Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I tend to eat that way, too. I'm not too keen on leftovers ... I will make an exception for lasagna. I could eat that breakfast - lunch - and dinner. 

fetched the wife in Tucson, yesterday. She seemed to enjoy this conference. It was all rural teachers. 

Waiting for the phone repair. I don't miss hearing it. I may turn the ringer and sound off. "Leave a message and I might call you back"

the cats are doing their job. They are getting a lot of rodents lately.

`I spooked a deer at the cat's water bowl yesterday afternoon.... it was pretty mutual. It spooked me pretty good, too. We had some deer in the yard last year. Still gave me a start.

• Like 3

Landscapers rolled in yesterday so I've been straw bossin and making sure I'm getting my money's worth.  😂   Should look stellar when they're done.  Woman that runs the place was listening so we're splitting a lot of the older huge stuff and relocating it instead of buying new.  It doesn't save ya much but every 10-15 you can save helps I guess.  So far so good. 

Maybe they'll be outta here today since "Moose" is finishing up another job and rolling in later.  Don't know where she found this guy but he wa pickin up 150# rocks and carrying them around like nothing.  He did use my big two-wheeled cart for a couple.  Work smarter not harder hasn't set in yet.

No BGE but firing up the Weber for lunch.  1O burgers enough?  Throw it down w/some cottage cheese, tomato and chips.  Gonna make Bobby Flay look like a Mama's boy.  

No cats or dogs to get in the way just a bunch of tight neighbors driving by nosin and gawkin.  Guess I gotta show 'em how to do everything here in the hood.  😂

Might be done today but I sure was beat up last night.  Straw bossin is a rough job!   😂  It'll sort but my wallet will be lighter.  Just speaker money right???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Two double cheeseburgers and a regular hamburger between two guys.  Not to mention the other stuff.  Day 2 complete and finishing up tomorrow thank goodness.  About 3 loads of out-going unwanted stuff and two full loads of stone coming in total.  They FINALLY asked if they could back up in the yard instead of using wheel barrels.  Dropped the remainder under a big tree and just raked it out.  Tomorrow will be wheel barrels again.  No other way.  Looking better every day!  3 neighbors stopped nosin so far.  The rest are just gawkin as they drive by.  hahaha  Funny.

It should look great until I get the leaves again this fall from the dude across the street.  lol

On 9/19/2022 at 5:26 PM, grasshopper said:

`I spooked a deer at the cat's water bowl yesterday afternoon.... it was pretty mutual. It spooked me pretty good, too. We had some deer in the yard last year. Still gave me a start.

Around here there are herd's of deer just grazin on peoples stuff in their back yards.  

Hope they're done tomorrow and outta here.  THEN I'm takin a well deserved break!

• Like 3

On 9/19/2022 at 5:26 PM, grasshopper said:

I tend to eat that way, too. I'm not too keen on leftovers ... I will make an exception for lasagna. I could eat that breakfast - lunch - and dinner. 

Oh, me too! Especially the stuff I make... And now with just me and no Lasagna pan?

Kinda glad, because it ends up being 7 or 8 pounds! Other entrees I will freeze leftovers in TV-dinner sizes for me but not that!

• Like 3

On 9/19/2022 at 11:26 PM, grasshopper said:

how about a " NUTELLA " Lasagne ? I was told that it was very trendy in NY a couple of years ago

nutella-.jpg.f0848eb2ecba2ef841dc8b880d321cac.jpg

• Like 3

Landscapers were outta here Wednesday about quittin time and I crawled back into the house shortly thereafter.  Took today off and didn't do a darn thing.  Wait, I did dishes from my Bobby Flay throw down.  Both the guys pigged out and thanked me for lunch a couple times.  Said no one had ever cooked for them before.  lol  They did do a nice job and didn't stop for 3 days.  3 one-ton truckloads of stone went down out of wheel barrels is nuts in itself.  Made me tired watchin.

• Like 2

One of the guys told me he was on his third scoop shovel this summer.  THEN he told me the woman that owns the place was going to sell them in her new building she just put up last year.  $95 each but they have a lifetime guarantee.  She's thinkin outside the box on that one.  $100 each and with her cost of maybe $50 she'll never have to pay for a shovel, rake or anything else she sells again.  Good deal for her anyway ya look at it.

I'm just about back to abby-normal...  Young Frankenstein Abby Normal GIF - Young Frankenstein Abby Normal Igor GIFs

Been doing that good Costa Rican for almost a year straight. Going back to Lumbo for a while, 4# worth.

PXL-20220923-155852434.jpg

They sent me kcups for nuthin'

Don't do pods, can I take the grinds out and drop into the screen? Never had `em, used them a couple times in an office before. Seems like my razor knife could do the job quickly.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Been doing that good Costa Rican for almost a year straight. Going back to Lumbo for a while, 4# worth.

Don't do pods, can I take the grinds out and drop into the screen? Never had `em, used them a couple times in an office before. Seems like my razor knife could do the job quickly.

Yo Juan you better get here soon 

On the donkey I'm out of coffee

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, JohnJ said:

John your like my grandmother

With the clothes pins!

• Thanks 1