Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

So sorry to hear of Boxx' passing. Wish I'd had the chance to meet him. Class act. Did not check in earlier ... our granddaughter Aubrey is in Children's Hospital with a severe respiratory condition. She's just a year old. Any prayers would be appreciated. I probably won't check back in until very late or even tomorrow. Thanks guys.

i have prayed for Aubrey and your family. Having Asthma makes me sympathetic to others with breathing issues. Praying for complete and swift recovery as well as peace for you.

Steve

• Like 4

I feel the absence of Boxx.....one of our own. There is an empty chair here in the Cables and Coffee coffee klatch :sad:

I friend some folks here on the forum because there is some commonality or admired trait that draws me to them.  My friend Boxx had many.   He loved this forum as was evidenced by his writing, his wit, his calming influence, his creativity, as well as the many friends he made here.  His dedication to this forum is unmatched.  Boxx dropped in from time to time to share a cup of coffee with us.  He always classed the place up.  He will be missed.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

well said Chuck.
  • Like 4

I have been off for a while (much more frequent reader than poster) but I was also saddened to hear of Boxx's passing. There are a lot of quality people on this forum, he was certainly a prime example and he will be missed.

• Like 6

It is strange how you can form such a connection to people who you have never met in person. In many ways I feel like I know many of you very well, but at the same time like I don't know anything at all. The internet has certainly changed the way we live.

• Like 8

Morning all.  Talked with LF who has a house full of company.  Company is sleeping and LF is in the hot tub/spa outside with a cup of coffee talking to me!  Temp is 33 degrees :o

Read Boxx's obituary last night.  Thanks for posting that Earl.  It's going to take some time.....

Been doing a little cooking as I am doing the Atkins diet.  Made a spinach pie and an Atkins approved cheese cake.  LF loved both and took the spinach pie home with her.  I will make another today.  Lost three pounds so far.  Three to go and then maintain at 180.

Missing that good dog Kai this morning.  He deserves a good home and some stability :(

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 3

Diabetes forces me to do no / low carbs, (grandmother, father, sister, aunt all have it) so far if I watch my diet I can get away with taking 1 pill a day to keep the sugar manageable, back in late Oct. numbers got out of control affected vision (that SUCKED) Now I am more careful with what I eat / drink 

If I can maintain 200-210 at 6 ' tall I am a happy camper...................If only I had known my future back when I was 20, I could have made some lifestyle changes, at 50 it is much harder to adjust and maintain 

• Like 4

Not missing the carbs that much so far.  Been doing Atkins and Stillman diets off and on since the late 70s.  Stillman allows no carbs....just meat, eggs, and cheese and 8 glasses of water per day.

Breakfast is great with cheese eggs and sausage or fried eggs and bacon.  Chicken salad or cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce with mustard and chili for lunch.  Steak or seafood and mashed cauliflower or steamed broccoli for dinner.  Atkins cheese cake with real whipped cream and toasted almond slices for desert :)

• Like 4

Mornin' everybody. Thank you for your prayers and concern. Aubrey is still pretty sick but is at least stable.  We should find out test results today sometime to see if we're dealing with flu, etc. Will drop in and see her today.

On the carb thing, I dropped 45 or so lbs going low carb and gluten free, pretty much along the lines of the book 'Wheat Belly' and the cookbook that goes with it. Pretty effective and you can adapt and adopt what you like. My better half is a good, creative cook and she makes some great meals. Do not miss the sugar or bread. I'm well past the age where my body can take the abuse!

Thank you again and bless you.

Chuck

• Like 5

Thanks guys! 

Thanks Joe for your generosity (the high rez music stick).  Now I will go listen to my freebies :)

So does it work?

I want to start drinkin, dont know if i need to keep some brain cells open.

It works great Mark.  Today I hope to get the software installed but its not opening correctly on my pc.

Earl I did get the premium upgrade and it sounds great.  I sign in to Spotify through FB and to edit my account on Spotify I must supply my user name and password.  Can't remember either so don't know if I'm getting the higher resolution without editing my preferences :wacko:  No adds now though :)

• Like 4

As I recall, you have to go into settings and select the highest bitrate

You have to go to edit.  A new screen comes up that ask for your username and password.  I don't recall either.  The help feature doesn't help as you have to have your username to request your password. I'll try contacting Spotify shortly.

• Like 1

Hey guys....

I just posted on the Boxx thread. I just had to try to tell Alex how sad it has made me for his loss. I kept going to the thread yesterday....but each time my eyes would fill up and that big lump in throught would be there. I have never met any of you guys yet.......but somehow there is a close connection with some.....and Boxx was one of them.....I just needed to share that with my coffee buds...

Now this carb thing all you guys are talking about.......I'm one of those guys you hate, I am 5' 11" 175 lbs and have been that way since I was 16 years old. I don't eat a lot of junk food and I do work out quit a bit.

I am one of those that can not sit still.....I run 100 mph all day.

A few times I have gone to train and I might partner-up with a "new" guy......they might be in there 20's and half way through the workout thay look at me and say........"how old are you?".....I just laugh at them......

Well on the down side of being like this is I don't sleep really good, my mind runs at night....oh well..

Gota run, I'll check in later

• Like 5

• Moderators

Had to start talking about diets, must have notice I gained weight over the last couple of months. :(

Tarheel I guess it is easy on that diet, you get to eat all the good stuff, :P  I tried the Atkins once and it worked and I loved it, but it can get expensive.

• Like 4