Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

We had some 60s to 70s last week, but were cooling down again now. Still got the heat on 55 and it hasn't run in a week or so.

Not complaining, but I love that little Vornado heater I bought [(another thing I have in storage that my evil relative won't let me get)<complaint logged with God] on low with it set to 3 of 10 keeps my bedroom closer to 60 at night. Works with the layers of old blankets I have and the newer wool one on top. Got one fuzzy, then a knitted, then the good wool one with a weighted bedspread on top. Sleep like a baby unless I have fresh onions after 6 pm. Kept my power bill almost the same even running the washer and dryer on the weekend. And we had that cold spell during this last bill!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Works with the layers of old blankets I have

That list of blankets on you at night is impressive.  Kinda makes you sound like a crotchety old mule that's always cold at night.  One more is never enough!  😂  😂  😂

Sunny and bright here in Duckburg.  Not much heat yet but the sun is nice.

Youngest daughter and some friends rented a "studio" yesterday to play with their camera's so Dad got lucky & got a few pics.  I saw this one and knew I'd been had.  Where she found it here I'll never know.  She captioned it. "Dad, you really were a rockstar!  Call you tomorrow Valentine cause I have questions."  I can neither confirm or deny I was mentioned somewhere cause I don't remember!  20th Anniversary edition and it's the only one I had?  I'm screwed.  😂

image.png

Yes @Invidiosulus, she does have a dog, which is great.  You don't wanna know about the down side and how she'd finish you off.  😂💪😂

• Haha 3

I’ve been busy with work lately.

We are moving our office down in AVL and I’ve also had to make some trips down to our Sylva office.

on the audio front I’ve been tweaking my DSP settings on the LSLO (LaScala Like Objects).

IMG_2339.png.5bb1f1789477b3d4a9738b0147eb8a66.png

Still some obvious work to do on the phase response but it’s sounding better than ever as I get the phase and frequency response leveled out.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Whew ... survived that winter weather.

Sunny and warm is agreeable with me. They thought we might get a little rain next week ... took it off the forecast. Replaced with 75 - 80`. I can suffer that.

Oops ... lit the wrong cigarette. Long story short. I am having to use non-cigarette papers for tobacco., Not as bad as it could be.  I was expecting tobacco.

Back from my morning drive. Having some coffee and a smoke. Waiting for it to warm up before I venture out. 

/// so, I'm watching The Clearwater softball tournament. Some fun stuff. Just saw a wild pitch with bases loaded result in a rundown of the 2nd base runner and no score. LOL

Was noticing that it is javelina season. How do I know this? I saw a sign directing contestants/combatants to a women's javelina hunting camp.... Which brought up some questions about what women do in such a situation.  Do they behave like men and sit around the fire, drink beer and tell stories??? and about what

• Haha 3

45 yesterday in Duckburg.  Calling for 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow.  Sounds about right.  That big ole blower is gonna stay in the garage cause it'll melt. lol

Getting ready to work on the coffee pot.  Should be interesting after watching a few youtube videos.  lol  I brew a pot and it's fine THEN the clean light comes on so I clean it.  Brew a pot and the clean light comes back on so I repeat.  Gonna call Cuisinart first for ideas then implement the battle plan!  Withdrawals suck!

This too shall pass...  Maybe.  :)

• Like 1

Oh ....

Thursday afternoon I stopped for another motorcycle that got dropped. This one didn't fair as well as the first. Disintegrated trunk and fairing. On my way back ... 2 motorcycles and a pickup truck ... with the crashed one in the back. 

It was dumped on a straight stretch... Either going too fast and/or mobile obstacles... cows and deer are grazing the shoulders where the dead weeds have been mowed and new growth poking up. The speed limit is 35mph and it's easy to go faster than is safe... winding road with plenty of blind turns. A fun road w/o the cattle and deer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 2/16/2024 at 12:19 PM, Dave1291 said:

45 yesterday in Duckburg.  Calling for 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow.  Sounds about right.  That big ole blower is gonna stay in the garage cause it'll melt. lol

Getting ready to work on the coffee pot.  Should be interesting after watching a few youtube videos.  lol  I brew a pot and it's fine THEN the clean light comes on so I clean it.  Brew a pot and the clean light comes back on so I repeat.  Gonna call Cuisinart first for ideas then implement the battle plan!  Withdrawals suck!

This too shall pass...  Maybe.  :)

I have a Cuisinart machine, also. This is the 2nd one. First one I got at a resale [or maybe it was the dump lol]...

I wonder about the clean me light. Is it set to come on after a number of cycles or ???? Mine's blinking at me. I need to get some vinegar. In the meanwhile ... it still makes coffee. I take yours has cut you off?

I've been sipping this Pendleton Whisky for a while now. It is smooth. But when does smooth move into blah? I have a little Woodford Reserve, still... it was some zip, aside from 5% more alcohol

I'm going to hell ... two on-topic comments in one post

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

take yours has cut you off?

I gave uo on mine.  Cleaned it again yesterday after eyeballingreservoir  a few more youtube videos.  If ya go nosin you'll see what I mean.  Ppl are showing grounds in the hot water arm that's in the brewer lid.  It just supplies hot water so I'm shaking my head.  How'd they get in there?  The only way would be thru the fresh water system that goes thru the heating element.  Then it's up, out the arm w/the sprayer nozzle on it.  How it ends up in a flat arm there I dunno.  Should it turn on the clean light?  Seriously?  Makes no sense.

Maybe the arm is full or something.  The back up of the flow might trigger the clean cycle light.  Saw one viedo where the guy broke his and trashed it trying to remove the arm.  Said it was glued.  Another guy said they were just tight coming apart.  Be a cold day before I break a 200$ coffee pot.l Nope, not blowing/sucking it either.  Don't even go there boys cause I ain't bitin!  :)

Run 'er til she quits cause if that arm up there is full of grounds that vinegar isn't gonna touch it.  lol  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I clean my pipes using hot water and hydraulic pressure. A piece of pliable rubber tubing to the faucet ... maybe that will work ... or not

Grounds can get in by spillage into the reservoir and eventually passed the filter. I see astuff collecting on the "spray head". Maybe it get drawn back in?

Me and 5 gallon buckets of stuff. 

back when I was a kid, 5 gallons of mortar dragged me across/down expanded metal. Not too long ago, I was hauling roof coating up a ladder and I cut myself on the very safety device that was to prevent such things. Thursday, I had 2] 5 gallon buckets of compost. Set one down and I shifted to balance ... right into a piece of metal. 3 inch cut. I should have gone to the clinic for some stitches ... they don't take walk-ins ... I think they might have made an exception for a trail of blood. Didn't have time for all that. Cleaned and dressed it myself, then drove to Sasabe. The clinic was closed when we got home ... It's gonna leave a scar. Meh

• Like 3

Yea, I get all of that.  I just don't recall ever having anything get in the reservoir.  Clueless.

Yea, ya better get smaller buckets before ya really hurt yourself.  Cuts like that suck.  Too big to superglue.  :)  

Sittin here watchin college hockey.  Some dude just got levelled and somehow got up from it.  No foul.  He flat got smoked.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

So I feel like I'm in that groundhog movie. Spent yesterday in a clinic and got some weak pain RX for the 5x6 mm kidney stone on my left side. That one is the record for me. At the hospital in Roanoke today and apparently they are not going to go in and get it with the cystoscope. So at least I've got good pain stuff today... Looks like I'm in for the night here too.  Gotta run the young doc is coming back.

• Sad 4