Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

The Stagg Jr #16 will get opened soon! Know it's hot like I don't usually have... but it's that or the 12 year Weller's!

Underwriters are waiting on figures from the title company so it's a done deal. Had to borrow about a third of the cost... So I did pretty darned good since everything has more than doubled in the past 2 years!

Got to set a lot of things up in the near future. Plugged my PC in for 5 minutes when I was last at my storage bin. It had been almost 6 months. The SSDs were supposed to keep the data for a year but I didn't want to push it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It´s snowing here , the forecast told us allready to be prepared for a cold wheather period. Today I took care of my audio gear in view to place my RF7 Evo´s correctly, didn´t cared about yet , but today I had the wish to get it done. I redesigned the audio rig as well and changed some of the components w/in the rig . AND THAN ..you won´t believe me ....I recorded a tape with music from my tt , can´t remember when I did that the last time ....maybe more than a decade ago , it was fun , gonna listen to that tape tomorrow. It midnight here ..going to sleep now ...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

It´s snowing here , the forecast told us allready to be prepared for a cold wheather period. Today I took care of my audio gear in view to place my RF7 Evo´s correctly, didn´t cared about yet , but today I had the wish to get it done. I redesigned the audio rig as well and changed some of the components w/in the rig . AND THAN ..you won´t believe me ....I recorded a tape with music from my tt , can´t remember when I did that the last time ....maybe more than a decade ago , it was fun , gonna listen to that tape tomorrow. It midnight here ..going to sleep now ...

Screenshot_20231127_213818_AccuWeather.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

our weather is nice for the moment

wet and cold predicted . 50`f highs...

The wood we bought is almost too big to build a good fire in our stove .... so, I burned off some energy splitting wood. Mano y mano ... splitting wedges and [my  favorite tool] a big hammer.

a little bit of "Old Folk's Boogie"

"... with the right medication, won't be lazy"

• Like 4

3:30 PM and it's a balmy 23 here.  Fired up the electric blankie last nite and went a full six rounds until I game up.  It won and I wound up pulling about half of it back up on the bed when I rolled out at 11:15.  I have zero clues as to how many times I woke up in a strangle hold.  Toss in a couple dreams and my night was complete.  Don't even know what those were about anymore.  😂

• Like 2

It's just cold where I am. Yesterday. 40 was the high and it was like after midnight and went down to the 20s today it got into the 30s. It's below freezing and not dark yet. 

After dark it's going to be in the 20s until the sun comes up so I'm glad I got lots of wool.

• Like 4

Snowed here the whole night through , it´s still dark at 5 .50 am but looks nice outside , the moon´s light is reflected on the white landscape . Good that I don´t have to use my car today , it will be a traffic chaos here . Have a further

appointment with my lawyer at 11.30 am. I can walk to him as his office is near by, maybe a 15 minutes walk. Like every morning I´m drinking a green sencha tea right now, coffee not before 10 am. So let´s see what´s going on today .......

• Like 5

6 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Snowed here the whole night through , it´s still dark at 5 .50 am but looks nice outside , the moon´s light is reflected on the white landscape . Good that I don´t have to use my car today , it will be a traffic chaos here

you think chaos ...

you should see it ,here, when we get snow. Folks don't seem to know that snow/ice is slippery

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

you think chaos ...

you should see it ,here, when we get snow. Folks don't seem to know that snow/ice is slippery

I was in Abilene Texas one time It snowed 3" or so ...Common thought was that if you locked up the wheels, they would dig down to Pavement. 😀😀😀😀😀😀

Being a NYer .

I was doing donuts 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Don't ask why I'm up and in here @ 8AM.  I'm clueless.  :)

City boys just drove up out front w/the vac truck.  Maybe they did me a solid but it's doubtful.  They've got the guy across the street figured out and just laff when I'm out and they're in the hood.  

Sittin here waiting on my Dope From Hope books.  Read where one of the guys said the return addy was "Dope From Hope" on the box.  So I went out of the box over thinking it.  New girl on the mail route, my old carrier who knows I'm bat sheet crazy wouldn't think a thing about it but her?  Could be another chapter in my "Duckburg" book.  "Postal Inspectors, Federal Marshall's, County Sheriff and local law enforcement officials raid  home in drug related search."  Sound about right?

@the real Duke Spinner  I took my girls out one winter and started making donuts in a big parking lot. At first they didn't get it then they did and we had a blast.  Naturally they told mom and I got chewed out about it.  As if...  So we went out and made some more the next time it snowed.  😂

• Like 3

12 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I was working at a factory on a little hill. There was about 4 inches of snow on the ground when they called it a day. Oh ... did I mention there was a stop sign at the bottom of the hill?

Been there before... more than once, even.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3