Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Tarheel you are well on your way to "winning the forum" with this thread! Next up 50k views and 6k posts - well done! Nice vibe on this one! To quote my English teacher "Ya done good!"

Thanks Dave.  It started from a simple question about coffee and was also a take off of the cable battle going on in another thread.  Who knew it would become this friendly behemoth :wacko:

• Like 5

• Moderators
Tarheel, on 08 Jan 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

ChuckAb3, on 08 Jan 2015 - 09:55 AM, said:

Mornin' everyone. Our focus is still on our granddaughter. She is stable but still sick and in the hospital. Respiratory illness is a nasty deal. Will check back later. Chuck.

Yep Chuck....we got to get that little girl well!

Yes good luck for her, that is a nasty thing to have and very hard to get over. Hope it's over soon.

• Like 1

• Moderators
akdave, on 08 Jan 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

Tarheel you are well on your way to "winning the forum" with this thread! Next up 50k views and 6k posts - well done! Nice vibe on this one! To quote my English teacher "Ya done good!"

True, 2-6 will be a year and I think it has covered everything allowed on the forum and a little extra. It's my favorite spot, always something going on. :emotion-21:

• Moderators
4 degrees F. here this morning. Now that ain't normal!!! Nowhere near global warming either!

In Alabama, that's not normal, and I thought 18 here last night was bad, there is ice on the waterlilly ponds.

Out of likes for the day :wacko:

billybob.....with the DAC the sound is CD like and bypassing the pc sound card makes all the difference.  A full, lush, sound with silence between tracks.  I haven't installed the software that Mark says will make even more difference.  I'm just waiting for a ten year old to stop by and show me how to install it :blink:

For Earl and you other weight watchers here is my spinach pie I posted in the Fine Food and Music thread.  Atkins friendly! 

post-17365-0-63940000-1420736524_thumb.j

• Like 2

billybob.....with the DAC the sound is CD like and bypassing the pc sound card makes all the difference.  A full, lush, sound with silence between tracks.  I haven't installed the software that Mark says will make even more difference.  I'm just waiting for a ten year old to stop by and show me how to install it :blink:

For Earl and you other weight watchers here is my spinach pie I posted in the Fine Food and Music thread.  Atkins friendly! 

CD like was what was hoping for at least. Good to hear and thanks for the early report.

Excellent food choice. That do look delicious. Been thinking about it since mentioned. :) Nice presentation.

Boxx would approve...Rest In Peace

This thread is mounting, as was mentioned. Congrats Tarheel and all... :emotion-21:

Was just editing an earlier post...

I can't think of anything worse than the feeling you have when your child is sick.  My youngest daughter is a Junior in high school.  When she was 19 days old a blood vessel burst in the ventricle in her brain.  She was life flighted to TX Childrens Hospital and was in ICU for 45 days.  It absolutely rips your insides out.  I think my wife and I aged 3 years in that month and a half.

• Like 3

This thread reminds me of the groups of old retired guys that meet every day at Dennies to solve the worlds problems over breakfast.  Am I the only one that gets that vibe from this thread?

I keep thinkging that I need to build a 'retirement calendar' and start counting the days only because the vibe comes through so strong that I thought everyone here was already retired.  :P

• Like 1

This thread reminds me of the groups of old retired guys that meet every day at Dennies to solve the worlds problems over breakfast.  Am I the only one that gets that vibe from this thread?

NO!!!! I am not one of those guys...yet.

(I will never go to Dennies again)

• Like 2

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 08 Jan 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

I can't think of anything worse than the feeling you have when your child is sick.  My youngest daughter is a Junior in high school.  When she was 19 days old a blood vessel burst in the ventricle in her brain.  She was life flighted to TX Childrens Hospital and was in ICU for 45 days.  It absolutely rips your insides out.  I think my wife and I aged 3 years in that month and a half.

Your right, you feel helpless to someone who depends on you for everything, it's a terrible feeling.

Glad it turned out ok, God, I couldn't imagine how Dave and his wife felt with everything they went through with there daughter, I don't know how I could do it, very sad.

• Like 2

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 08 Jan 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

Yes your right, probably why it's so popular, we use to stop at Hardees going to jobs and they were full of old buzzards talking, we need some biscuits like that here. I use to think they just sit here and do nothing ?.......well here I am. :o

• Like 1

• Moderators
Tarheel, on 08 Jan 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Looks good Tarheel, I would surely try that and I don't normally eat spinach cooked, I like it raw instead of lettuce, sometimes just on a wrap with some kind of sauce is good. 

I do have a question is the laptop your using windows 8, still trying to figure out how I can get where your at considering my DAC I use as a preamp is limited to  24bit/48kHz on the USB input, other inputs are higher.  Is this even Ok or to low ?

• Like 2

• Moderators
54 F. in my Den when we woke up

54 is not really cold, but inside it sure feels cold when waking up, just be careful with the heater sucking the oxygen out of the room. Had that happen in a greenhouse we had, you first notice a slight headache which worsens and then you start to get dizzy, I would guess what happens next is not good. 

• Like 1

Tarheel, on 08 Jan 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Looks good Tarheel, I would surely try that and I don't normally eat spinach cooked, I like it raw instead of lettuce, sometimes just on a wrap with some kind of sauce is good. 

I do have a question is the laptop your using windows 8, still trying to figure out how I can get where your at considering my DAC I use as a preamp is limited to  24bit/48kHz on the USB input, other inputs are higher.  Is this even Ok or to low ?

Eldon,  Mine is Windows 8 and I plug the DAC into the USB port.....bring up Spotify and play music.  The premium package upgrades to a higher resolution.  I am computer illiterate so maybe someone else will chime in.  I don't even know how to cut and paste :wacko: and I really wanted to post the Levon Helm song/video "When I Go Away"  for the Boxx tribute tomorrow.  Maybe Joe or Earl or one of the other smart guys will assist me getting that done?

• Like 1