Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Home, Mission Completed, need to rest up here for a few min, this morning in Bandon I was just getting used to 61 to 66 degrees.

On the ride today heading south temp inched up to 97 here right now.

Hope it was a good time and everything went well.

• Moderators
Since Dtel likes photos,

Yes I do like pics, you could explain that with 1000 words before it would be even close to me picturing it. :o

for there is no such thing as a bad butt rub, they all tastes good when it's done so you can't go wrong with those two, looked like they have a long way to go.

The bar looks nice and a cement top is a good idea being there so tough. Also love the back neighbors, is that farmland ? Either way better than neighbors.

That patio is cool, I can see why you want to put the bar there close to the firepit. That firepit is big enough to make a BBQ out of it, I think it was Jacksonbart who had a pit with a grate that could be raised or lowered by turning a crank, It was a cool idea.

Nice looking yard, I like your idea.

• Moderators
Never, i would probably like it, Pork butt sounds great, maybe some corn on the cob for a side.

There should be some kind of law, you should have to have some by a certain age, I think there is a law in Texas. Pork butt it really good but a brisket done well is just unbelievable, if you go to a BBQ place ask for some burnt ends from the brisket, there better than good.

• Like 1

Never, i would probably like it, Pork butt sounds great, maybe some corn on the cob for a side.

There should be some kind of law, you should have to have some by a certain age, I think there is a law in Texas. Pork butt it really good but a brisket done well is just unbelievable, if you go to a BBQ place ask for some burnt ends from the brisket, there better than good.

Making me hungry again :rolleyes:

Duder takes a mean pic of food. First rate fare, IMstomach's opinion.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 3

First cup of coffee down, it been a rough weekend. Staying up to late having some good times.

. Also love the back neighbors, is that farmland

Ya it awesome, When we decided to have a house built, the first location fell through as we didn't sell our previous house in time. But my buddy said I wouldn't like it as there was no wildlife, as it is a new neighbor hood. I think he would have been right as that house backed to the main road. Still no neighbors but the cars passing by would have drove me nuts.

So the second house we signed on which is the one we are living in. Is backed right to some farm land, which is a flood plain and some native American land, that won't eve be built on. I see deer, ducks, geese, and occasionally a pack of coyotes barking. So I gets plenty of wild life.

That firepit is big enough to make a BBQ out of it, I think it was Jacksonbart who had a pit with a grate that could be raised or lowered by turning a crank, It was a cool idea.

I would love to do something like that, I have heard that open pit bbq is a little tougher to control . But I think I would be up for the challenge.

• Like 2

Going to need some help harvesting the tomato crop

Wow yours are growing much faster, you must have gotten them in the ground a lot sooner. I just got mine in, last week.

The thing about cherry tomatoes is that they ripen a few at a time so unless they are for salads what do you do with them? Would take a bunch just to make a sandwich :mellow:

Mine have been in the pots for a month. Planting time here is around good Friday for warm weather crops.

Wait to you see dtel's tomatoes :)

• Like 3

• Moderators

I don't know I'm with duder, we had a late frost so I waited a little, there only probably about 1 to 1.5 feet right now. But I did plant 4 cherry tomatoes also, last time the cherries didn't do so well. Also 8 regular tomatoes 4 bell peppers, 6 cucumbers, 4 Japanese eggplants.

It's not a big garden about 6x 20 raised. Years ago we did big gardens, but it's way to much work especially if it only me doing the work. I like tpo plant corn also but every time I do we have a drought and they get 3' tall and stop.

what do you do with them

The grandkids like them but usually I just eat them when there ready as I walk by. :)

• Like 2

Going to need some help harvesting the tomato crop

Wow yours are growing much faster, you must have gotten them in the ground a lot sooner. I just got mine in, last week.

Yeah dude your porch is very nice!

• Like 2

Hopefully I can figure out how to post my rose bushes when they bloom. Man i have to say it appears we have to trim them back way further than ever before...We gave 1 of the 3 to my mom although the other 2 are usually beautiful....All the flowers are a bit weird here in northern indiana at the moment...farmers are planting still even today we seen a couple soy fields getting what appears to be a late start. I dont know much about farms but my wifes family has 1500 acres so im learning a little. Slowly :)

• Like 2

The "New" toys are in the cave, using the newly acquired scalas (w/old xovers) wired with my existing pair, im "there".

