Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

13 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Wow we had a sunny afternoon yesterday , the first bright light since more than 2 month , I went out for a 3 hours walk in the sunshine. We shall get a long sunny periode now , but temps below 40 F .

I ´m leaving for the rehab today, my train departs at 7.45 am , so in two hours . A gal friend will pick me up at 7.am with her car and we´ll drive to the train station.  I´ll be back march 20th. Will be online during my residence in the clinc .

Screenshot_20240228_132714_AccuWeather.jpg

• Sad 5

65 here in Duckburg yesterday!  Today?  Not so much.  35 outside now.  lol  Typical for spring around here.  Calling for 60's and up on the wkend.    Broke the grill out and toasted some bratwurst.  Leftover's today!  :)   Mr Mudd that forecast is just plain nasty!

Gave up on fertilizing the yard this year.  New pull behind spreader fell apart last spring so I ordered a simple lil replacement part that cost me $15.  The lil trap door from the bin to the spreader wheel.  Cake, right?  Wrong.  Now the thing throws the spread into the cub cadet instead of the yard.  Bleh, called Tru-Green and they showed yesterday.  Dude walked it spreading granular, done in 10 minutes and was crawling in the pickup.  I got the special for 60, then checked what he put on.  19 parts nitrogen and nothing else?   Time for a new spreader I think.  Back in two weeks for the fert and pre-emergence @ 115?    Can't wait to see what the content mix is for this one.  I knew they had it figured out but seriously?  End of rant and time to make more coffee..  :)

@MicroMara  get on that rehab and hope all goes well for ya.  Bad backs are nasty.  We'll throw down some tunes for ya over in the youtube thread.  Get to work and no cheating!   Leave the females alone too.  None of that feely, touchy, gropy stuff from another old man.  :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@grasshopper  did ya have a breakfast pie this morning from the gas station?  lol  I think I could count on one hand the number of times I've ever eaten a sammich from a gas station cooler.  Scares me...  lol

Yea, it's spring.  Everyone has one.  Just like everyone has a black velor picture of Elvis hangin in their listening room.  lol  Was always a hoot when ya drive by an old van somewhere in the middle of BFE , doors open and Elvis pics sittin everywhere.  Apply tictoc here somehow. 

Youngest has people contact her about her doing something for a tic toc vid they're working on.  Then she posts the video with her in it.  Kids today think it's fine.  I'm still trying to figure that thought process out.  Maybe the gene pool?    😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I arrived safely yesterday, the clinic is located in a noble hotel from the 18th century that was completely renovated in 2017, it is beautiful.

The doctors and nursing team are very competent and friendly. My room is very large, nicely furnished and has a large balcony facing the sunny side. The food is okay so far, it's just the typical canteen kitchen food.

The medical diagnosis took place yesterday and a rehab plan was drawn up for me which will now accompany me for the next 3 weeks. Whether this will lead to the desired success will become clear in the coming weeks.

The weather is sunny but cold.

Bad-Eilsen_Hotel-Frstenhof.thumb.jpg.09f4ff41ea099cdd1a43d01433307912.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

I arrived safely yesterday, the clinic is located in a noble hotel from the 18th century that was completely renovated in 2017, it is beautiful.

The doctors and nursing team are very competent and friendly. My room is very large, nicely furnished and has a large balcony facing the sunny side. The food is okay so far, it's just the typical canteen kitchen food.

The medical diagnosis took place yesterday and a rehab plan was drawn up for me which will now accompany me for the next 3 weeks. Whether this will lead to the desired success will become clear in the coming weeks.

The weather is sunny but cold.

Bad-Eilsen_Hotel-Frstenhof.thumb.jpg.09f4ff41ea099cdd1a43d01433307912.jpg

Screenshot_20240229_084347_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 5

For all of you whom enjoy the 2nd* most import C in the threads title.

image.thumb.png.9b14f3729280edd4af763750bb948f92.png

https://justcoffee.coop/collections/all-coffees

That is a pretty good deal. Typically the best they do is 20% off sometimes 25 off selected items. No affiliation,  just a satisfied customer.

Enjoy! 

* Obviously Cocktails is #1 and Eff that 3rd one unless you are pedaling it!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rplace said:

For all of you whom enjoy the 2nd* most import C in the threads title.

image.thumb.png.9b14f3729280edd4af763750bb948f92.png

https://justcoffee.coop/collections/all-coffees

That is a pretty good deal. Typically the best they do is 20% off sometimes 25 off selected items. No affiliation,  just a satisfied customer.

Na Na  just for you guys here. And how much does it will cost me ? incl. oversea shipment to europe , import tax and duty ?  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's just schocking to me that you'd even ask that after your first treatment.  Just remember to bite down on that mouthpiece.  Keep an eye on the nursies too curmudgeon.  Your system will arrive Monday to fill your room.  Gnome shipping is the best just ask @JohnJ

Not bad @dirtmudd, not bad at all.  Right on target.  It's been a minute for that clip.  😂

• Haha 3

Geeze. Finally got to meet with a urologist today, 12 days later.

That took less than a day back home before I had to get one of my own.

Possibly six weeks until any procedure☹️ Then it will be at Virginia Tech, slightly less than two hours away. Doctor did leave me with a good impression though. Bad new is there's an 8mm one in my kidney that he will take out too.

Could use a shot tonight, but won't for a good while now!

• Sad 3

Yessirree Chuck!

He gave me some more of those comfort Rx's. Really don't like to take them. They are there for a reason, and I use them for that reason!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yessirree Chuck!

He gave me some more of those comfort Rx's. Really don't like to take them. They are there for a reason, and I use them for that reason!

Screenshot_20240301_071225_Chrome.jpg

He he he,

Pe-caaans

Pe-cans

as long as they're fresh there's not much better, `cept maybe with some homemade lemonade in the hot afternoon!

He doesn't look much like the nutcracker type though!

* Ya know I got that Mike.

dɪˈflek.ʃən

Dang they're using characters that do not belong in my language at Cambridge for enunciation:blink: 

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

Just hope you can get that thing outta there @JohnJ  The sooner the better!

All quiet in Duckburg.  45 today and 65 on Sunday?  Pffft  Crazy but normal.  Wiped out a mushroom, cheese ommelettemouse earlier.  Added a lil Atomic Rooster from @oldtimer.  Not bad at all.  :)  Carry on!  

• Like 3

the Heritage Flight training is happening in/over Tucson. Vintage warbirds flying with modern aircraft....  the prop planes air going full tilt and the jets are having a hard time going slow enough w/o stalling...

I wonder how well the old stuff would do against modern in a dogfight ?  Like trying to swat a gnat.

took the car in for oil change and struts ... that was my day.  phtttttttt !!

• Like 3