Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 minute ago, Marvel said:

I actually had the Barry Sadler album...

Only have seen one over the years. The soldier could sing. Never had the famous McGuire album.

Afraid to look at Neal's list. Too many to flashback to then, I go shopping,lol!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Marvel said:

You mean by Barry McGuire, don't you? ;)

I think I'm starting to have a flashback reading over your list... :ph34r:

Yes Bruce.

I was Barry confused.  Barry Sadler was The Ballad of The Green Berets, Barry McGuire was Eve of Destruction.  Neither exactly a party song.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 8/19/2017 at 10:57 AM, Ceptorman said:

I'm 4 years from my 40th (where did the time go) 

Well if you can't remember, I can't help you with it, I lost many years myself. It's like you wake up and your old, "most of the time" I don't feel as old as I look.

Had to do the math since I don't go to the reunions, about 42 for me, I went to 1. Never went back, same clowns I remembered, all boys school and I kept up with the ones I was friends with anyway.

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Is it the caffeine that coffee drinkers crave so much? 

Not for me, it's the taste.

When we go out of town for a week sometimes I never drink coffee, and it had me curious why I didn't have a problem going to 0 caffeine.  So I tried decaffeinated coffee and had no problem, until one daughter stayed for a week and asked what was wrong with the coffee, she drank twice as much as usual and was missing the caffeine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Well if you can't remember, I can't help you with it, I lost many years myself. It's like you wake up and your old, "most of the time" I don't feel as old as I look.

Had to do the math since I don't go to the reunions, about 42 for me, I went to 1. Never went back, same clowns I remembered, all boys school and I kept up with the ones I was friends with anyway.

I like that first line. 

I really don't feel like I'm 54, and I don't think i look it either. I did re-marry 5 years ago, she's 11 years younger, and has 2 teenage daughters. I like to think they're keeping me young. Even though I'm currently searching for a medical prognoses, I actually feel good. I'm not on any meds, all my numbers are very good.

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Not for me, it's the taste.

When we go out of town for a week sometimes I never drink coffee, and it had me curious why I didn't have a problem going to 0 caffeine.  So I tried decaffeinated coffee and had no problem, until one daughter stayed for a week and asked what was wrong with the coffee, she drank twice as much as usual and was missing the caffeine. 

I'm not a coffee drinker, and I don't crave caffeine. I might drink a Sprite once a week. I never cared for the taste of coffee, but will admit I tried a couple flavored coffees and they did taste good.

• Like 2

On 8/19/2017 at 0:31 PM, DizRotus said:

@Ceptorman are you referring to True Love Ways, written by Buddy Holly, but performed here by Peter & Gordon?  If there's another Buddy Holly song on the playlist, it escapes me.

The challenge has always been limiting the songs that were popular in that defined period of time.  Some were easy to elimnate, such as Eve of Destruction, by Sgt.Barry McGuire; not party music.  Other were more problematic, such as Last Kiss, by J. Frank Wilson & The Cavaliers or Leader of The Pack, by the Shangri-Las. They stayed, as they're representative of the period.

With 218 songs, that's ~ 8 hours of music without repeats.  Too much "good" music, rather than not enough. 

True Love Ways is the only one I noticed. I think that's a terrific song. 

I'm a huge Holly fan. I think he's the best American rocker ever. Some of his musical techniques were revolutionary at the time. He sure accomplished a lot in his short career. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

True Love Ways is the only one I noticed. I think that's a terrific song. 

I'm a huge Holly fan. I think he's the best American rocker ever. Some of his musical techniques were revolutionary at the time. He sure accomplished a lot in his short career. 

Have a 4 Seasons album and some other's from that era and before. Find it interesting you at your age then, can enjoy music from awhile ago. You might want to come over sometime to Spinning Vinyl thread. See some gems over there that I am familiar with but have never heard.

Anyway enjoy man, I mean Ceptorman...:emotion-21:

• Like 2

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I like that first line. 

I really don't feel like I'm 54, and I don't think i look it either. I did re-marry 5 years ago, she's 11 years younger, and has 2 teenage daughters. I like to think they're keeping me young. Even though I'm currently searching for a medical prognoses, I actually feel good. I'm not on any meds, all my numbers are very good.

I'm not a coffee drinker, and I don't crave caffeine. I might drink a Sprite once a week. I never cared for the taste of coffee, but will admit I tried a couple flavored coffees and they did taste good.

Glad to hear your feeling better, one month and I will be 60, well I never made it yet but plan on it.

I like flavored coffee much more myself, I usually use flavored creamers.

• Like 2

Dang Ceptorman, Sorry I got your age wrong in my mind. Probably misread knowing me.

@dtel, what a busy  man you are seems most of the time. Hope you still have time for the hammock...:emotion-21:

Cheers...thought I was finally going to make it to the Klipsch Museum to lend a helping hand.

Events around here is preventing it. Maybe later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Have a 4 Seasons album and some other's from that era and before. Find it interesting you at your age then, can enjoy music from awhile ago. You might want to come over sometime to Spinning Vinyl thread. See some gems over there that I am familiar with but have never heard.

Anyway enjoy man, I mean Ceptorman...:emotion-21:

I guess I must be older than you thought! I'll take that as a compliment. I'll check out Spinning Vinyl, I visit the RTM thread sometimes. I grew up listening to 70s rock. I do like a lot of the oldies though. The setlist Dizrotus put together has a lot of great music. Motown is a favorite also. 

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Glad to hear your feeling better, one month and I will be 60, well I never made it yet but plan on it.

I am feeling better, but have recently been dealing with an abdominal problem. I've lost 20 lbs in 21 days. Even though I did need to lose a few, I'd like to do it on my terms.

56 minutes ago, billybob said:

Dang Ceptorman, Sorry I got your age wrong in my mind. Probably misread knowing me.

@dtel, what a busy  man you are seems most of the time. Hope you still have time for the hammock...:emotion-21:

Cheers...thought I was finally going to make it to the Klipsch Museum to lend a helping hand.

Events around here is preventing it. Maybe later.

Most days I feel 40, recently I've been feeling my age.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, billybob said:

what a busy  man you are seems most of the time. Hope you still have time for the hammock...:emotion-21:

Events around here is preventing it. Maybe later

It's been crazy, things breaking, going to Hope, helping daughter remodel her house, it has not stopped.

I hate to say this but I have not been in a hammock in weeks, I think it's a record but not a good one.

We will meet in Hope one day, no worries. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dtel said:

espresso with sambuca is the only

flavor you need....but iced mocha coffee is the bomb in the summer..

• Like 2