Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

still windy. That would be the only reason to close the doors. Temp is perfect...85`

we have lots of leftovers. Wife's family came here after the funeral ... so, I cooked. A double batch of spaghetti [sauce] and baked bread. Wife suggested not cooking pasta until we see/saw how many were going to eat. If I had cooked the pasta, they might have eaten... note the words "might have"... As it was - nobody ate spaghetti. The bread went away. I made for us and we have a half gallon of sauce in the freezer ... Awwwww.

we're decompressing.

Wife has school work now ... quarterlies ... er... grade cards coming.

• Like 2

@grasshopper let that freezer do it's job you'll polish it off in no time.  You're wife will be back to the grind in no time and you can crank it up.  Just don't touch her piles of stuff laying around while she's rollin.  How do they do that anyway?  They know exactly where and what's in every pile when it comes time for grade cards.  😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

@grasshopper let that freezer do it's job you'll polish it off in no time.  You're wife will be back to the grind in no time and you can crank it up.  Just don't touch her piles of stuff laying around while she's rollin.  How do they do that anyway?  They know exactly where and what's in every pile when it comes time for grade cards.  😂

yeah ... I know all about the piles of "organized papers". When we had kittens, they would dive into them and make wife so happy.

She sets little goals and gets to say "I'm done" ... with this phase... and then has another pile to go through

• Haha 1

Nuttin like a 40 degree swing in the weather.  Sheesh.  80 today and 85 tomorrow here then the dive down into the 60's for a reality check.  Won't be long til it starts dropping for the long haul once again.

One of my neighbors hit me with the fact they found some intestinal cancer this spring and removed 3' of his bowel.  Hadn't seen him in the hood much lately so sent him a text and asked what was going on.  Inoperable colon cancer is everywhere now but not attached to any organs.  NOT what I expected to hear at all from a life-long friend.

Told him I'd take care of his leaves and the mowing this fall and to just relax.  Gonna be rough losing a pillar of Duckburg I've known for prolly 60 years.   Business man, realtor, former Mayor and just an all around good guy.  Life's getting wild for sure anymore.   :)

• Sad 2

Southeastern is the fourth studio album by American singer-songwriter Jason Isbell, released on June 11, 2013 on Southeastern Records. Initially set to be produced by Isbell's friend and touring companion Ryan Adams, the album was recorded following a stint in rehab, with Isbell noting, "This time I want to remember it all.

image.png

This is a 10th Anniversary drop so it's been out there a while.  Laced with a lil bit of everything it's one that will grab ya and pull ya deeper into it.  Nice and tight for ya!  

:)

• Like 2