Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I have no involvement or interest in politics.

Me neither..that's what everybody says..then one day they turn around and their wallet is empty and they can't feed their family.

• Like 1

The battery in my key fob died today.

I did not find a way to get my ride started with that key that comes in it so I'm stuck again.

Nothing in the manual, piece of plastic put in the dash where it could have been for the previous years model. Yikes, prime did come in handy with more than movies and tv shows.  Got next day delivery for this.

• Like 2

I did scroll my Dave1291 but have to figure out how to get into my old account.  I'm pretty sure I have it but not really positive.  Think we exchanged them when I went out to Phoenix to see the youngest.  That means nothing since I didn't have time to head south so we never talked.  I dunno but I hope his ears are burnin!   :) 

Survived the tornado damage. Did some nosin w/the rest of the town this evening and there was quite a bit more damage than I thought.  Made the CBS evening news tonight and the Columbus CBS affiliate, which suprised me.  There were 3 EF1's and two EF0's in Ohio.  This one was one of the EF 1's.  The other two EF 1's were up around Cleveland.  The EF 0's down in Southern Ohio.

Drove by my old place, which was a 2 story double brick built in 1917.  I loved that house.  Rock solid, hot water heat and quarter-sawn oak with all the old pocket doors and oak cabinets in the kitchen.  The veneer was absolutely beautiful.  No cracks and done the right way. 

Had a maple in the back yard and planted some blue spruce on the side to block some of the noise & view from a school across the street.  They're prolly a good 30' tall now cause the guy never topped them out.  End result?  Two are on a major lean being held up by some power lines.  They're gonna have to go.

Every lil out building ppl had was history along with a few unattached garages and trees down everywhere.  Then the house pic I posted.  The 2 story building downtown next to Wendys had no roof along with 4-5 other buildings downtown.  Then it went right across into the residential side of older homes close by w/more damage.eventually headed outta town and lifted up. 

Crazy for sure.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

The battery in my key fob died today.

I did not find a way to get my ride started with that key that comes in it so I'm stuck again.

Nothing in the manual, piece of plastic put in the dash where it could have been for the previous years model. Yikes, prime did come in handy with more than movies and tv shows.  Got next day delivery for this.

What vehicle?  I know in my Jeep if the fob battery dies you just press the Start/Stop button with the fob to start it.

In some vehicles with a Start/Stop button if you pop the button out you can insert the fob and turn it to start the car.

• Like 2

The 15 & the 16 Accords could start with that physical key next to the ignition, the 15 had a place to insert it.

This is an 18 Acura RDX, fob battery must be totally dead, old fashioned key will only unlock and lock the doors to how they're set up. Duracell was only a few months old, not keeping it near the wifi in the BR at night anymore.

Sure my neighbor would have run me the 4 miles to the crossroads if I asked. Not sure kroger has that cr2032 battery though. I have what I need here now.

I've been going 10 miles further and saving almost 15% at the foodlion. More time, less $. NObody has good beef around here so that doesn't gauge my loyalties anymore. I see cows everywhere though, thinking deep freezer in my future! Will ask questions when I'm ready with that!

• Like 3

Time to find a farmer selling good beef and snag ya a quarter.  Pricey but w/a freezzer you're good to go then just stockpile every thing else frozen on sale.  I'm on a mission to get mine emptied by fall since mine's already ordered.  

Cow Philip GIF - Cow Philip Kehoe GIFs

60's around here for the next few days then ramping back up.  :)

• Like 2

Walked over to downtown to grab a beer with my neighbor yesterday evening.

Right after we crossed the river I spotted CSX 3028 heading north and I managed to run out on the old bridge footing and snap a pic.

IMG_2656.jpeg.9e2a5c71313c31d963c89ab09cb95f02.jpeg

• Like 3

Did the doc thingy the other day so took a lil road trip.  She's all happy n stuff but I forgot to ask her about my coffee.  Needless to say I made a command decision on my own.  :)

Think I'll slip out and take the pulse of Duckburg.  See how that tornado clean-up is workin out around here.   

@Invidiosulus nice shot.  It's been non stop around here since that tornado the other day.  Had a loooong one blocking the entire town for a long time.  Now they're trying to catch up.  They must have had ALL the sidings from Portsmouth, Ohio  (down on the Ohio river) up to lake Erie full and waiting.  Yesterday was nuts.  Alllll horns all day and not the good kind of horns we listen too.  db was about the same though.  :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

There is a guy in Kernersville, NC that builds Dynaco ST-70's from scratch.  Great reviews and very nice work.  Saw his ad on usaudiomart.  Tempting though I have no use for more gear. 

• Like 3

Sampled some bourbon yesterday.

IMG_2666.jpeg.656b4589fe16df44829f4f4fc90c3dea.jpeg

I forgot I’d taken another pic of one of the trains last week.

The old footbridge across the river is pretty low over the tracks.

IMG_2646.jpeg.d7b24907b931dbd937f809926b56ea0b.jpeg

you can just about get some shots that look like you are on the train.

A bunch of empty coal cars heading north.IMG_2650.jpeg.155aa0b3772cc6e4f7f0478243dd34b1.jpeg

IMG_2647.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/20/2024 at 4:30 PM, Tarheel said:

There is a guy in Kernersville, NC that builds Dynaco ST-70's from scratch.  Great reviews and very nice work.  Saw his ad on usaudiomart.  Tempting though I have no use for more gear. 

@Marvel still has an ST-70 iirc.

• Like 2

Yes I do, but it's in pieces. I had replaced the 7199 driver board a long time ago and got a different one to replace it. I need three 9 pin sockets and forget to order them.

• Like 3

Mine's collecting dust lately @Invidiosulus not like those. 

Made some meat sauce & fettuccini yesterday, like everything else it hurt. Today with leftover coffee-milk from lunch it was yummy and the comfort food it should be!

Nice to have a table again, nevermind the canvas tarp, it's still clean & I like it better than flowers!! The camo one is too used to use it for this.

PXL-20240423-211056552.jpg

• Like 3