Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

21 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I have been pleased with these LEDs. This is the 3rd year of [pretty much] continuous service

I'm running regular bulbs here and it take 5 60w.  Looked at Kroger today just for an idea on price and a 4 pack of Phillips was 18.99 while the same thing in LED's was 11.99.  Eh, got 3 left so I'm good.  lol  :)

• Like 1

Are any of y'all realtors? I found out something today. Apparently the similar to a VPN network that all the titling agencies in the continental USA use was down for a period of time last week.

So that might be true. It could have been a whole bunch of smoke, I'm not sure. I still might close tomorrow, but my 10:00 a.m. appointment is called off because something from the seller side didn't get there in time.

So I'm wheelin' and dealin' I told my new neighbor lady after she told me what she likes to do for folks around there that don't have a woman to cook for them. She makes chicken and dumplings, I told her I trade her a pan of cornbread for a couple bowls. We didn't shake on it but it was eye to eye contact and we both nodded so that's kind of like a gentleman's agreement! Heard tell of live bluegrass to be heard around in two different places. And that I might have to find out about too, it's been a long time!

• Like 4

Somewhere I have an opener for this beer:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griesedieck_Brothers_beer

My paternal grandfather drank Schlitz beer, from a can... he would put salt around the rim. He worked in a maintenance shop for the Illinois Central Railroad. When they closed the shop in the small town where they lived, he drove about 30 miles up the Champaign-Urbana five days a week until he retired. In those days, that was considered a long way. Now, people drive the distance and greater every day.

When my family moved up to Peoria, we first lived in Peoria Heights. My grade school was across the street from a Pabst Brewery. Bad beer followed me through my youth...

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Marvel said:

My paternal grandfather drank Schlitz beer, from a can..

Not good but still better than Falstaff, and this is from someone who drank Schaefer at one time. But back then it was like $6-$7 a case which made it easier.

• Like 3

https://www.kold.com/2023/12/05/exclusive-war-between-drug-cartels-forcing-residents-mexican-border-town-flee-into-arizona/?fbclid=IwAR2nBQc

this is what I haven't been talking about. Pretty scary.

This is NOT a political statement of any sort. Just what is happening ... and the story "sugar coats" the situation.

time to grind some beans...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I was president of a softball league (the Bar League) in the 80's and our league was sponsored by a beer distributor.  Since he gave us money I tried to drink his products at our games.  The problem?  He sold Old English 800, Weidemann, and Pabst.🤮

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I was president of a softball league (the Bar League) in the 80's and our league was sponsored by a beer distributor.  Since he gave us money I tried to drink his products at our games.  The problem?  He sold Old English 800, Weidemann, and Pabst.🤮

the operative word ...tried

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Samigh1943 said:

If you're not grinding beans yourself, maybe give it a shot. It can make a difference. Also, check out local roasters for beans under $10 a pound. They might have some great options. Upgrading from Keurig to a drip coffee maker could also level up your coffee game.

You can grind your own beans and use your Keurig. Refillable Keurig pods are available

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

O.E. baby!! Boy, that brings back some memories. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, nickyboy6100 said:

O.E. baby!! Boy, that brings back some memories. 

Sort of but slightly blurry memories, we were not sponsored by a beer distributor but was supporting them on our own. Mixed league and men's league plus a company work league, all included beer.

And to think I do not drink beer anymore, or much of anything, well 90% of the time anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5