Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, babadono said:

Aw c'mon, are you sure?😁

Guaranteed, I have never heard a live band that sounded 15+ times better than home. 

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:
1 hour ago, windashine said:

in honor of screwdrivers,

If you're just making screwdrivers you could have gotten away with a cheaper brand.

Very true

Reminds me of a bar on a beach we were at, that had Tequila shots, 3 prices, $3, $4, and $6 so I asked, what would do if you planned to have a bunch. The guy smiled and said start at the top after 2-3 move to the cheaper ones I bet after a while you will notice no difference, he was right. :smile:

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, richieb said:

“and roll my own cigarettes”. I don’t find that surprising. And you still call them “cigarettes” — cute.

Yep, cigarettes

I'm too cheap to spend 10 cents ea for good papers...ZigZag are cheap here...  $2.50/pack of 32.  And those are only marginal for anything beyond tobacco. I remember when there was a card pop outa the pack to "warn" you that you were down to 32 papers. Sigh

That's why I have a glass pipe... A $5 pipe will last longer than a pack of papers, even with my fumble fingers....  I get 4 months out of a pipe,before I break it. 

Squeeze that eagle until it screams.

• Haha 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Days off only. And only sometimes.   Music becomes a little more exciting this way. Your system sounds quite impressive.   Would love to hear... 

Never was a heavy drinker, excluding parties for the most part, but you have to realize I am 61 now so I am into pacing myself. At 61 a 3-day party without pacing myself is just to rough.  Like this past weekend, a couple came into town to go on a cruise, we hung out for a couple days and spent a bunch of time out in the tiki bar, so I had to pace myself. I did pretty well until Sat night, somewhat, we drove them to the port Sun morning.

4 others coming in from Arkansas in a week and a half for the same thing, they will get here a few days early,  but this time were all going on a cruise for a week all drinks included, I must pace myself, or try. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Yep, cigarettes

I'm too cheap to spend 10 cents ea for good papers...ZigZag are cheap here...  $2.50/pack of 32.  And those are only marginal for anything beyond tobacco. I remember when there was a card pop outa the pack to "warn" you that you were down to 32 papers. Sigh

That's why I have a glass pipe... A $5 pipe will last longer than a pack of papers, even with my fumble fingers....  I get 4 months out of a pipe,before I break it. 

I hate to waste money also, I call it cheap, I sometimes drive the wife crazy, I research things to death before I decide what I want to buy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Haha.   Save money where you can.   More money to spend on audio.   I'm with you.   

We live pretty frugally. One summer, things were very tight. Bluegill was my. protein. It sucked to be a fish when I was at the lake. I can pull the belt way in, if I have to.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Yep, cigarettes

=== “why I have a glass pipe”. Water cooled I imagine —

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Got lucky today, part came in for the compressor and it worked, I love when I can fix something cheap. When it would try to start it would just hum and trip the breaker, took out the start capacitor and ordered one the same size and it worked. The run capacitor was still good so for $7.50 and free shipping it's working again. I got so excited I changed the oil and cleaned the air filters, needed to be done anyway. Especially after at looking at the prices of new compressors. :blush:

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== “why I have a glass pipe”. Water cooled I imagine —

...if you haven't guessed already ...

I'm too cheap to buy something like that. lol

I do appreciate some of the nice stuff. There are things I wouldn't have even if money wasn't an obstacle. Don't need mood lighting in the bathtub or cashmere carpet. I would have the place wired for sound, that's for sure.

We don't "fine dine", but I can hold my own in the kitchen. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, dtel said:

Got lucky today, part came in for the compressor and it worked, I love when I can fix something cheap. When it would try to start it would just hum and trip the breaker, took out the start capacitor and ordered one the same size and it worked. The run capacitor was still good so for $7.50 and free shipping it's working again. I got so excited I changed the oil and cleaned the air filters, needed to be done anyway. Especially after at looking at the prices of new compressors. :blush:

we have a u-pick for free junk yard in town.   Our "recycling center".

"We" keep breaking the drive coupling on the washing machine. Went down there with a couple wrenches and snagged enough parts to break it 4 or 5 times, before I need to round up some more. I'm getting pretty good fast at this particular fix. Can't prevent it from happening... if ya know what I mean.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, windashine said:

what ever happened to your tractor with the bad tie rod ….

The part came in, plus a couple of extra parts. I removed the bad parts the day before to be ready, it only took about 30 minutes to get it fixed, finished cutting my sister's grass then came home and cut all of ours. Friends came in from out of town for the weekend and I forgot to post what happened.

I ordered one tie-rod end and the turnbuckle that connects it to the other tie-rod. they sent both tie-rods ends completely connected with a turnbuckle plus another turnbuckle and holding nut. We called them and the guy said that must be how it comes now, he credited us the $46 and said just mail the part back when we get time, they were very nice about it. Plus I got both tie-rod ends new which means new ball joints. Doing great, I can't have the tractor broken, plus I just love the tractor, it helps with so many things.   

You can see it was cracked once before and started to rust and cracked the rest of the way. It's about a 1" thick bar

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Cute mug, Mike

is this like the joke about eating chicken with your fingers?   No, the fingers should be eaten alone....

Opened a fresh bag of ArivacaBlend beans. And it is fresh. All the beans have a good gloss. The light roast tend to "dull" fast. Should look for a bag of the light roast. Think it's Guatemalan. The dark beans are FrenchRoast.  I am OK with French, not my favorite. A wee too roasted for my taste. Tempered with some light ... very good.

I didn't follow any ladies home from Safeway. That was good.  Got fixin's for lasagna. May or may not have meat in it. Usually not.

dumb Q

How many of you cook the pasta before you assemble lasagna? I don't. Never have.  Then I see "ready to use" dry pasta ... no cooking needed, before assembly. I always just added some water to the pan or make the sauce a little sloppy.

• Like 2

good thing I don't check my e-mail...

in the spam file

a response from the guy in Phoenix with the 4 LS.  I could have had them...  Whew! 

I guess...

Did save the "LUCY!!! You have some splaining to do!!!"

Fog has set in. Rained a little last night. Cleared off and got cool. My favorite. Wet and cold. Mas cafe!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

a response from the guy in Phoenix with the 4 LS.  I could have had them...  Whew! 

I never really understood the Seller's ad for certain.  Did we finally agree that $1500 was for the group of four, and NOT each? 

• Like 2