Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

The snow is gone , so pity , now it´s cold, wet and misty again,  34 F , no real daylight , no sunny period ...all we see is grey , not so nice . But I´m in a good mood , had a meeting with my lawyer yesterday , things will get difficult but we´re working on a mutual based solution for both parties.  This is important in the interest of my children, they should have as little damage as possible under the divorce.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rain most of the day here in Duckburg but the temps are in the mid 40's, which is better than the beginning of the week.  It is what it is I guess.

Oldest stopped in and put a handy dandy new seal on the French doors today.  Guess my days of box tape are over.  We'll see how this unfolds but they're made by 3-M and she found the stuff on Amazon.  2 rolls for $6 and it took almost all of both rolls.  A semi-thick 3" piece of plastic w/about an inch of the side taped.  She said you can supposedly open and close the doors w/o the seal breaking or loosening.  No need to open them in the winter anyway so we'll see how it shakes out.  Wonder where she gets that craftiness from?  lol  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Football overload today!  lol  Carry on!  Nothing else to report.  Wait, leftover pizza kinda maybe at midnight.  Eh, I'll save it for breakfast.  :)

Well Dave , ...better than nothing or ? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sittin in the kitchen and have some bread rolls in the stove for breakfast . Dry coldness outside 23 F only , but no clouds .

Consider to do a walk to our ruhr river after breakfast as it´s sunny outside ,  this evening  I'm making duck breast with cranberries, red cabbage and dumplings in orange sauce...gonna see what happens next today ..no idea so far

• Like 3

That sounds delicious @MicroMara ! And yeah cold pizza & cold fried chicken were two of the best foods for breakfast that I discovered as a teenager!

That was until I got hooked on coffee!!

We've had almost warm night times the past two nights. Mid 40s. It's going to get nippy again tonight and colder for the next couple days and that'll be perfect if the stars align and I can empty all my stuff into the house Tuesday.

PXL-20231203-121857413.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

It's going to get nippy again tonight and colder for the next couple days and that'll be perfect if the stars align and I can empty all my stuff into the house Tuesday.

Why would you want that?  That lil nest of your's looks quite cozy and comfy.  :)

I opened my big yap so now have the oldest and her gaggle meeting me for lunch @ 1.  Six warm bodies to feed but the kids like the smorgasboard so whatever works.  As if.  

Save The Neck For Me Cousin Eddie GIF - Save The Neck For Me Cousin Eddie Christmas Vacation GIFs    :)

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Checked out a local 60’s cover band at the brewery/theater over in Mars Hill Friday evening.

IMG_1963.jpeg.e656f36147462eb65536c206f0f35eb7.jpeg

IMG_1964.jpeg.49e9df288961e699d6ace5e549ee4830.jpeg

The first thing I said when I walked in was “not enough PA”.

As soon as the band started playing it was confirmed, the vocals and guitar were getting buried in most of the mix.

Yesterday we went caroling downtown with folks from our parish and the rain held off until we were done.

That was nice.

IMG_1976.thumb.jpeg.3e73bde7be929d9e638e5fc714625d73.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That is really nice that y'all still go caroling. I can recall that from my childhood vividly @Invidiosulus!

Whatchu talkin' bout DJ?? Guess you couldn't see my weekend bag that holds my clothes topped with three different blankets, one of which is that thick cotton beach towel that you barely see the top of in the passenger seat.

1. On those couple of cold nights (low 20s then teens) I woke and had to run the heat a little bit with you-know-who's price of gasoline the way it is now that's not financially efficient! And a little hint for you. It's the current sitting a hole, not the former that did that!

2. When I got my painting tools that's in one of those yellow topped containers. I also got canned goods, my coffee pot, and my coffee grinder. Got the celebratory bourbon in that box you see behind my bedding and another box for the regular stuff. Then I just filled the rest of the vehicle with what I could make fit...

3. I can only fit in the driver's seat now and I can't move it unless I go forward some to be able to lower the back.

4. I want to use my vehicle like I used to, and normal people do.

Sketching out budget plans for knowns and unknowns now, going to get busy again tomorrow!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Sketching out budget plans for knowns and unknowns now, going to get busy again tomorrow!

Just git er done then go back to drawing nekkie stick wimmen instead of budgeting for knowns and unknowns.  Ya got coffee, blankies, electric and a roof over your head.  Chill and mull it over before ya just jump and stress out even more.  Then ya can start with the work and play beat the clock w/the move.  You'll survive.

House looks great @Tarheel.  You hold the ladder for the LF to hang the lights?  Wishin ya both a Merry Christmas now but you'll be back in prior to I'm sure.  How's that hot tub I sent ya last year workin for ya?   😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Glad that's done!

IMG_0648.jpg

Mine are done, too. Put them up 2 years ago. Never took them down. Just strings of lights in the trees. They are on every night ... all night.

The cold wet passed. A couple days of sub 60 highs. Mid 70's this coming week.

I've been splitting wood .. again, still. poco poco. Work a little. Rest a lot. The knots don't make it any easier. The wood is starting to check. That helps a little.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I woke and had to run the heat a little bit with you-know-who's price of gasoline the way it is now that's not financially efficient! And a little hint for you. It's the current sitting a hole, not the former that did that!

We can't really get into this here, but our regular has been  about $2.47 per gallon. I'm fine with that.

• Like 3