Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Back from camping - work for one week, then onto NC next week before attempting to take my mother to Greece... Such. Timing. Anyway the week camping was great. Here's a snapshot of my boy and his dog enjoying the low tide pools. Two cup day today the baby is teething.... zzzzzz....post-52637-0-98960000-1436229882_thumb.j

• Like 5

Now Dtel you been talking to my wife ??  <_<   she is always giving me hell about my ears but its usually along the lines of calling them satellite dishes  :angry:

Its a good thing I'm not Vein I would probably get offended  :D

billy shes been burning for about 5 hours straight now, only a few hundred more to go........................Its actually used and so should be pretty much burnt in although the original owner says it sat mainly in storage so ????

• Like 4

Back from camping - work for one week, then onto NC next week before attempting to take my mother to Greece... Such. Timing. Anyway the week camping was great. Here's a snapshot of my boy and his dog enjoying the low tide pools. Two cup day today the baby is teething.... zzzzzz....attachicon.gifimage.jpg

If you are heading to the outer banks stay out of the ocean, We dont need any shark bite victims on the forums  :D

• Like 5

• Moderators
Now Dtel you been talking to my wife ?? she is always giving me hell about my ears but its usually along the lines of calling them satellite dishes Its a good thing I'm not Vein I would probably get offended

Yes I have been talking with her, who told ?  :o She seems very nice by the way :)

If I thought you would be offended I would never say that to you, just in PM's to everyone else :o

But really no, I said that because that's some nice equipment surely higher grade than my hearing. :P

• Like 3

billy shes been burning for about 5 hours straight now, only a few hundred more to go........................Its actually used and so should be pretty much burnt in although the original owner says it sat mainly in storage so ????

That's good Joe! Was thinking your present DAC, although good is history.

Do not envy your having to compare. Can be challenging sussing it out between 2 nice DACs.

Deciding between 2.

• Like 2

currently leaning twords keeping the Havana all things being equal I am a tube fan and since I already have basically a lifetime supply of tubes, I want to set up my AB station today and make a final

I may employ the wife and go full on blind, although I feel like volume matching will prevent that

time for Brunch

• Like 4

Morning gang

Just in from the Hyatt, roughly a $400 night (outing).

Hyatt is across from the captiol, rubbin elbows w/lawmakers (Flakes)

Room, Food by Chef, And ONE drink, wife and i do this about every other year, just go out for the evening.

Put the Bandon Oregon trip on the wife, told her whenever/whatever. retierment is good :emotion-21:

Welp, guess i should shop for a place to stay up there :wacko:  

post-57941-0-90960000-1436285078_thumb.j

• Like 5

Have the AB station set up and listening, there is 1 glaring difference, the metrum is brighter all the way across the board not just the highs, Not hearing and definite differences in detail bass, extension etc...everything is sampled to 96 as that is all the Havana can process

I am thinking the decision comes down to tubes vs higher resolution capabilities, which do I prefer most ?, considering most all of my music is red book (44.1 / 16) and a few 96/24 downloads I dont really need the 192 abilities however it is nice to have it if you want it  :huh:

• Like 1

Bright! Bet it needs to burn more but, sounds like you are already decided a bit on keeping the Havana.

So maybe not a tie-breaker

I am leaning Havana but certainly  not decided yet, The metrum does have a cult following for a reason, I spoke with the seller yesterday and found that when he bought it new he used it a bit and then "Barley used after that" so Burn in could be in play  :D

• Like 4

Sounds relaxing Mark! Never pass up some good seafood, I say!

Friend was on vacation with his 2 grown sons last week and made it back yesterday.

Started with flight to Vegas, where 1 lives and drove from Vegas to end up in Seattle.

Flight back to here yesterday.

Brought us a Space Needle as a token...yay!

Knew he could not resist driving and taking a back seat!

Bright! Bet it needs to burn more but, sounds like you are already decided a bit on keeping the Havana.

So maybe not a tie-breaker

I am leaning Havana but certainly  not decided yet, The metrum does have a cult following for a reason, I spoke with the seller yesterday and found that when he bought it new he used it a bit and then "Barley used after that" so Burn in could be in play  :D

That is what I am thinking. If you got the time, may be worth the wait, although a DAC I had took about a month before it really shined.

What am I doing telling you anyway. You know much more than I about DACS! Thinking you have had a few...

• Like 1

I like it, had my brother and wife listen and the results were mixed

brother 24 years old liked metrum (a tad brighter)

wife 37 likes havana

NO HELP THERE  :angry:  they both articulated the differences as I hear them and all they knew was to pick in or out as the SYS chooses one or the other with a single push button,  after choosing in or out,

I asked why, wife said out was to in your face (metrum), so she liked in (Havana),

Brother said out sounded more clear "like you can hear everything" (Metrum),  Both sound Great its a very minor difference

I explained it as putting a blanket in front of a speaker, he responed a very thin blanket..................Going to go read some more reviews and see what they are saying about burn in  :D

Turning out to be a decent / fun afternoon  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

Afternoon gang

Wife took too long before informing me the days she would like to be up Bandon way.

No rooms anywhere close to the town, so Reno option.

She is out shopping for our coffee needs, we take our own pot&cups.

Could be a shooting outing, but im feelin lazy, Fat Maduro(s) fine food & Sprits sound good :emotion-19::emotion-21:

Even better news, we will be there in three hours....... :emotion-21:

• Like 6