Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I had some coffee this afternoon. It was weird to have 20 ounces of coffee fill two 16 oz mugs. Well it's because I spiked 'em with fresh eggnog and what it's normally spiked with. That calmed me down for a couple hours because I was irate with the extraordinary things going on trying to close on my new place. That is not me labeling them extraordinary. That's the pros that I'm working with. So I'm riding into town tomorrow and believe it's going to happen from what I was told late today! Then I can plan this little bitty den around my Forte IIIs plus one or two good subs.

Thank you brother Dave for your opinions, they're quite good sometimes!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Then I can plan this little bitty den around my Forte IIIs plus one or two good subs.

Have fun with them , sure your living room is big enough to be changed into a soundwaves high pressure compression chamber  🤣

Because my listening room isn´t that big as the old one I had to rethink about my RF7 Evos , 4 active parallel switched 10" woofer were to much , the mids , hights and brilliance weren´t that clear as before because of too much bassvolume, I made an experiment with 2 active 10" and 2 passive 10" ( they only resonate in the low frequency level due to the air mass flow of the active 10" ) and I closed the above rear fire port and kept the second open.

Man I can tell you , now the bassvolume is under control , very cleanly staggered and the above soundstage is as good as it was in my old bigger listening room , sometimes.....less is more   😁

Will be a long day for me , at 9.am , so in 2 hours and 18 minutes , I´m driving to the german north sea beaches with my car for eating some fresh fish there 😂I´m not kidding ....will be a three and a half hour drive and I will be guided by two female friends ....we´ll  return late evinging ..sure it will be a nice day , will take some pics as will and gonna show you tomorrow

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

that's all????

I searched 6 months. Bought mine. Had to wait 6 more months to make a cross-country trip to pick them up and drive them home. 

I remember that.  The thin man w/a half inch to spare in that drivers seat.  lol  Ya made it though and I'm sure your's are as happy as mine.  :)

• Like 2

I´m back @home since half an hour , it´s 10 10 .pm here , the weather at the german north sea beaches wasn´t that good , 39 F and strong rough winds, was rainig the hole time during the ride, so it took close to 4 hours till we arrived in the city called NORDEN ( North ) 

We made a city sightseeing first and saw beautiful old buildings from the middle ages in the city centre

Haus1.thumb.jpg.241ca030312340efcc748e9cf04e775d.jpg

Haus2.thumb.jpg.f46ccff30da3b24703dfc8dca68e5645.jpg

than we discovered a nice looking restaurant , we went in and had lunch together , it was excellent in quality,service and price

Pizza.thumb.jpg.89c4af568b28857edab407bb2edeba84.jpg

than we drove to the beaches , it was low tide

Beach.thumb.jpg.c1f36e54b9ae6da4cf6b135793688fd8.jpg

beach1.thumb.jpg.338eda877cc23af8db98e30698efc87a.jpg

beach2.thumb.jpg.ebff9782a56693132809bf17fff261fd.jpg

beach3.thumb.jpg.eacdf56c249ac53e25e478ad1fb306bf.jpg

finally we ate some fresh fish from the north sea and I took some back home

Fischbude.thumb.jpg.0f7aa6ffdc5e303466106a885bc012be.jpg

We left at approx 4.30 pm and arrived at 9. 30 pm back in our hometown , the ride back was a trip trough rain and darkness, it was a quiet exhausting way back home ...I´m tired now ....see you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the shots from your day trip today George.

My den? 11' 3" wide over there, 23' deep to the kitchen window on the other side. Not ideal, might go catecornered to the dinette section? Will not know until I experiment...

PXL-20231213-223535480.jpg

Think the mirrors were glued with liquid nails, it is that brown color.

& the other direction

PXL-20231213-223554987.jpg

Finally closed today!!

HO HO HO!! Early and Best Christmas since I was a kid!

So I'm at home for the first time since June 2021!!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Best thing I've heard all day!  Congrats on finally having a place to call home.

Thank you Bruce, got some new appliances coming in before the end of the year. Going to remove that grayish colored floor in the combo kitchen, dinette, foyer, hallway room before the new stuff gets here. Try to match the golden oak color in the den!

• Like 4

Glad you're finally into the new home.  It all finally came together!  Now the work begins and it ain't gonna be simple to pull off but you'll get 'er done!  The neighbors will be glad to have you I'm sure.  It's always good to be able to neighbor with those close by.  You'll have 'em sangin just like they do around here.  Anything beats sleepin in the brick.  lol

Here kitty, kitty...  Daddy's home now.  😂  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Thank you Bruce, got some new appliances coming in before the end of the year. Going to remove that grayish colored floor in the combo kitchen, dinette, foyer, hallway room before the new stuff gets here. Try to match the golden oak color in the den!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

@MicroMara

I take that you didn't go swimming [though I have seen some tourists in a pool with the weather in the low 60's]. We watched while wearing our coats ... 60` is cold for us desert rats.

@JohnJ

your den, 12 ft X 12, is about the size of my doghouse. The bass, even with the R15M's, was strong. If you take the 23 foot  and set up the room as 12 X 23 .exactly the opposite. You will have fun setting up the audio.

• Like 2

Here goes:

Dave? No kitties allowed here.

Mike? I tried pale blues on ceilings before, complete with faux clouds, but nah, not the black!

Willie, yes I believe I'll even have to do the subcrawl around here. Heck with the small space I might play with the rig for the computer and try running the Forte's and the subs with my little tube separates now that it would be a couple months of experimentation and fun!

I've been vacuuming ceilings, walls and baseboards today and I'm tired of it so I'll quit. Took better pictures of the flooring along with the tape that shows the pieces are six and a half inches wide. It's backwards but I'll be okay. I think I need to get the floor straightened out before Wednesday when the appliance is get here!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi @MicroMara with the big passive radiator on the back of the f3s, I'm not sure about that. Plus where you have them is where I was thinking of putting my sofa facing the short wall. I will get to experiment when I get my stuff here. Until then, I'm getting paint tomorrow starting on that and trying some other places for flooring besides the blue and the orange big box stores.

I can tell you all. It is such a joy to eat different stuff again without having to pay through the nose.

My first bowl was bigger than this and did not have hot sauce in it. Shrimp Grits... Very nice with leftover coffee nog

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Here goes:

Dave? No kitties allowed here.

Mike? I tried pale blues on ceilings before, complete with faux clouds, but nah, not the black!

Willie, yes I believe I'll even have to do the subcrawl around here. Heck with the small space I might play with the rig for the computer and try running the Forte's and the subs with my little tube separates now that it would be a couple months of experimentation and fun!

I've been vacuuming ceilings, walls and baseboards today and I'm tired of it so I'll quit. Took better pictures of the flooring along with the tape that shows the pieces are six and a half inches wide. It's backwards but I'll be okay. I think I need to get the floor straightened out before Wednesday when the appliance is get here!

This solves a lot of problems and serves well for acoustics 

Screenshot_20231214_181729_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2