Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

That's funny.

But anyone related to this guy is not getting a Christmas present this year. He was traveling across country to relatives houses giving them all weed as presents.

He was stopped with 60 pounds, Merry Christmas from grandpa.

A routine traffic stop in York County, Nebraska, on Tuesday turned out to be anything but routine.

That’s because officers found 60 pounds of pot in the vehicle, which was occupied by an older couple traveling on Interstate 80, according to the York News-Times.

Deputies in York County stopped a Toyota Tacoma after it crossed the center line and the driver failed to signal. Deputies said they immediately smelled what appeared to be raw marijuana.

York County sheriff’s Lt. Paul Vrbka told the paper he estimated the confiscated cannabis to be worth about $336,000.

Patrick Jiron, 80, was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana with the intent to deliver and having no drug tax stamp, both felonies.

hen drug-sniffing dogs confirmed their suspicion, officers searched the pickup and found the weed in boxes inside the pickup topper, the newspaper reported.

Jiron was released after he posted 10 percent of his $100,000 bond, according to the York News-Times.

His wife, 70-year-old Barbara Jiron, was cited but not jailed due to what Vrbka described as ”some medical issues.”

Vrbka said the couple told police they were traveling to Vermont from Clearlake Oaks, California, and intended to give out the weed as Christmas presents, according to WOWT.com.

2055666b69b55ef8311f1bd6544ee0f1.jpg

• Like 3

When I was an assistant prosecuting attorney, a funeral home owner from Detroit was stopped in Battle Creek on I-94 with a hearse full of liquor purchased in Illinois.  He said it was to be Christmas gifts for friends and business associates, which I believed.  Unfortunately, our boss, an ex-cop, always bent over backward to not appear to favor a middle class businessperson over our typical low-life customers.  I would have merely confiscated the contraband and let him off with a warning.  My boss insisted on a guilty plea to a misdemeanor, plus confiscation.

Elden, @dtel, you also remind me of the time a young woman was arrested for possession of marijuana.  With a search warrant, a full body cavity search located hidden marijuana, which prompted the question, “What’s a joint like this doing in a girl like you?”

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dtel said:

That's funny.

But anyone related to this guy is not getting a Christmas present this year. He was traveling across country to relatives houses giving them all weed as presents.

A routine traffic stop in York County, Nebraska, on Tuesday turned out to be anything but routine.

That’s because officers found 60 pounds of pot in the vehicle, which was occupied by an older couple traveling on Interstate 80, according to the York News-Times.

Deputies in York County stopped a Toyota Tacoma after it crossed the center line and the driver failed to signal. Deputies said they immediately smelled what appeared to be raw marijuana.

York County sheriff’s Lt. Paul Vrbka told the paper he estimated the confiscated cannabis to be worth about $336,000.

Patrick Jiron, 80, was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana with the intent to deliver and having no drug tax stamp, both felonies.

hen drug-sniffing dogs confirmed their suspicion, officers searched the pickup and found the weed in boxes inside the pickup topper, the newspaper reported.

Jiron was released after he posted 10 percent of his $100,000 bond, according to the York News-Times.

His wife, 70-year-old Barbara Jiron, was cited but not jailed due to what Vrbka described as ”some medical issues.”

Vrbka said the couple told police they were traveling to Vermont from Clearlake Oaks, California, and intended to give out the weed as Christmas presents, according to WOWT.com.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dtel said:

That's funny.

I have to chuckle about this...The deputies probably chuckled to themselves...So what exactly happens to an 80 / 70 year old couple?

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Elden, @dtel, you also remind me of the time a young woman was arrested for possession of marijuana.  With a search warrant, a full body cavity search located hidden marijuana, which prompted the question, “What’s a joint like this doing in a girl like you?”

When they say mary jane I though it was just a nickname, guess it could also be a smell, also could explain the term skunk weed ? :o

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Don't get high on your own supply:P 

The laws vary so much from state to state you need a play book to keep them straight.  Wasn't it in Texas where you went to prison for life for simple possession?

That might be Louisiana? they are tough from what I hear.

Here in South Ms, less than 1.2 oz is a ticket.

2 hours ago, Steve_S said:

I have to chuckle about this...The deputies probably chuckled to themselves...So what exactly happens to an 80 / 70 year old couple?

Jail, out on bond for now.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
5 hours ago, richieb said:

You would be fine in prison with that purty mouth of yours' -?!

That's disturbing at best.

That's exactly what kept me out of trouble most of my life, and just dumb luck.