Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

FYI: usually freeze up is caused by low refrigerant. Even 1/2 a lb low can cause this to happen.

Yea...my home A/C unit was doing that for a few years. Had a leak in it. My shop land lord sold me a 30 lb container for $150... Every year I would put about 4 lbs of R-22 in it, did that for three years... then two years ago the compressor locked up...so I did get my moneys worth out of it...I went with some window units..

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Cave temp, 88 just up from Nap #1, 90s + they say, i say it's gettin time to head East.

No more Coffee today, Corona's and Madilens, Pizza ordered, Dam summer just creeped right in here wile nappin.

The Cave will be more tolerable with more air moving, yet another reason to double up the stack system(s) :ph34r2::emotion-21:

• Like 7

Hello gang, back from our show in the park..........dinner and now some wine to cap off the evening, almost 12 midnight here in the east, up at the usual  5:45 for work.......((((sigh))))...start it all over again..... :wacko:

Anyway, I could not resist adding to the Central AC freeze up!    First off, we have a very quiet and smooth running YORK system in our home which was installed by our seller back in 1991....     We had a dinner party a few years ago in the house and there was eight of us.  Between the bodies and the cooking etc, the AC was running during the evening hours to keep us at a comfy 73 degrees.

I went down to the first floor and noted a strange 'thundering' sound coming from the utility room........   Ahh, it was being generated by the blower unit in the furnace...   I ran up and checked the AC floor registers, and noted there was very little air movement!   I thought, hmmm, THIS is a first!

Well, as it turned out, the evap was pretty much totally frozen.   I also noted that the outside temp was in the 50ies !!!!  Shut it down to thaw for the night......

We had the HVAC guys come to check it all out the next day.  

Turns out the 'core' thermostat for the evaporator was around 32 degrees!  He turned it up to 36 and said that should keep it from icing up.    Also, he said running the AC with the OUTSIDE temps that cool will also cause this too happen, which was adding to the case that evening...    So, ever since their adjustments, there has been no ice up, and I make sure the AC is OFF should the outside temp get down to those numbers and the house thermostat is calling for cooling.   I open the sliders and let the cool night air in ;) ...

NOW, to continue with home owner challenges..................Chuck, it looks like the 'plumbing demon' has found my dishwasher!   I went to run it last night, and noted that it did NOT call for water at the start of the cycle.   Sure enough, the bottom was still filled with water and soap from the last rinse!

Seems the pump got plugged up and could not exit the rinse water!   I have had this happen before, and I will usually 'jog' the door handle while the pump is running to help 'clear' what may be blocking it which works.    Well, it took a while, but I finally got it cleared and it emptied the washer.

So, I ran a load last night figuring all was ok....   Tonight after the show, went to take the CLEAN load out, saw a big arse puddle of water sitting in the bottom AGAIN!   Dishes and glasses had a film all over them!    So, jogged the pump again and it was dumping just fine.   I ran a couple of rinse cycles which also emptied, then put all the filmy dishes and such back in, running ANOTHER full cycle...   I will see in the morning how that comes out.   Otherwise, it may be time to replace a 10 year old dishwasher  :o

Ok, that is my LONG story of the evening....

Good night everyone.................zzzzzz

........more later on....

...............Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 6

FYI: usually freeze up is caused by low refrigerant. Even 1/2 a lb low can cause this to happen.

Thinking that is the case as have been checking other things like new filter, outside unit for air to breathe near plants.

Thanks! Unfortunately we have an older Janitrol outside unit that I hear ac techs like for making some money. Usually a service call once a year around now is normal now. Out of that many trips, I should have asked them to check and top off. Living and still learning here. :)

• Like 5

Maybe we can ask chad for a radio channel for the thread.

Should be even more interesting than the car guys as, we

cover the whole gamut, maybe, so far.I sure enjoy the experience of others pita

projects,emergency repairs. Beside the road woes. Tigerman's dishwasher,patio

speakers,etc. Pics, likes,fooood, drink, coffee, oh, and audio. :blush:  :blush2:

Cables & Threads

Music :biggrin:

• Like 5

Morning Gang

Waiting for the the Coffee.

