The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

7 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

Right now we have a popular figurehead of state in our Queen here but I don’t know anyone looking forward to her son Charles succeeding her. The last King Charles was a bad King which is not a good omen.

King?  Queen?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

King?  Queen?

Remember Napoleon lost first ‘The Battle of Nations’ and at Waterloo (the Prussian’s certainly made that result inevitable).

Invading Spain and Russia didn’t help.

Result: British monarchy survives their greatest threat since the Battle at Hastings and keep a throne.

Wb

British monarchy were French until they were German, because of the battle of Hastings, as I recall.  French was also the language spoken at court.  The current slugs actual name is Saxe-Coburg Gotha, which belies the German heritage.  Windsor is a sham of a name.

It is more complicated than that. The Norman’s were originally Norseman who conquered western France. French was the language at all European Courts and of diplomacy for hundreds of years (Just like English is the language of air traffic control today). The British monarchy became German, cemented by Victoria’s marriage to Albert and yes their descendants had to change their German name to the made up name of Windsor.

It did not look good to be fighting Germany in WWI with a last name that is so obviously German.👑

That said, everyone comes from elsewhere in this world if you go back far enough. 

Wb

• Like 1

Mornin' All

Well, the party ends. I pick the wife up at 11AM ...  the house is pretty clean. Anyone have a sure-fire way to get glitter up? jk jk

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yep, bleach around the bathrooms then the kitchen surfaces. Not with the same implement.

Won't matter if there is laundry left to be done, it won't go anywhere and could wait forever!

She'll recognize the effort and maybe reciprocate ;)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Mornin' All

Well, the party ends. I pick the wife up at 11AM ...  the house is pretty clean. Anyone have a sure-fire way to get glitter up? jk jk

Depending on the surface either a strong vacuum or a newly minted lint roller like you would use on clothes.

Wb

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

Right now we have a popular figurehead of state in our Queen here but I don’t know anyone looking forward to her son Charles succeeding her.

Maybe the Queen wants to outlive him so he won't become king...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i was kinda right even though i’d never heard of the montagnards before today.

I was thinking about Steve Canyon, but haven't found anything about the montagnards in any of those stories.

Just now, Marvel said:

Maybe the Queen wants to outlive him so he won't become king...

She's no fool and surely knows that to be succeeded by a Fool is not going to be good for the monarchy. No one would vote for Charles if he ran against his son William in a popularity contest! 

So far she has reigned longest of all British Monarch's. Her biggest mistake was her lack of obvious compassion when Princess Diana died in a vehicle driven by a drunk.

Ever wonder what she carries in her always present purse? My money's on a brick or small hammer to whack annoying PM's with in private. 🔨

Wb

hope she enjoys it and sticks with it.  music is weird -- very hard at first but then suddenly gets easier. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

hope she enjoys it and sticks with it.  music is weird -- very hard at first but then suddenly gets easier. 

this is the goal 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

when you realize that the only one person counts in the "likes" ... is you

... and that a sour note only lasts until you quit doing it

she dinna pick anything easy to learn. Double reeds [oboe/bassoon] are right with strings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WillyBob said:

and that a sour note only lasts until you quit doing it

And that if you are a jazzman, it's called a clam.

• Haha 1

truth

when a buddy of mine was learning to play a trumpet, his folks got calls from the neighbors about a "car horn" honking for hours every day.

he did end up making a modest living from playing

surprise a yt vid.   he's a lot older than I remember Ya don't have to play it

• Like 1

What's in that suddenly popular Beyond Beef Burger?

1654159018_BeyondBeliefBurger.thumb.jpg.696839116735892d94d422a07bb29240.jpg

Check out the ingredients in your dog's food. Notice the commonality?

Wb

Beyond Belief Two.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1