treble wave-lengths do not turn corners. 

5.Freedom from cavities. The space under a speaker box formed by mounting it on legs can destroy the bottom octave of response and deteriorate the next 2 octaves.

6.Adequate spacing for stereo. In a 14 x 17 foot room, for example, the 17-foot wall is apt to be best for the stereo speaker array.

7.Accurate spatial values. Ability to localize the virtual sound sources in their original spatial relationships requires 3 widely spaced speakers, regardless of size or type, retention of this quality over a wide listening area requires toe-in of the flanking speakers.

8.Flanking speakers toed-in. Such toe-in is naturally provided by corner speakers. The effect is to reduce shift of the virtual sound source for different listener locations. This is the only way to achieve a wide area for listening. 

• Like 4