Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Move to the South & you'll stick closer to the refrigerated air...

47 more Sancho....count down. You can make it today. Getting excited?

108 for Mark. The big guys may be getting a two for one deal.

I still want a guest pass guys :huh:

I could if i call this a drinkin day, but when temps are above 80 im not really into Alc.
  • Like 5

Good Sunday to all...not much going on today, might put the EV's on the deck and do some "grillin". Yea "grillin" and "chillin" that sounds good..

Been working late all last week and went into the shop yesterday. Yea it's been hot for sure. The wife has her new A/C in her office she loves it. So when we eat our lunch in the cool office I don't want to go out to the hot shop. It really sucks. Still thinking about the A/C in the shop, but we are 1/2 way through summer and all the new office stuff dug into my pocket..

So I might be having a forum member from the Carver site coming over to check out my Klipsch. I was posting in a thread about speakers. Ya know everyone loves there speakers and gear...and they should. I was posting how just a few watts will get my Klipsch jumping but those same speakers will take all 380 watts of my TFM-55x and ask for more. I said it's like a wall of crystal clean sound just hittin ya...Got lots of questions about my Klipsch... A member contacted me and said he has never heard any Klipsch speakers and would love to hear them. He lives about 45 min from me. He says he like ROCK and likes it loud....Ahhh sounds like ChorusII's will fit the bill..... So maybe next weekend I might have my man over.. I'll keep ya posted when this happens...

Wishing all a great Sunday...

MKP :-)

• Like 8

Well these days at my age I limit my drinking to when I'm with people or by myself.  That's it....no exceptions.

Yeah, me too...I cut back, I only drink when I'm awake.  Gave up the Martini I.V. bottle.   :wacko:

• Like 8

Afternoon all,  Nothing Happening here today,  Enjoying a new spice the wife found at Wal-Mart no less, (Grinder Chipotle Hot Seasoning, By Dean Jacobs) it is superb on eggs in the morning not really spicy a great smokey flavor

Mark loved the offer to Pizz off others neighbors, (reminds me of helping spending others money  :D )

More Later

• Like 7

Our 2nd Chocolate Lab tore up her bed when she was a pup and left alone with our other lab at the time.  I think it was Christmas in 1990.  Marley & Blaze have full run of the house too, and our good boys.  There bag of dry dog food is just on the other side of one of those short gates.  They could get to it if they wanted, but they know better.

Got to get a 2nd cup of  :emotion-44: .  Need to cut grass too, but we have had so much rain around here, it needs to dry out.  I think Bloody Mary's are in order shortly.  The mosquitos are so bad that we are only going out to cut grass and take the dogs out.  They have a lot of pent up energy.  We may have to let them have some pool time today, but those friggin' mosquitos likely won't allow it.  We need some 20 mph+ winds.  With how hard it was raining yesterday, I said to my wife, maybe the rain will drown some of the rat bastards...or at least kill some of them from impact.  Wishful thinking. :blink:

banner-1_0.jpg

Edited by tnr
  • Like 8

Changed my mind: 36...

But, still too hot for drinkin'; 75 in my den now. Hit 78 F. yesterday; looking for 79-80 today.

Hot a s s Plasma is off; listening to TV sound/ baseball...

47 more Sancho....count down. You can make it today. Getting excited?

108 for Mark. The big guys may be getting a two for one deal.

I still want a guest pass guys :huh:

I could if i call this a drinkin day, but when temps are above 80 im not really into Alc.
Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 3

Afternoon friends............

Well, lawn is done, and SO very lucky the clouds made it all slightly more comfortable if you can call oppressive humidity levels such a thing.   7 lawn bags (four mower bag loads in each!) and the place looks good again.   :emotion-21: 

Showered and feeling better...    I can't even go back out to my deck!, the sun is now heating up things, and all of a sudden, we got severe storm watches happening :wacko2:

Deck audio playing ALL DAY "Watercolors' on SXM radio...   The new lap top cooler placed over the top of the receiver has done the trick, as the thing has not konked off YET  :wink: ...   So, I am happy about that.

Yesterday, I gave it the acid test!   I wanted to burn old sword fish leavings which were still in the grill frame.    So, four burners up to full, temp went 700 degrees!, and all burned off.   The receiver which is just under the dividing wall under the burners was hot to the touch, but NO threat to the gear, or my wiring as I was constantly monitoring everything.   :D

Ok, still have some coffee on the range staying warm, think I will take a little of that and some natural sugar in it and relax a bit before starting up dinner AFTER the sun goes down of course...... :mellow:

Stay cool everyone...............74 degrees and dry in the home....   

..............Gary

PS.  MKP, after 26 years in our building being a 'sweat shop', we finally went with 'in window' AC units for our shop...   Makes a nice place to work now in the heat of summer <_<   maybe next year for you ?? 

• Like 3

Hello again today guys / gals

For anyone interested, The Metrum Octave has settled in nicely, The burn in is very noticeable on this piece, anyone who is a skeptic can try one of these and would have to admit that at least some gear benefits from Burn in (I was a skeptic till headphones entered my listening)

I am finding the Metrum has no preferred material it performs equally well on all genre I throw its way, It does not seem to loose control on more complicated louder passages  ( The Havana seemed to loose focus and got a bit grainy)  Very balanced from top to bottom, no one Freq stands out. The analog quality of NOS dacs is certainly present now however does not have the faint veil the Havana had, not noticing any more detail other than texture / breath in the vocals

solid defined bass, nice extension on both ends, highs are kinda liquid not tizzy now at all, and QUIET I felt like thee Havana had a really quiet background The Metrum is better after a certain volume Tube Hiss would show its ugly head on Havana, No tubes here so no Hiss = quieter at any volume my ears can stand

Anyone sensitive to highs in digital sources or Drawn to Vinyl playback might want to investigate the NOS (Non Over Sampling) DAC type. At the used price this Metrum is hard / impossible  to beat IMHO

My only complaint is I found someone offering an Octave cheaper than I paid less than a week after receiving mine  :( .....................Good thing I feel like mine was a bargain, after selling the Havana and the spare tubes I had acquired I spent a whopping 25.00 to UPGRADE, I am almost Giddy  :D  Certainly the cheapest upgrade I have experienced

• Like 2

Happy anniversary Chuck!  Mesquite grilled ribeyes sound tasty.  Wish I was closer I would crash the party :wacko: but I know you love birds want to be alone :emotion-25:

As far as exciting post....that has never stopped me :)   I post about the following most every post.  LF, Jake, bike, yard work, martinis and occasionally coffee and cables. 

Christy and Elden.......where you is?

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

Heck, Baxter is here and I've got a buddy dropping by. Wish you did live closer! Baxter thinks Jake sounds like a nice guy he might play with  but would like to know his musical tastes first. . :D  Have a great rest of your Sunday.

• Like 4