Bells, well this is a different animal, by the time I pulled them off my truck into the cave, the wife no longer wishes to even hear them.

Talk about Khorns spoiling her, yeah that's pretty much what happened, she does not want me to touch the Khorns.

I fired up the Bells first thing sunday, they are the standard well taken care of 30 year old + - find, they work well, just not in the man cave, two pairs of Scalas works well right now.

The wife's old Chorus are on the Bay, and it's looking like the Bells will follow.

The game plan worked well, I figured if I bought one pair of each kick azz Klipsch, the wife could make her choice, she did, and is elated at the outcome, and I ended up with a new pair of scalas.

• Like 4

The "New" toys are in the cave, using the newly acquired scalas (w/old xovers) wired with my existing pair, im "there".

Bells, well this is a different animal, by the time I pulled them off my truck into the cave, the wife no longer wishes to even hear them.

Talk about Khorns spoiling her, yeah that's pretty much what happened, she does not want me to touch the Khorns.

I fired up the Bells first thing sunday, they are the standard well taken care of 30 year old + - find, they work well, just not in the man cave, two pairs of Scalas works well right now.

The wife's old Chorus are on the Bay, and it's looking like the Bells will follow.

The game plan worked well, I figured if I bought one pair of each kick azz Klipsch, the wife could make her choice, she did, and is elated at the outcome, and I ended up with a new pair of scalas.

Looking very nice Mark! Glad you are both home safely with the 2 pairs. Interesting choice on keepers and sellers...I believe I can understand why. Very nice use of sources to get the best possible. Nice to see your having everlasting fun! Cheers!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Smart lady, going for sound over beauty. :emotion-21: Not that Khorns are ugly but bells are just perty.

Looking at that pic the LaScala looks much bigger than the bells, I never really compared the sizes.

That looks like some good looking belle's, what flavor are they ?

Glad you two had a safe trip, hope it was fun also.

• Like 2

Sunday I was just running the scalas next to each other, ran my Spl/Db test all day into the night, they sounded great, but am I willing to tear into the ones I already set up for the cave? hummm.

Fired the set up again this morning really playing every genre I could find, cranked, I knew there was no way im going back to one pair of scalas.

Well, time to make them mobile, and done.

This winter I plan on the bracing in the LF, then refinish w/bedliner industrial coating. good shop/cave speakers.

• Like 4

Sunday I was just running the scalas next to each other, ran my Spl/Db test all day into the night, they sounded great, but am I willing to tear into the ones I already set up for the cave? hummm.

Fired the set up again this morning really playing every genre I could find, cranked, I knew there was no way im going back to one pair of scalas.

This winter I plan on the bracing in the LF, then refinish w/bedliner industrial coating. good shop/cave speakers.

mad man :D , did ya get the belles as wells :emotion-21:

• Like 2

Oh yes we got the Bells, after getting home and unloading the truck, the Bells were the first ones I fired up in the cave, wife heard them and said sell-em.

She is quite happy with her Khorns.

• Like 2

Morning gang, first cup of Joe, zero Duggans, dam so that's what coffee tastes like ! :o

Appears a store run is in order today.

Looks as though the Belles on the Bay are quite popular, 220 views, 13 watchers.

This Memorial Day will go down as being closer on the on-going speaker upgrade for both of us, Finely after two years of trying to get her living room sound just where she wants it, and this only after doing something iv never heard of anyone doing trying to please the wife, buy every dam top Klipsch, and let her pick, every speaker in the same room at the same time, Khorns won by a landslide.

Khorns were rewired w/Crites last week, wheeled in the scalas, and the bells, took less than a min to jump wires from one set to the other, then back and fourth a few times, granted the Scalas/Belles have old xcrossovers.

Tired, back hurts,1004 miles and a couple grand,, finely got a handle on the two channel(s).

• Like 2

Oh yes we got the Bells, after getting home and unloading the truck, the Bells were the first ones I fired up in the cave, wife heard them and said sell-em.

She is quite happy with her Khorns.

I did not think she would like the belles better than K-Horns, I personally dont know anyone who has preferred belle over K-Horn, Belles certainly have more WAF in appearance

you will make someone happy with them

• Like 2