Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

22 hours ago, grasshopper said:

regular coffee --

In Boston "regular" is not as opposed to decaf... 

I was asked if I wanted regular.

Yes

What I got ... cream and sugar in my coffee.

I only use that stuff when the coffee is nasty

Here in Canada, a "double-double" coffee comes with two cream and two sugars.  Maybe we needed the extra energy for the cold nights, before cars and trucks had good heaters.  It used to be my go-to drink when driving at night and starting to feel drowsy (maybe the sugar woke me up more than the caffeine), but I haven't ordered a double-double in decades.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Marvel said:

As I recall, he finally moved to California, so he's definitely out of my life.

As Oprah Winfrey once said, "When you get checked into hospital for anything, the first thing you should do is check if there's anyone else on your floor with the same name as you."  Almost forgot the rest:  "...and if there is, ask to be transferred to another floor."  That's probably easier to do if you're Oprah, but worth a try.

Tragedies have happened because of mixups around names.  I've noticed that nurses now ask your birthday as well as your name.  Lesson learned, I hope.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, grasshopper said:

what bugs me to no end...why do they make electric clocks that tick-tock? 

How about digital cameras with silent electronic shutters, like on phones, that have an optional mechanical shutter sound?  BTW, in Japan that sound can't be turned off, to hopefully discourage upskirt shooters, or at least let the woman know a picture has been taken.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Invidiosulus  yea, just looks terrible.  😂  Doin some leftover burgers from the grill last evening.  Blah, guess I'm outta ketchup so opted for a tomato.  Lil cottage cheese then I'll jump on the mower and knock the yard out.  Threw down a lil Molly Tuttle this morning followed up by some Dave Alvin.  Helped the coffee out a bit.  :)  Afterall, it's funny Monday!  😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@Invidiosulus  yea, just looks terrible.  😂  Doin some leftover burgers from the grill last evening.  Blah, guess I'm outta ketchup so opted for a tomato.  Lil cottage cheese then I'll jump on the mower and knock the yard out.  Threw down a lil Molly Tuttle this morning followed up by some Dave Alvin.  Helped the coffee out a bit.  :)  Afterall, it's funny Monday!  😂

Jealous .. Just crap to eat until I get to shop a bit. 🙄

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

I made breakfast for lunch and sat outside since the weather was a little cooler today.

IMG_1266.thumb.jpeg.fd64a9ff1b158474c7702a7f82d21b95.jpeg

English muffins?

I remember Amy's boyfriend came over from England and had never seen such a thing.

• Haha 4

another day in da hood.

I'm getting around better. I still need to "stage" before I stand up 

one nice "side effect" of the painkillers ... I have slept good. Wake up rested . Sore, but, rested

I'm done with chores. The garden doesn't care that my back is toast. 

The red blinking light on the coffee maker has been... Getting tired of seeing it. So, I gave in and flushed some vinegar through it.

• Like 2

Rough day here in Duckburg.  I'll take sunny and 71 @ noon any day of the week.  Sure has been nice for sleeping so I've been working on my bed sores.  😂  Heading back up into the mid-80's for the weekend.

Glad to hear you're on the mend @grasshopper just take it easy.  Back stuff is crazy.  Sent my camera gear to the youngest and she's driving me nuts.  Hooked her up w/a Nikon Pro in Phoenix for the bsics and she loves the guy.  Thing is, she's now trying to learn by using youtube videos made by morons blowing.  Sunday nite I got a text.  "My girlfriend and I got the camera clicking."  Clicking?  What film did you use?  Some from your bag, which is 20 years old I'm sure.  Did you put your finger thru the shutter loading it?  "What's a shutter?"  Two hours a nite TEXTING her so far.  Few replies back so I have NO idea what she's doing on the other end.  Guess she's comparing my input w/the youtubers.  Gonna be the death of me yet.

Hope the crew in FA is hunkered down.  Gonna get wild that way.

Coffee's ready and I'm on it!    :) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Rough day here in Duckburg.  I'll take sunny and 71 @ noon any day of the week.  Sure has been nice for sleeping so I've been working on my bed sores.  😂  Heading back up into the mid-80's for the weekend.

Glad to hear you're on the mend @grasshopper just take it easy.  Back stuff is crazy.  Sent my camera gear to the youngest and she's driving me nuts.  Hooked her up w/a Nikon Pro in Phoenix for the bsics and she loves the guy.  Thing is, she's now trying to learn by using youtube videos made by morons blowing.  Sunday nite I got a text.  "My girlfriend and I got the camera clicking."  Clicking?  What film did you use?  Some from your bag, which is 20 years old I'm sure.  Did you put your finger thru the shutter loading it?  "What's a shutter?"  Two hours a nite TEXTING her so far.  Few replies back so I have NO idea what she's doing on the other end.  Guess she's comparing my input w/the youtubers.  Gonna be the death of me yet.

Hope the crew in FA is hunkered down.  Gonna get wild that way.

Coffee's ready and I'm on it!    :) 

I learned to shoot film on the Pentax spotmatic that @Marvel and my mom had.

After high school I went to a private art school for a couple years.

I was in the graphic design program but we shared studio and classroom space with the photography students.

My girlfriend was one of the photography students and we ended up spending a lot of time making prints in the darkroom during the open lab times.

It was really great to have access to as much film and paper as we wanted.

None of the other students seemed to get it and would only show up for the required class time.

By the end of the year the GF was able to consistently knock out some pretty amazing prints.

I think the first automatic camera I used was when @colterphoto1 lent me his Nikon N8008s back around 2010.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

I learned to shoot film on the Pentax spotmatic that @Marvel and my mom had.

Your mom took a film class at the junior college when we were still in Peoria. She got her own Pentax while working at the USPO. She took in all these b&w prints and people thought she was crazy... "Why aren't you taking color pictures?" They didn't get it. It's possible I still have the 16mm short she made. Might be hard to find a projector close by. Needless to say, she got the highest grade in the class.

• Like 2