Cave temp 81 and cooling w/door open.

Opossum seem to like creeping in here if i leave the door open at night.

102 predicted today our first over 100 this year :o

Muel has requested a Duggans run during this impending speaker run, he is currently trying to arrange a meeting, if anyone else would like to sample the "Duggans" i will be hitting Rite Aid and picking up a few, you guy's know my route, 80 from Sac to st Lou and back, a little north, a little south, You have 48+ Hrs to figure out a meeting/Delivery.

Will be leaving Wed night or Thursday morn. 

• Like 6

Morning gang...

Getting ready to roll out....No work on the book today at the shop...but that's ok, cuz I got my Samurai to work on (getting ready for sale)...and I'm sure the used car maggots will have something to do. They always have some kind of crapp going on...

Yea Mark those Opossum's they are some strange creatures....many years ago back at my old house I walked around to back to get the trash...the sun was just coming up.....got to the cans and there was this huge Opossum around them....he scared the chitt out of me.....I think we scared each other.....he made some kind of grunt noise and ran off in the back yard....damn thing..

Gotta go..... MKP's boss is telling me that I gotta stop chattin with you guys......I'll check in later at the shop when she's not looking...lol lol

MKP :-)

• Like 5

• Moderators
yet another reason to double up the stack system(s

Any reason is a good reason,.............. it's been to hot, need to scare off opossums, to much empty space in the garage, road trips are fun, I love plywood.........there are a million reasons why. :lol:   

• Like 5

• Moderators
Will be leaving Wed night or Thursday morn.

Well be safe, have fun and keep the wife happy and everything will be good.

Were also leaving Wed sometime ? Going back to Hope to deliver some stuff to a really nice guy who hosted the klipsch get-together, also going to a birthday party, and I would think probably kill off some more of my liver as Carl would say.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 5

• Moderators
Can't believe my girls are on stage right now! Actually should be about done by now. My wife was telling me that there are actually over 300 singers in the choir. I'll bet it sounds beautiful!

Bet it will sound great, Is this an old pic of the girls, for some reason I was thinking they were much older. Hope they had fun, not everybody can say they got to sing at Carnegie hall. B)  

• Like 4

It's 90+, going to be a lazy day, HaggenDaz and Madlines sound pretty good right now.

Dam heat just sucks my energy right out of me.

Should be doing the oil change in the truck, maybe in the morning.

Got the wife out fecthing some of the Duggans for the trip.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 5

• Moderators

heh heh... that pic was 12 years ago or so.  They are teenagers now.  I just like that picture!  You don't see them hugging each other like that as much these days.  

Thought so, don't blame you for liking the pic, and your right the hugging drops off the older they get. Ours are all in there thirties, 6 grandkids. That's good and bad, when all the grandkids are all together it can get bad, or at least on my nerves at times.

• Like 5

• Moderators
Dam heat just sucks my energy right out of me.

Your right, it's exactly why I am cooling off inside right now. Our heat comes with thick humidity, the fun part. :(

• Like 5

• Moderators

My shop land lord sold me a 30 lb container for $150

They're hard to come by and VERY pricy now.  I think they stopped making 22.

Wish I would have bought more when they were cheap in the 550 count boxes at wally world.

A while back my daughter was ordering herself some ammo online and asked if I needed anything so I said some 12ga shotguns shells. I had some 3" 00 buck but wanted something light I was low on birdshot. It shows up in the mail a few weeks later, 2 cases, 12 boxes each I didn't expect that, she said they were cheap ? I don't remember the name now but at the time they had everything, except 22.

• Like 4

CCI still makes them, I hope.

Wish I would have bought more when they were cheap in the 550 count boxes at wally world.

A while back my daughter was ordering herself some ammo online and asked if I needed anything so I said some 12ga shotguns shells. I had some 3" 00 buck but wanted something light I was low on birdshot. It shows up in the mail a few weeks later, 2 cases, 12 boxes each I didn't expect that, she said they were cheap ? I don't remember the name now but at the time they had everything, except 22.

• Like 2

I was referring to R 22 (ac refrigerant) not ammo.

• Like 2