Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

16 hours ago, dtel said:

Don't care for those, or leg tattoos on women.

Have to tell what happened about 2 weeks ago while cutting grass. I was cutting on a smooth flat area and I hear a noise from behind me from the finishing mower and I see something on the ground behind me. I stop the tractor and go look and it's one of the blades from the mower. There are three blades on the mower, it's a 6' finishing mower. One blade broke in half and flew out, I pick it up and drive back to the house to check it out. The blade broke and tore off the metal under the mower which directs the air if you're using mulching blades plus bent the deck up where the spindle goes through.

The next day I go to move the tractor to start working on repairing it and one of the back tires are flat, come to find out a piece of metal flew out and went through the tire. So I had to bring the tire to get fixed today to move the 1500 pound mower to weld and repair it. Decided to replace all the bearings in the spindles and get new blades while I had it torn apart so it should be like new, but the grass is now about a foot high and rain for a few days.

But I was lucky that the piece of metal that went into the tire could have went into me, I probably wouldn't be typing now if that would have happened, it's a very thick industrial tire which is tougher than me.  I have never seen a 1/4" thick blade just brake in half before, but it now makes me a little nervous because the tip speed of the blade is over 600 mph.

not only that your lucky .. and that you did not injury yourself...

it could of been someone else..

Glad the the tire got it...

be safe my freind...and make sure

that the spindles have zerk fittings..

and grease them regularly..

• Like 1

Just now, dirtmudd said:

I get them from work for free...

pre portioned coffee come with

more filters than you need..

They make 2 sizes I believe.  The A-10 takes the smaller ones.  I don't think they're as big as the ones we use here at work but I could be mistaken.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

thanks Carl...14 inch height fits

under the cabinet...2.9 g.p.r is more

than I drink in day...just barely lol..

2 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

thanks Carl...14 inch height fits

under the cabinet...2.9 g.p.r is more

than I drink in day...just barely lol..

Cabinet height was a concern for me as well but it's perfect.  We leave the flap that you open to pour the water in, just in front of the cabinet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

They make 2 sizes I believe.  The A-10 takes the smaller ones.  I don't think they're as big as the ones we use here at work but I could be mistaken.

it doesn't matter..I go through more

coffee and coffee makers....than most people use t.p.