Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
She is out shopping for our coffee needs, we take our own pot&cups.

Don't blame you at all, I like to do the same thing, you never know where that coffee maker has been. :blink:

3 hours is not long, but really just heading out is good enough. I love being home but love to go off to do things, and just to be somewhere else for a change of scenery. Leaving here in a couple of days, for 7-10 days, not vacation but to help someone fix up a house = work, but will have some fun also.

• Like 5

Don't blame you at all, I like to do the same thing, you never know where that coffee maker has been. :blink:

3 hours is not long, but really just heading out is good enough. I love being home but love to go off to do things, and just to be somewhere else for a change of scenery. Leaving here in a couple of days, for 7-10 days, not vacation but to help someone fix up a house = work, but will have some fun also.

Word among frequent Hotel/Motel visitors is stewardess of local airlines clean their panyhose in the room coffee pots :o :o :o

We heard that a few years back, and since then, No Thanx on in-room coffee, not even their cups :D

Time to hit the road, Security in place and well fed.

• Like 5

Word among frequent Hotel/Motel visitors is stewardess of local airlines clean their panyhose in the room coffee pots :o :o :o

We heard that a few years back, and since then, No Thanx on in-room coffee, not even their cups :D

Time to hit the road, Security in place and well fed.

With all your traveling Mark, I'm surprised you don't have some sort of travel trailer/RV.

• Like 4

Wow, pretty nice setup Joe! Bet it sounds nice too!

Thanks

just received this response from the original owner

"Theres maybe 60-70hrs of playtime on it. 
Sad since ive had it like 3 years but i have like 4 dacs too."

every thread I read states at least 200 hrs burn in :blink: , Have it set up in listening station now as the only Dac, been playing with the dsp settings in J river and with a little crossfeed added, and a 3db boost at 60hz in eq it is sounding much better to m ears,and has gained a lot on the Havana's lead
  • Like 4

Love grits just about anyway you fix them except for instant grits.  Make some "upscale" cheese grits with Gruyere.....and then of course there is shrimp and grits with the shrimp cooked in the bacon renderings.  Making myself hungry.

• Like 3

boudain

Now that's some good stuff.  Some friends of ours had a 4th of July party down at the lake.  The theme was Louisiana or Cajun food.  They had a buddy bring a butt load of boudain and crawfish up.  Unfortunately we missed out, as we were having our own party.  But I have had it in the past and it is dang good.

• Like 2

• Moderators

i spent six weeks in Yorktown, VA…that’s the closest to the south i’ve ever been.

This explains a lot, were beginning to see the big picture and it's not your fault.

I am so sorry, I had no idea it was this bad. :emotion-55: I'm just hoping it's not to late for you to still make a full recovery, please don't judge everything from only having Northern experiences, it just wouldn't be right, things are completely different than you have experienced in the past. It's really sad to hear this. :(  

For others affected from this, all I can say is you may not even know you have it, get south and have it checked, to spend a whole life suffering from this would be such a shame, get help asap. It's just not worth living like this when you don't have to.

:ph34r:

• Like 5