Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Just finished up a small project at my son's house.  The floor on both sides of the fireplace was buckling and separating from a leak which has since been repaired.   I didn't want to rip the entire floor up so I decided to put some tile in.  It ended up taking me part of 3 weekends to finish but it's done now.

20180427_094124.jpg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Got the T mouldings done this morning 

20180512_095712.jpg

Good job Carl. I like how you sized it up to accommodate  full tiles on the sides and in front. It's nice to see a repair turn into a decorative item. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Good job Carl. I like how you sized it up to accommodate  full tiles on the sides and in front. It's nice to see a repair turn into a decorative item. 

Thanks.  The rounded tiles took me about 20 minutes each to cut and shape the 2 of them.

• Like 2

Good job Carl.....very tidy work.

Our floor guy had to do something similar at LF's house with oak strip flooring.  Ran new flooring perpendicular to the existing flooring around the hearth and 45ed the ends.  Looks great.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Good job Carl.....very tidy work.

Our floor guy had to do something similar at LF's house with oak strip flooring.  Ran new flooring perpendicular to the existing flooring around the hearth and 45ed the ends.  Looks great.

Thanks.  This is one of those things that I never would have done had it not been for the fact that the floor was damaged.  This seemed to be the easiest repair considering how the laminate planks were running.  If they ran perpendicular I would have probably just replaced the damaged pieces as I had spares.  As it is, I think this looks better.

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

And over the counter... Cough syrup

Contained codeine or cocaine when

You were little.. 

I guess she was more into alcohol ?

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Elden, surely don’t call him Red.  His name is Rich. 😊

Rich, all this time I thought it was Red. :o I am terrible with names, but I got the R correct. :P

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

That Neil is a funny guy but Elden calls everyone Red.....keeps it simple and he's never forgotten a name😂

Your right Red, I can remember a face but rarely a name,  who started this whole name thing here anyway, I was just getting use to the screen names and now you expect me to remember the real names..................like Red said, I will just call everyone Red. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, dtel said:

Is that a mounding japanese maple in the pic, red ?

Drinks look good, I think I tried that before but don't remember what it tasted like, I kind of remember liking the cough medicine taste. 

Yes it is. One of our favorites in the entire yard. There is actually a rock big enough for two people to sit on under it. It mounded right over it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, rplace said:

Yes it is. One of our favorites in the entire yard. There is actually a rock big enough for two people to sit on under it. It mounded right over it.

Japanese Maples are my favorite plant by far, we have some weeping and upright growers in the garden. We lost probably 20 over the years, one of the growers had a problem with die back, you don't find this out until years later, have 2 left from that grower, probably will lose them one day, the rest are fine, I hope. It makes me sick when one dies.

That one is in great shape, it must like it where it is.

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

She's not much for clippings.  We're at a restaurant now.

You made me think and I tried to get christy to go out tonight or I would cook whatever she wanted.

She talked with the grandson and decided they wanted roast beef po boys, of all things, I tried again and they are stuck on that so whatever she wants.

• Like 3