Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 o'clock and legal martini time on the east coast.  Saw a shot glass in the cupboard that said 2oz for gentlemen....3oz for pigs!  Said "what would Carl the slushie man do" then to heck with that and poured till my arm got tired☺️

Made an attempt at getting something done today.  Had a wax myrtle that rotted at the stump and fell over.  Got the chain saw out and cranked it.  I t ran for about 5 cuts and quit.  Started again and quit.  Then no start at all.  Temperamental as hell.  May start when I try tomorrow.....who knows. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

3 weeks and counting....

I'll get some furniture after we get them Scalas placed.

lol

Perfect, there has to be priorities, now to line up of the wife's favorite music would be the first smart move.

Remember your selling, your goal is on keeping them inside and when she hears how her favorite music sounds it will be your best selling point. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So yesterday I failed to get the tree cut up due to non starting chain saw.  Felt fairly unproductive so around 6:30pm I washed and clay barred the Z4.

Today after breakfast with 16 high school chums I got out the saw and got it cranked.  Had to keep the revs up since it won't idle and did not stop till all cuts were made.  Dragged everything to the road for trash to haul away.

Tonight the S2000 gets washed and clay barred and the soft top will get a coat of 303. 

In between all this activity I may have a martini😋

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

So yesterday I failed to get the tree cut up due to non starting chain saw.  Felt fairly unproductive so around 6:30pm I washed and clay barred the Z4.

Today after breakfast with 16 high school chums I got out the saw and got it cranked.  Had to keep the revs up since it won't idle and did not stop till all cuts were made.  Dragged everything to the road for trash to haul away.

Tonight the S2000 gets washed and clay barred and the soft top will get a coat of 303. 

In between all this activity I may have a martini😋

may?!?  😮  sounds to me like you've certainly earned it today.  that yard work, like your tree, really takes it out of me.  don't mind doing it at all. in fact kinda like getting out & breaking a bit of a sweat.  not too much, just a little 😊

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I like the chainsaw.

Makes lots of noise ... and sh*t crashing down.

My kind of fun.

Wife's favorite music??? She like classical and the old Beatles... Help, RubberSoul...  Told  her classical will be like sitting in the orchestra pit... not just at the concert.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just purchased tickets to see/hear Robert Cray on September 4th for LF's birthday (9/3).  Pretty good seats and only$80 for two.  A small venue and starts at 7:30 pm....just right for old folks.  Heard Keb Mo there back in October.  Good acoustics.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Just purchased tickets to see/hear Robert Cray on September 4th for LF's birthday (9/3).  Pretty good seats and only$80 for two.  A small venue and starts at 7:30 pm....just right for old folks.  Heard Keb Mo there back in October.  Good acoustics.

nice.  sounds like you done pretty good

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I saw him years ago at the Jazz fest in New Orleans.  Fantastic show.  Love the tone of his voice.

• Like 3