Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

That is why I qualified my grinding method. If you don't have dust in the grinds ...

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

If you are using bleached white paper filters, then yes.  Highly recommend unbleached brown.

Only wimps use a fine paper filter :o Get a course metal filter to get that extra crunch in the last cup. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Actually, only wimps use filters at all.......go French Press or go home......

I really like the coffee from a French Press, I used one exclusively at work for over a year. My wife is a Dental Hygienist. After a couple of cleanings she said your bottom teeth are more stained than usual. The only difference we could come up with was the French Press. Going camping and want French press quality. Check out the AeroPress. One cup at a time perfection. Perfect for the coffee junkie it looks like a giant syringe. Looking in Mike's direction :D

aeropress-onsite-snow-sm-53.jpg

I'm currently enjoying a well earned cappuccino . Just finished back flushing my espresso machine and cleaning it and the drip machine inside and out with Cafiza. My gold filter is shiny and ready for KROCK's Bunn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've got ya ALL beat...  Unbleached brown filters going thru a gold filter.  Works quite nicely too...  Things puke then the gold filter can catch it instead of me when I drink it!  Nothing worse than a mouthful of crunch when you least expect it!  Now I can almost powder it when I grind!   :)

COFFEE.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Actually, only wimps use filters at all.......go French Press or go home......

Never tried  French Press except for a long time ago, there was this girl........

Use the metal perforated coffee basket in the old Drip-o-lator pot from my grandfather, with no filter, good enough for me. Now I remember as a kid my grandfather used a piece of panthose as a filter, he had a few he rotated and always had one on the windowsill behind the sink :unsure2: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

Now I remember as a kid my grandfather used a piece of panthose as a filter, he had a few he rotated and always had one on the windowsill behind the sink :unsure2:

Going to be interesting to see where this statement goes...  😂 😂 😂

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Dave1290 said:

Going to be interesting to see where this statement goes...  😂 😂 😂

I know, I didn't think anything of it when I was a kid but now it seems a little odd, grandmothers , the girlfriend, maby I didn't know grandpa as well as I thought.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dtel said:

I know, I didn't think anything of it when I was a kid but now it seems a little odd, grandmothers , the girlfriend, maby I didn't know grandpa as well as I thought.  :lol:

Always nice to sit back and smile watching the one who made the comment sit back and commit Hari-kari as he crawls outta the hole he just dug for himself.  Still love ya brother!  Been there once or twice myself!!! We get to hear about the girl and the French press next???   😂😂😎

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dtel said:

Never tried  French Press except for a long time ago, there was this girl........

Use the metal perforated coffee basket in the old Drip-o-lator pot from my grandfather, with no filter, good enough for me. Now I remember as a kid my grandfather used a piece of panthose as a filter, he had a few he rotated and always had one on the windowsill behind the sink :unsure2: 

As long as the pantyhose came off the girl before you French pressed her I think you are good to go.:emotion-44:

• Haha 4