Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

It rained yesterday afternoon so instead of mowing the yard I puttered around the house before going over to my buddies(snake guy) place to hang out and play some music.

After a while he twisted my arm and forced me to play his beat up old Gibson that was made in 1959.

It’s the Les Paul in the middle.

IMG_2766.thumb.jpeg.4425aff28d799fa9a2a58f27700034f3.jpeg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

It rained yesterday afternoon so instead of mowing the yard I puttered around the house before going over to my buddies(snake guy) place to hang out and play some music.

After a while he twisted my arm and forced me to play his beat up old Gibson that was made in 1959.

It’s the Les Paul in the middle.

IMG_2766.thumb.jpeg.4425aff28d799fa9a2a58f27700034f3.jpeg

So....how did you like it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Invidiosulus said:

Don't ya just hate it when that happens?  Sometime puttering around works in your favor and yesterday your number was up.  Had to sound great.  Snake guy related to dog chick?  lol  Had to.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Don't ya just hate it when that happens?  Sometime puttering around works in your favor and yesterday your number was up.  Had to sound great.  Snake guy related to dog chick?  lol  Had to.  :)

Hahahaha,

No relation.

I haven’t seen Grace or Hopper around town since last fall.

• Like 3

On 5/6/2024 at 7:06 PM, Dave1291 said:

@Marvel  direct drive function ON kinda maybe?!  

I don't think so... it should loop down under the tensioner. Plus, it's all manual controls.

@Invidiosulus what brand is that?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marvel said:

I don't think so... it should loop down under the tensioner. Plus, it's all manual controls.

@Invidiosulus what brand is that?

Actually, that is the power cutoff. On play back or rewind, that arm will drop down and cut off the power to the reel motors when you reach either end of the tape.. it's that way on at least 3 of the decks I have (I have more).

20240509_202029~2.jpg

20240509_202155~2.jpg

20240509_202221~2.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Marvel said:

it should loop down under the tensioner

Yea, that's what it did.  I knew it was there and missed just forgot what it did.  

Been 50 years at least since I've even seen one.  If you miss it it just keps on running right?  Jemce the "Direct Drive"  lol  heck i dunno but think I'm close.  Gimme the bullet outta your shirt pocket.  lol

9 hours ago, Marvel said:

Actually, that is the power cutoff. On play back or rewind, that arm will drop down and cut off the power to the reel motors when you reach either end of the tape.. it's that way on at least 3 of the decks I have (I have more).

20240509_202029~2.jpg

20240509_202155~2.jpg

20240509_202221~2.jpg

Yep, it’s the arm for the auto stop.

I’m not sure why he wasn’t using it but the amount of bourbon he had previously may have had something to do with it.

I’ll have to see what brand it is the next time I’m over there.

He has another machine that I think was an AKAI but seemed to have trouble with the belt slipping the previous time I was over there.

• Haha 1

I made it down to Asheville last night for an awesome hardcore punk/alternative metal show.

Cro-Mags opened for Helmet.

Both bands were super tight and had a great stage presence.

Primus played in Asheville the night before and my buddy who made it to both shows said it was like being back in the early 90’s.

IMG_2788.thumb.jpeg.3c6ee0aff49ab922bf87f33af5ced7a2.jpeg

IMG_2810.thumb.jpeg.467e7307f7a2c429630a56d533f1ee4a.jpeg

IMG_2812.thumb.jpeg.3763b5ba1be1e8eacf7d273e2fccf68b.jpeg

• Like 4

The Northern Lights were putting on a show tonight.

A little hard to see much of it with the naked eye but my phone didn’t have much trouble picking it up.

Just up the hill from my house, overlooking downtown Spruce Pine, NC.

IMG_2831.thumb.jpeg.3fdfb0977ef5f28b7ef42e377c5d5f4e.jpeg

IMG_2840.thumb.jpeg.117a678f989f413d329ddf6232f68602.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We were at Rock City for an event, and got home about 9:00, auger beat from all the walking we did. When we got home we just showered and went to bed. Forgot about the solar event...

Maybe tonight will still be ok. Jonas' girlfriend got some nice pics in Merritt, BC.

• Like 3