Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Yep Mark it sounds great!  The extra cable not being used alarmed me a bit!  Tech stuff stresses me out.....makes me want to have a cocktail or two.....hmmmm. 

Steve hang in there.  I know the weather (72 and sunny) is hard to take but it will change.  Whoops....you are in California so I take that back.  It's there to stay!

Is anyone using the premium Spotify?  Other than eliminating commercials is it worth the $9.99/month?  What do you like about it?

• Like 4

Cheers Mark :emotion-46:  :emotion-22:  :emotion-21:

You will know the time to pass it on, i see a new DAC in your future, and their are far more qualified people here to tell of the kind they like.

Do not know if you loaded the CD or not, if you do, it gives you an EQ, that will mess with your sound like no other :emotion-21:

Edited by minermark
  • Like 5

Morning Gang

Hopefully this will be a better day without any Forum losses.

Bit of a nippy morning here, or im gettin older, 36 outside, 50 in the Cave and warming.

Tarheel should be getting spoiled about now, bypassing the builtin soundcard does make a difference.

Guess we could say we have another DAC convert :emotion-21:

• Like 5

I feel the absence of Boxx.....one of our own. There is an empty chair here in the Cables and Coffee coffee klatch :sad:

I friend some folks here on the forum because there is some commonality or admired trait that draws me to them.  My friend Boxx had many.   He loved this forum as was evidenced by his writing, his wit, his calming influence, his creativity, as well as the many friends he made here.  His dedication to this forum is unmatched.  Boxx dropped in from time to time to share a cup of coffee with us.  He always classed the place up.  He will be missed.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 10

• Moderators

All true, everything can change quickly, take advantage of the pleasure of everyone around you, it's not permanent.  

This is truly shocking, you know in a way even without meeting in person you really get to know the real person. How someone really acts in many situations is more of a true indication of what kind of person they are than looking at them face to face. I know it's always said people act a certain way behind a computer keyboard, but I think the good side of people can easily be seen even through a computer, it's really hard to hide over time.

• Like 8

Sorry for the loss of Boxx as well, He will be missed :( ,.............My morning started raunchy, No water :angry: .................not frozen :)  the dang pressure switch to a nose dive, 20.00 and 2 hours later We Have Water  :D

Ever notice how some folks dont seem to care if you are around till they need something -_-

• Like 6

So sorry to hear of Boxx' passing. Wish I'd had the chance to meet him. Class act. Did not check in earlier ... our granddaughter Aubrey is in Children's Hospital with a severe respiratory condition. She's just a year old. Any prayers would be appreciated. I probably won't check back in until very late or even tomorrow. Thanks guys.

• Like 7

Hey Chuck.....my best to Aubrey. Let us know how she is doing.

I know what it's like to have respiratory problems.  I volunteer with Rescue Connect, a dog rescue group. Today I took a yellow Lab to the vet to get a health certificate so he can be flown to Florida for adoption.  I had to wait for some time and the dog and cat dander really got to me.  I had to leave him at the vets to go home to get an inhaler I rarely use.  All better now but it does make you a bit anxious. 

Kai, the 75 pound male lab is a great dog.  He has a skin condition and we discovered a hematoma in his left ear.  He was so well mannered and took right to me (I always have treats).  Spent four hours with him and hated to leave him at the day care shelter.  If the adoption falls through I may see what Jake thinks of getting a young brother.

I feel more than a bit somber posting here knowing Boxx is not perusing forum activity :sad:

• Like 4