The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

40 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

hey should hang out with someone that was a teen or 20 something in the 1970s, They wouldn't make it until the am

No way they could hang.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Pete H said:

Back to work.  Busted butt this weekend getting the grill resurrected/pool opened and ready to swim/landscape bed cleanup/mulching/cutting grass.  Going back to work because I need a break.

That was a preview of what it's like to be retired.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jimjimbo said:
5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I finally finished priming the ceiling this weekend.  Chad hasn't fixed the error message I get when posting from my phone so I haven't been able to post pictures. 

I'd rather watch golf.

I'd rather watch paint dry than to paint with a brush.

4 hours ago, windashine said:

My 2004 Silverado was stolen 2 weeks ago, from work... instead of posting, I find myself looking at want ad's, making offer's... searching the history of truck problem's.... even searching building one from the ground up, from a roller sans the engine and trans... (have a 65 to go see Friday)

A 65 would be nice but would take alot to get it up to date or really reliable? Many people now start with switching from drum brakes to disc on older models, stopping is good. Sorry about the truck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Some young-ins do some crazy-deadly crap on a dare from facepalm or twitverse and think they know how to party.

Unh Uh.

They should hang out with someone that was a teen or 20 something in the 1970s, They wouldn't make it until the am:laugh:

Your right, proved it once with a couple of son in laws. :emotion-19:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Tuesday morning and I'm almost sober.  We ended up putting my 396's on the back patio this weekend and the more we drank the louder it got.  I generally try to be a good neighbor with regards to volume but failed miserably this weekend.  I earned the right to wear my "Pissing off the neighbors" t-shirt Sunday night.

Went and picked up the 396's from the freight carrier because I couldn't wait and it was only 24 miles from me so tonight won't be the first time I've pissed of the neighbours, but I have, on occasion, reminded them of two very important things:

1.  We have no noise ordinance in our township.

2.  "you think that's loud, hold my beer" 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Holiday weekends are usually not enforced.  If they were pissed they should have just invited themselves in as part of the bargain.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dtel said:

Your right, proved it once with a couple of son in laws. :emotion-19:

Bad pa paw!  Bet they did not fess up to your girls!

• Haha 2

=== basement time boys and girls. Tornado sirens are a blaring and seeing it on TV weather, it’s a mutha’. ‘Bouts 20 miles to my west.

Ive clicked my 👠 heels together and grabbed Toto — and my arse —

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

That's not far from a big-un moving 50mph through the flat mid-west fields.

• Haha 2

It's been a pretty violent spring already, hope none of you all have any of it near you.

• Like 2

We can defeat this.  Let's just deny the science like the government.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

20 miles, c'mon man.

=== okay, okay — I’m just sayin’ - looks it’s approaching 10 miles west. I’ll send you pics of my splintered home if that gains me more weather cred -

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You ever been near one?

@oldtimer the hair on my arms standing up, ears popping temp dropped fifteen to twenty degrees in an instant, hail as big as cue balls hurling down...I mean shot down... not just falling, and that f'n ROAR... that you can feel too! I'm only here because it remained a funnel cloud.

Wrath of God can't be bartered with. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richieb said:

=== okay, okay — I’m just sayin’ - looks it’s approaching 10 miles west. I’ll send you pics of my splintered home if that gains me more weather cred -

It might.  It is an honest offer, unlike the nonexistent offers regarding lies and propaganda.

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

You ever been near one?

@oldtimer the hair on my arms standing up, ears popping temp dropped fifteen to twenty degrees in an instant, hail as big as cue balls hurling down...I mean shot down... not just falling, and that f'n ROAR... that you can feel too! I'm only here because it remained a funnel cloud.

Wrath of God can't be bartered with. 

All of my life.  Ever seen softball sized hail blown sideways?  Only a jackass with an ego the size of you know who would consider barter.

• Like 2

Softball??

That's scary even if it's straight down.

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Softball??

That's scary even if it's straight down.

The destruction was massive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

All of my life.  Ever seen softball sized hail blown sideways?  Only a jackass with an ego the size of you know who would consider barter.

=== Who?

• Like 1