Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Not really,  :mellow: that would be like going to a bar/club in Kansas that has a mardi gras night on the weekend, same idea but not the same.

Nothing against Kansas, never been there, not even sure where it's at. :ph34r:

• Like 2

Early Evening Peeps, The Dac decision has been made, the Metrum is staying, listened till 2am last night and gotta say after some tweaks in Jriver I was rather Happy with the results

I love the Havana, but I have to admit compared to the Metrum it is veiled from top to bottom, Havana still has alot of detail and is very analog sounding, I suppose the goal of any system is to have a neutral life like presentation

The metrum has a nice analog SQ but is more open

• Like 2

I wonder what PWK was doing by climbing into this big Western Electric horn?  Maybe measuring for a new Khorn top hat? :cool:

_ PWK inspecting WE horn.jpg

So I don't stray off-topic, with my coffee this morning, I realized that I find that some cables demonstrate amazing financial properties that substantially exceed their electrical properties. These extraordinary cables can filter out money from an audiophile's bank account and deposit it in the seller's account; while leaving the audiophile happy and even boasting about how effective the cable is at doing this. :o

Seriously, if an amplifier sounds substantially different with a cable swap, I suspect that is a strong indicator of a poorly designed amplifier showing RFI sensitivity issues and transient instability in the upper frequency ranges.

post-36163-0-83800000-1436395873_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 7

with my heart trippin out, the doctor told me to back off the caffeine. For YEARS i’ve had a huge caffeine intake--drank diet coke all day long at work. Anyway, i’ve been caffeine free for about 10 days now. 

On the way to work, i stop at this little Mom & Pop donut shop and get my coffee.  I was always partial to the Hazelnut…now i’m getting the decaf.  It’s just straight decaf coffee, no flavors, they don’t even have those flavored creamers.  But, it’s still a cup of coffee…and i enjoy it.  Replaced my afternoon ice teas with bottled water.  I’m getting by.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 3

• Moderators
I wonder what PWK was doing by climbing into this big Western Electric horn?

Rumors are that's where he kept his stash, he was always having to move it, the engineers were always helping themselves.

I know it sounds crazy  

• Like 4

• Moderators

with my heart trippin out, the doctor told me to back off the caffeine. For YEARS i’ve had a huge caffeine intake--drank diet coke all day long at work. Anyway, i’ve been caffeine free for about 10 days now. 

On the way to work, i stop at this little Mom & Pop donut shop and get my coffee.  I was always partial to the Hazelnut…now i’m getting the decaf.  It’s just straight decaf coffee, no flavors, they don’t even have those flavored creamers.  But, it’s still a cup of coffee…and i enjoy it.  Replaced my afternoon ice teas with bottled water.  I’m getting by.

Moderation, don't torture yourself just cut back a good bit. A couple/three glasses of diet coke a day should be no problem compared to all day, give yourself a break. Decaf is good, I can't tell the difference really, and my favorite is Hazelnut also.

You reminded me of something I love and haven't had it in a long time. Frangelico

I'm not a doctor or stayed at holiday inn last night, but have given a few physicals if that counts ?

post-9700-0-78440000-1436417961_thumb.jp

• Like 4

• Moderators

Ok people, were leaving again, 7-10 days ?  Back to Arkansas to do some work this time and less partying, nothing like the last two times I'm guessing but you can never tell when a party will break out ?

Going to work on the Lake house at Rodneys, plumbing the upstairs bathroom since I think nothing is connected up there, is where we will start I guess ? And some work in the downstairs bathroom I think. Whatever they want or is most important I guess, to me that's the upstairs bathroom, we slept up there and I barely made it all the way downstairs in time in the middle of the night and thought they might get upset if I hung out the window and watered the pond. :o  :angry:

Just loaded up the car with a pile of tools for almost anything because I don't know what we will run into. :blink:

I will be taking my coffee and some American Honey just for emergency's, also a klipsch Roomgroove for music, no reason to rough it. 

So I'm not ignoring you, just no internet, or TV and I don't do phones

• Like 6

Steve you don't drink non alcoholic beer do you??

Kendall.  When I was in high school I worked one summer for an upholsterer.  There was no AC in any part of the building.  The owners (father and 3 sons) drank coffee all day.  The hotter it got the more they drank.  When I asked them why they did that, they said hot beverages make them sweat more and it cooled them off.  I still don't understand the logic.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Ok people, were leaving again, 7-10 days ?  Back to Arkansas to do some work this time and less partying, nothing like the last two times I'm guessing but you can never tell when a party will break out ?

Going to work on the Lake house at Rodneys, plumbing the upstairs bathroom since I think nothing is connected up there, is where we will start I guess ? And some work in the downstairs bathroom I think. Whatever they want or is most important I guess, to me that's the upstairs bathroom, we slept up there and I barely made it all the way downstairs in time in the middle of the night and thought they might get upset if I hung out the window and watered the pond. :o  :angry:

Just loaded up the car with a pile of tools for almost anything because I don't know what we will run into. :blink:

I will be taking my coffee and some American Honey just for emergency's, also a klipsch Roomgroove for music, no reason to rough it. 

So I'm not ignoring you, just no internet, or TV and I don't do phones

I will be checking in regularly! I do phones and there is updated wifi at Rodney's clubhouse! I'll update y'all in Dtel's absence. Heading out shortly. Have about a seven hour drive ahead of us!

• Like 6

morning gang,

"to hot for coffee"= words that have never left my mouth  :D

2 perspective buyers of the Havana from AA  :D , I really wish someone would have taken advanttage of it (one great sounding DAC), you are correct Detel it was a tough decision. Much closer SQ than I expected when I was jonesing for a Metrum.  Definitely at the diminished returns point, Srajan Eben of 6Moon said he felt the Metrum competed and outperformed some 5000.00 dacs and he uses / used one as his reference

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/metrum/1.html

with that I think my dac and amp upgrades are over for good, not going to improve much on the sound without spending very large loot, My source will stay digital so no more $$$$ there (except for more music)  That leaves cables and speakers / Headphones, Never been a big cable buff, I find at best they are for tone and an EQ can do more in that dept which my player has built in  :D

That leaves speakers / Headphones, upgrade days appear to be basically over  (Now I can overspend on high rez files  :o )

• Like 2