Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Bruce glad your wife is home safe and wish her a speedy recovery,  Sancho I know it called for 5/20 when new but 120,000 miles has caused some wear so a heavier oil should be of no consequence, MKP glad to see the main charges against your daughter were dropped hope the rest of the crap is dismissed but I know how the courts want that $$$$$,  Mark I get the idea someone here on the forum (not this thread) has offended you guess I missed that Hope it all works out, 10 years ago I had a back and forth with another member but it all worked out and I actually ended up buying his K-Horns when we met in person he and his wife were very nice people

New Dac should be here first of the week, cant wait to compare My Havana and the Metrum (Hope the Metrum stands up to the hype) if it does I will be selling the Havana  :(

Boys are both back to normal and mean as hell, car seems fine, another week gone  

Hope everyone has a great 4th, I want to find some fireworks for the boys to watch 

Later

• Like 6

• Moderators

Good morning denizens.   Community Coffee was on half price so I am trying their dark roast signature blend as a change.  It's pretty smooth and rich, not bad at all.  Enjoy your weekend!  Don't forget the big game on Sunday.  USA USA USA...

Bunch of dirtbags, it's popular here so they never put it on sale, I'm addicted every time I try coffee without chicory it taste bland to me, guess I have cheap taste buds, they like the filler.

• Like 6

• Moderators
And have a safe 4th.

Well glad your back, :emotion-21:  Ok this is the deal, I know it's the 4th of July but try really hard to NOT blow anything up. 

1  You still live in town, and to make that worse it's in California where you almost need a permit to breath !

2  The neighbors probably think your a little crazy already ?

3 The Mia neighbor may just go over the edge and shoot up the whole neighborhood ?

see I've been thinking about this.

:)

• Like 7

And have a safe 4th.

Well glad your back, :emotion-21:  Ok this is the deal, I know it's the 4th of July but try really hard to NOT blow anything up. 

1  You still live in town, and to make that worse it's in California where you almost need a permit to breath !

2  The neighbors probably think your a little crazy already ?

3 The Mia neighbor may just go over the edge and shoot up the whole neighborhood ?

see I've been thinking about this.

:)

We will be watering our lawn for the Fourth, and NOT to make it grow.

Lawn died two months ago as did most of the neighborhood, Fire hazard it is now.

post-57941-0-11920000-1435966769_thumb.j

• Like 7

Took a nap, now coffee is order.  Time to start cooking for tomorrow.  I will try and get some photos for the fine food and music thread.  I feel like Mark taking a nap and waking up to coffee at 9 o clock at night.

• Like 7

Yes, yes, and I am there too!!

Chuck, thanks for your kind words and getting the link passed around. We hung out with Nathan (last night's featured organist) at the banquet tonight.... He has crazy credentials as were listed on the OHS site..

I still have more photos to share from the weeks work, just was not able to get wifi everywhere, so the pics are still on the iPad..

Well, back to RTM, coffee in the morning with this fine group ;0))

.........Gary

Chuck, didn't know/remember that your were into magnetic media.... I took my signature down tonight for the first time. Neat as it was, it was getting to long... But perhaps you knew that I was also a collector of R to R pre-records played on my Teac ;0)

• Like 5

Happy 4th of July C&C buds!

Yes Gary I still spin those big old reels.  I have three decks....one with a technician now.   

It's Saturday morning retirees and worker bees.  Get out there and do something.

First cup down and Jake fed.  He is now "resting" from a hard night of sleep and I'm ready for cup #2.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

post-17365-0-43560000-1436008545_thumb.j

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 7

Good mornings everyone.

Chuck, thanks so much for sending that photo, very impressive with those lovely magnetic machines (0; We will talk more..

Meanwhile, just perked a fresh brew of Melitta and steaming hot ! Breakfast time in the household...

Enjoy your day everyone..

........Gary

.....and taking it easy ;0)image.jpg1_327.jpg

• Like 6

Good 4th of July morning to you all!   :emotion-19: Took quite a while to get caught up here.

Luck didn't quite go my way as a kid on 4th of July, so let's just say at age 19 I changed my tune and decided to simply watch others.  :unsure:

Got to get cup #2  :emotion-44:  Be SAFE everyone and have a great 4th of July weekend!  Happy Independence Day  :)

• Like 5

Afternoon gang......Yes a happy 4th to all. 

Working on 2nd cup...don't know what I'll be getting into today.....This is the first 4th of July I will be celebrating as a U.S. citizen. Oh yea let me light up some of those fire works.....lol lol... Some of you guys might remember I became a U.S. citizen back in Oct. Only been here 46 years..

Take care all...check in later....wife just said were going to the movies....ahhhh ok...

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Afternoon gang......Yes a happy 4th to all. 

Working on 2nd cup...don't know what I'll be getting into today.....This is the first 4th of July I will be celebrating as a U.S. citizen. Oh yea let me light up some of those fire works.....lol lol... Some of you guys might remember I became a U.S. citizen back in Oct. Only been here 46 years..

Take care all...check in later....wife just said were going to the movies....ahhhh ok...

MKP :-)

Happy Wife = Happy Life  :D

A little Hint for those with Laminate flooring Dont use furniture polish to clean it,  (Can you say ice skating rink)  :D

Gary see your still using the Pyrex perc..................................

Happy 4th Everyone

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 6

Good afternoon my friends............

Yes Joe S.   I have become very happy with the results, and it gets used only on the weekends, as I don't have much time in the morning during the week to prep and prepare the thing.   Coffee usually out on the road or shop unit at bench otherwise.

So, a nice three day weekend for me thank goodness........ Monday off and a rehearsal that night per usual, the whole month of rehearsals cancelled for the Diamond band because of mandatory work hours WAY past the normal day :o

But, right now in the studio working on the music for BOTH shows and working with some closer photos for interest coming up NEXT.  Chuck B3, the Hammond is for you.  Won't you take a trip this way to have at it ???   All switches are GO :)  :emotion-29:

.......you'll know where to find me :wink:

• Like 7

Here, the trusty Korg Triton EX with a REAL 12AU7 in use to warm up the sound where needed..

image.jpg3_39.jpgThe genuine Hammond logo right where it should be....image.jpg2_74.jpgThe Leslie speed control made to look and work just like the vintage 'half moon' switches (no, these are NOT cheap by any means!)image.jpg4_27.jpg.....and that all controls a new, compact Leslie with the same mechanical, spinning horn and rotor with in.... Computer controlled servo motors do all the work now. This one made right here by Hammond USA ! All for now...image.jpg1_328.jpg.....Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 9