I look more like mom's Swedish half...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I met SirPaul... It was 3AM. Comes up to me ,"Drinking coffee?"

"uhhhhhhh... yeah"  

Elaborate please.  

• Like 3

We were decorating the dance "hall" at the HalfwayStation...in a previous life, a stage stop. Half way between Tucson and Nogales. Place was closed and needed "life" breathed into it.  We were trying to make the confetti "explode" from the pinatas in the vid....Anyway, at 3AM, he comes to see "How it's going".  I was standing there, in a daze from being up for near 24hrs, when he approached me. 

I pretty accurately described our "convo"...  of all the things I would have liked to ask/say... Best I could do was "duhhhh"

Seemed very personable and everyone that wanted autographs got. I managed to get Paul and Linda's on the same piece of paper.

that might be worth something, eventually. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

as baby face as he is, he was starting to show his age at that time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

as baby face as he is, he was starting to show his age at that time.

Me too.  Just had a random thought this morning that I have to take mandatory distributions from an IRA at 70 1/2 years old. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

not me.

folks say I have gotten better looking as I aged. I musta been one ugly kid.

oh hey!

We have a cold front coming thru. Gonna drop the temps from 100` to 98`. Still running below norm temps. 101` is average now.

• Haha 3

The one project for the day is to set up the new Rega Planar 3 and the Hana EH moving coil cartridge.  Dreading the job since I broke a wire on the Denon last week.  The Schiit Mani pre is to arrive today. 

Tomorrow.....will attempt to take the arm off the Denon and send it to Texas to a forum bud for rewiring.

Hope these 70 year old hands are steady enough😑

• Like 4

you can do it! Steady up... I have hardwired connections on receivers for my R/C helicopters.  12 wires, 1 mm dia, of 7 strands ea to a board less than 1in square. 

taking it apart

it's already broken... you have that going for you.

putting it back on.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

you can do it! Steady up... I have hardwired connections on receivers for my R/C helicopters.  12 wires, 1 mm dia, of 7 strands ea to a board less than 1in square. 

taking it apart

it's already broken... you have that going for you.

putting it back on.....

I was trying to machine an R/C Helicopter's rotor head parts from an R/C Modeler magazine's plans in metal shop in high school! I made a few, but mostly I got HIGH in high school!

And you are correct, since it's already BROKEN you have that going for you! Problem is: you can break it worse trying to FIX IT! 😉

Try NOT to go that route!

John Kuthe...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

you know what a Bell/Hiller head is?

I defied conventional wisdom and got rid of half the linkage.  Heard a lot of "That won't work", Got a working prototype and a month or 3 later Blade had an almost identical set up in production.

Keeping my thinking in "parallel evolution" helps to slow the thoughts of theft of intellectual property.

• Like 4

.... defense dept watches R/C forums.  I have gotten 2 "Sorry, wrong number" calls from Raytheon. I'm tempted to up there, see if they have something for me to do. They are in Tucson. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

The one project for the day is to set up the new Rega Planar 3 and the Hana EH moving coil cartridge.  Dreading the job since I broke a wire on the Denon last week.  The Schiit Mani pre is to arrive today. 

I'd be curious to know your impressions of the Hana. Please report back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rplace said:

I'd be curious to know your impressions of the Hana. Please report back.

dirtmudd recommended the Hana and I read all the reviews.  Not knowing the benefits/drawbacks of the EH and EL I ordered the EH (high output).  I also thought I would need a step up pre so I ordered the Schiit Mani because of great reviews.  Later.......reading the Hana instructions it states that with the EH you can use a MM and still get the MC sound😲  So I would have been okay without the Schiit but I'm still anxious to hear it.

The Hana is installed and pretty nicely set up with the supplied protractor.  No wires broken and needle nose pliers did help. I installed the nuts on top of the head shell thinking it would be easier but now not so sure.

Played part of one  LP (Charlie Musslewhite Aces and Harps) and it sounded fine.  Tomorrow the Schiit install.  Then some break in time and a report back.

One side note...There is a guy on youtube, think his name is Ian, who is well known for his cartridge shoot outs.  He did a review of the Hana EH and the Nagaoka -150 and preferred the Nagaoka at half the price of the Hana!  Wish I had read that first!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

.... defense dept watches R/C forums.  I have gotten 2 "Sorry, wrong number" calls from Raytheon. I'm tempted to up there, see if they have something for me to do. They are in Tucson. 

Silly Defense (WAR) Dept!

Like we'd post our "secrets" there? 😉

John Kuthe...

• Haha 3

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:04 PM, BigStewMan said:

well, i’m free ... does that count?

Freedom's just another word for

Nothin' left to lose

• Like 5

Actually, yes. We did a lot of collaboration. Not unlike here. Modding was a way of life. Some models would barely fly or were uncontrollable from the factory, until we made a few changes. I think the phrase is "beta testing"

I was rather surprised to see how many options to mod are available in this arena besides simply changing component line up. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Freedom's just another word for

Nothin' left to lose

Nothing
It ain't nothing if it ain't FREE!

John Kuthe...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, WillyBob said:

=== yeah, you should do that. I’m sure there will be plenty for you to do after showing up at Raytheon, unannounced, in a sarong — 

• Haha 4

lol

I think out of the box. In a right handed world, lefties have to.

• Like 4

I thought all they needed was a good fastball.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1