Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

You mean you don't want to see that hot lil number from high school today?  Close your eyes and have a vision then open 'em and see how many times you blink.  It's ahhhmazing!  lololol  Wear the sarong.  That's allll you'd have to do.  :)  

😂😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/13/2023 at 2:29 PM, grasshopper said:

oh...

I'm getting posts [fb] about an upcoming class reunion...

.... and sharp dressed men things

they are so not ready for me....

not that I plan on attending....

Funny this topic has come up.....I got wind of a class reunion coming up...my 50th. I have been to none of the others but I thought yea what the hell I'm up for this one. May not be around for the next. Flying to DEEEEETROIT next month.

• Like 3

On 8/13/2023 at 4:35 PM, grasshopper said:

I'm with you... I didn't have a lot of friends... but, we stayed close. No need for a reunion

Got out of High School towards the end of the 10th grade (took 12th grade level test and passed, so got an ok.), so naturally no reunion invites.😉 Wouldn't have gone anyway. We're not very 'peoply' I guess. Married at 18 to my beautiful wife who I have known since we were 11 years old. 42 years coming up on August 22. Always worked full time since leaving school, beautiful kids, grand-babies and families.. So Blessed

[000617]d (2).jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, babadono said:

I got wind of a class reunion coming up...my 50th.

I got my notification as it was happening... my /our 50th, too

seeing pics of folks, I didn't know or remember, wearing nice duds...

When I met the new principal for the wife's school... wife described my dress as unconventional...LOL

they're prolly lucky I didn't show...

• Like 1

Lil more rain hit Duckburg last evening so things are looking greener.  Time to mow shortly so I can be the first in the hood!  Maybe the lil landscaper will show up w/the Kousa Dogwood tree for out back.  In another 20 years I might be able to hide from the neighbors.  😂

Thursday the 3-day Bratwurst Festival begins.  300k people walkin or stumbling for a mile, draggin lil kids by the hand, insane traffic coupled with all the traffic heading up to Lake Erie, daily parades, kids rides, beer gardens, bands, drunks, stoners.  All of that coupled with every state trooper in the district, deputy and the locals nailin 'em left and right.  Wonder where the checkpoint will be this year?  😂

Whatever shakes out I'm ready!  

May be an image of 1 person and hotdog

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had never made any h.s. reunions, but started hitting email for the 50th... something lse came up so we didn't go. Two years later they decided to have a 70th birthday party for those who didn't get to the 50th.

Chattanooga to Peoria in one day... wasn't too bad. There were 510 people in my class, I wasn't an athlete or outstanding student, nor a troublemaker. This means I was pretty invisible so only a few at the party even remembered me. They DID remember my dad who was one of the coaches and taught civics... and driver ed in the summer.

The class pres. was there and remembered me. He was always nice... His third cancer relapse happened the next year and he's gone. First night (friday) was at a local pizza place that was there when we were in school. Each bought their own food and drink. Saturday night was and a well known supper club, that the committee funded. Really had a nice time.

It was fun to chat with folks you may not have got along with, but at this point the cliques don't exist. About 10 to 15 have passed away in the past four years.

• Like 3

Class reunions are always bittersweet.  Only 176 in my class here and everyone had their own gaggle.  Somehow I got the entire class list dumped on me for our 25th and spent mega bucks and tons of hours FINDING almost everyone in out graduating class.  My phone bills were nuts but I got 'em.  I worked every angle w/the USPS to get addresses.  The USPS is better than the IRS if ya stop and think about it.  Ya GOTTA get your Xmas cards right? :)

THEN after I'd done the work and pulled it off ppl would notify me if they moved.  Easy peasy UNTIL a few of the fem "movers & shakers" decided THEY were gonna do it.  Ok cool here's the list.  Today about 15 of us get together somewhere for brunch about every other month while listening to the fems blowing about their latest trip to Europe.  

Bleh, it is what it is.  Gotta have that one though in EVERY class.  I tagged her w/the "grim reaper" handle.  She doesn't miss an obit.  It's like she thrives on posting them to our class site on FB then she's even kind enough to hit everyone's inbox w/an email on it.  lol

I'm STILL saving my money for the cruise to Tahiti one of 'em mentioned.  As if.  😂   😎

All's well in Duckburg 'til the festival begins tomorrow at high noon w/the Queen taking that cerimonial first bite of a bratwurst sammich to kick things off.   Three days of insanity.  Think I'll go mow the yard.  😂

• Haha 2

Day 1 of the good ole brat fest is in the books.  Brats are 7 a pop on the main drag along w/a 12oz cup of slimy fries for 10.  Naturally it poured rain about parade time and the temp started dropping.  "They're" calling for a low of 42 tonight, which is totally insane for this time of the year.  Then up into the 90's the first of the week.  Blah.  think I'll stay home and maybe slip down and grab something then run for the border.  Some of the local places are tons cheaper.  Brat and fries for10 bucks works for me.  :)

@wuzzzer you're such a tease w/that lefty.  It's coolness factor is off the charts.  I'd hurt myself!  😂

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Day 1 of the good ole brat fest is in the books.  Brats are 7 a pop on the main drag along w/a 12oz cup of slimy fries for 10.  Naturally it poured rain about parade time and the temp started dropping.  "They're" calling for a low of 42 tonight, which is totally insane for this time of the year.  Then up into the 90's the first of the week.  Blah.  think I'll stay home and maybe slip down and grab something then run for the border.  Some of the local places are tons cheaper.  Brat and fries for10 bucks works for me.  :)

@wuzzzer you're such a tease w/that lefty.  It's coolness factor is off the charts.  I'd hurt myself!  😂

I absolutely love it.  I’ve only ridden it on the streets since I picked it up last fall.  There’s some new bike trails in a park just outside of town where I live that I’ll be bringing it to soon.

• Like 2

well

nothing happening in my life that I want to burden you with...

the Discovery Channel is back in our area for a couple weeks.

Doing a Mine Rescue. There was mining here some years back... and I am aware of one that someone is trying to make go...  

funny thing. Last time they were here [Naked and Afraid] was a crappy summer, too. I saw Juan Ybarra's truck at the store. It's a monster service truck built on a Mack semi tractor. Saw the truck before someone on fb revealed they were here... Be interesting to see what drama they have concocted to make it more interesting

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Be interesting to see what drama they have concocted to make it more interesting

Ya got that right.  Seems like someone always has a vision for something.  Ya just go with it and wait.  Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.  lol  Just another day in paradise.

The festival is rollin here and it's always a fun watch.  People are nuts.  Street vendors are killing it w/those coming in on the way to Lake Erie for the weekend.  It's crazy down there. 

Word is they're cleaning up even with higher prices.  Seems as though people are accepting it for some insane reason.  Big bank downtown even stepped up their game this year offering beer in addition to their big stage and great groups they have coming in.  As if they aren't making money anyway. 

I'm sitting in here watching the Little League World Series.  An annual thing with me.  Beats the other garbage on TV.  Downtown?  Might slip down and grab a bite off the main drag later.  Maybe hit a few other guys I know playing this evening.  Just a guest appearance and not signing anything either.  Let 'em suffer!  😂

Another beautiful day in Duckburg.  Back to abby-normal tomorrow.   😂  💪  😎

• Like 2

I enjoy watching the LLWS.

We aren't getting the deluge from Hillary. Just as well. Would be interesting to see the desert where it did get. It will be green like not in 80 years

Just out of curiosity, A DefLeppard concert is on tv.... I wanted to see how they worked around the one-armed drummer. I imagine there is a bit of canned drumming going on... but still. Gotta give him credit.

• Like 3