Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

The Primaluna/Spatial is a match made in heaven.  Playing some Bella Fleck as we speak.  The acoustics are not bad even without the rug we have ordered.

Now to find out the problem with the Parasound phono pre hooked up to the Sugar Cube SC-1.  Somethings not right.  That will wait to tomorrow as I'm on the third bourbon.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

The Primaluna/Spatial is a match made in heaven.  Playing some Bella Fleck as we speak.  The acoustics are not bad even without the rug we have ordered.

Now to find out the problem with the Parasound phono pre hooked up to the Sugar Cube SC-1.  Somethings not right.  That will wait to tomorrow as I'm on the third bourbon.

51OHtuHfNWL._SX355_.jpg

• Like 3

Mornin' All,

Was up at 1AM ... wife left me a note to wake her at 3:45AM....  So, I stayed up until I got her under way.... well, up. I did make coffee for her. She's off to work @5.. I get to be noisy early. The neighbors ore so lucky. 

That some fancy equipment, Chuck.Some day I might like something like that. I have a few things to take care of first. A room to put it in comes to mind.

My sister is planning on coming down here next month. We'll see how that goes. They intended on flying. 

it's trying to rain. hasn't been very successful. Barely enough to make mud with the dust on the windshield. These rains are turning into a non-event. Resisted calling it a washout. Not that a lot was called for. 1/2 to 3/4in over 3 days. What we got is, low, overcast, warm and a little bit damp. Not rained enough to call off outdoor activities.  At least it isn't cold.

• Like 2

more of the same this AM... Warm, damp and overcast. Still waiting for the rain.

Cut-off low is just floating around northern Baja. They say it will happen this evening. AM temps are near summer-like.

With the cloud cover, kinda surprised the AF isn't flying crazy. They tend to train a lot on days when line of sight doesn't work.

About to open a bag of Kona beans. They have Kauai beans at the store... unless they have upped their game, it isn't anything special. Good, but no WOW factor.

Summer garden is starting to sprout. Gotta use row cover... critters/bird are very active.  Seeing caterpillars and dragonflies and swarms of gnats.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

And I do mean sad @grasshopper.

If that Kona isn't special to you then it's probably been stepped on so bad it would be like buying coke from a coke-head and getting 8% purity!!

But it from somewhere with the HI stamp logo on it that says 100% and not a blend. They're might be good blends out there like Marley's used to have their JBM "Smile" blend I loved. Not sure but you've had some bad luck with Kona is all I've got to say buddy!

It warmed up after the rain, sun came out yesterday and mid 70s here with low humidity 45% mid afternoon. Did the weed & feed yesterday while everything was wet. Good grief had to hose off my yard shoes. Deer dooky all over the back yard. Guess that's why they're here a lot, I'm not outside all the time anymore.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

f that Kona isn't special to you then it's probably been stepped on

I was speaking of the Kauai beans, there.

22 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I gave up on growing tomatoes due to the squirrel population.  They would bite a green one and leave it on the ground.  Miss growing them though but probably spend more than I would buying them.

I did OK with the garden at the other place. This rock pile barely supports native weeds.

One comment about what it costs... You're right. But, you can't get the quality or variety. I came across an old heirloom variety of tomato, Purple Calabash, that I fell in love with. About the ugliest thing you could find.   Purple and lumpy. Cut into it ... green. Best I can describe the flavor is ROBUST. Not just color in your sandwich. They are tart...

Ever eat those low acid tomatoes? Candy tomato doesn't do it for me. They're sweet... and still taste like tomato.

We've been thinking about getting a few chickens. Just for eggs. They aren't cost effective, either. Except, you get fresh eggs.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

better boy and bigger boys

To me it seems that the quality of soil has more impact on how vegetables taste more than the variety. There is difference with variety but with bad soil the flavor is very weak. ?

About 15 years ago we made a raised bed 8'x24' and way overfilled it with shavings and horse manure from stables. It took about 3 years for it to decompose to the point that weeds would even grow in it, but since then everything grows great. It's a good thing what grows in it does not taste like horse poop. :huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With the red clay that we have considering thirty years that there were short leaf pine trees there from 1960 until Hugo. Then the rich black potting soil I mixed in there yearly. 

I still put a little lime in the soil where I planted the peppers and tomatos. Kept it away from the beans, greens, squash, eggplant and corn.

D*$n fire ants!

Miss my garden

• Like 2

that the neat thing about plants... they like our garbage. Speaking of which... I need to make a trip to the dump.Paper, cans and plastic.... Most organic waste goes to the compost heap.

I had red clay in Amado. The other house had sandy loam... bottom land.   This place is decomposing shale and granite...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

We have a grey clay here, water can not pass through it, it's why ponds do great here. But to grow anything in it you have to add something better.

Long leaf pine trees here, kind of forever, they call it the pine belt. Acid soil

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dtel said:

We have a grey clay here, water can not pass through it, it's why ponds do great here. But to grow anything in it you have to add something better.

Long leaf pine trees here, kind of forever, they call it the pine belt. Acid soil

Called gumbo clay around here. 4 wheel drive proving ground...

• Haha 1

Got three cases here in town now.

Stocked up our "pantry" and the freezer this past couple of weeks.

Can't really quarantine but I won't go to the store again until we run out of milk & buttermilk. Respirator from NOW on going to any public place here in jim&tammyland!

Opened a can of corned beef just now, some hate it but I have always liked it with sharp cheddar and brown spicy mustard (I add horseradish).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Got two cases here in town last night, noted today.

Stocked up our "pantry" and the freezer this past couple of weeks.

Can't really quarantine but I won't go to the store again until we run out of milk & buttermilk. Respirator from NOW on going to any public place here in jim&tammyland!

Opened a can of corned beef just now, some hate it but I have always liked it with sharp cheddar and brown spicy mustard (I add horseradish).

With this virus that's going around...

buy non perishable food items..

Cans and , dry goods... Flour and instant yeast...I

Popcorn...dried meats etc..

• Like 1

I did Mike, canned protein stuff, warehouse sized beef jerky, grapenuts, grits, all purpose flour & corn meal, BACON, sea pack fish bogo!

& linguine, fettuccini & mozzarella!  

6 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Not sure If more will be infected..

i might have to limit coffee consumption...

If the germ in a cough or a sneeze can live & infect for three hours in the air?   How far can that exact same air & snot molecules travel?

8 hour threat on non-porus surfaces less than that on cardboard.

Lots more will get it!

• Like 1