Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good Monday morning everyone!

Today, I join the retirees as our company observes July 4th on this day, a day off thank you (0;

So, a quiet morning out doors, and I am cooking breakfast outside on the deck, audio system fired up at a polite level, it is still before 8am. here so, time to make the coffee (0;

I will muster up some photos for you all......

More shortly, enjoy your morning everyone .

.....Gary

• Like 6

Bacon and eggs only.....all protein.  Bought some gluten free dog food for the Jakester.  Mixing it half and half with his old food till his digestive system adjust.

Productive weekend getting a lot done on the house and yard. 

Read DWIlawyer's thread on cartridges just now.  Can't afford most of those though Travis does writes a good review. I just need to win the lottery :)

It's Monday worker bees....go out there and make us proud :D

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 6

Morning Gang

Zip planned as this is Monday.

Retirement brings me to a Min. of everyweekend a threeday.

Coffee perkin, The Duggans is-a-waitin.

I gather everyone still has fingers attached.

post-57941-0-31800000-1436190239_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 7

Good morning all.  I'm back from forum weekend hiatus and somewhat caught up.

Glad to see you posting Mark!

Gary, I would have loved to see the show and am hacked off that I missed it.

Bruce, take care of your wife while she goes through this.  It's a good excuse to pamper her!

Hope everyone had a good 4'th.  I was reading about the gut in Maine that set a firework mortal launcher on his head and lit one.  He was killed instantly (true story, google it).  Darwin strikes again.

Bathroom is coming along slowly.  I finished building the enclosure for the can lights, and got the can lights in.  Mud is next.  I'll try to get some pictures up this week.

The soccer game was AWESOME!!!!!!  Even the casual observer would have loved that game.  The women are so incredibly skilled.  I've never seen 7 goals in a world cup finals before, men or women's.  The men's next year will be fun to watch but I'm not expecting them to bring home the cup like the women did.

• Like 7

Good morning once again gang.........

Ok, some have already been there, but if not..............outdoor breakfast cookin'  all in a photo essay for you in Fine Food and Music...   Hope you enjoy, and DO post more foodie photos there of your own...........in process and final dish pics are what it's all about if you are able, well, music too ;)

We had the iPad playing into the deck audio, Gene Harris, Vince G. Bill Evans and other jazz greats..   My neighbor Pat yelled over good morning, I invited her for coffee, but she is not drinking much of it these days.........stomach issues she says.  BUT, she asked if I would leave the music cranked so she could enjoy during her outdoor yard and pool work.   SO, she has SXM radio - 'Watercolors' all day....   I leave the grill cabinet open now, as the receiver has shut down on my twice, even with all the venting in that enclosure, it is not enough when it is hot and humid out, volume at a good clip...

All for now, more music practice here..

Oh, sorry Carl that you missed that show, it was really something.......those two organs have not sounded so good in many a year !  We were fine tuning them ALL WEEK according to what Nathan needed fixed, adjusted etc. :o

Sounds good Chuck, photos in FF&M another time ?

Enjoy your Monday everyone....

.....Gary

• Like 5

Good morning once again gang.........

Ok, some have already been there, but if not..............outdoor breakfast cookin'  all in a photo essay for you in Fine Food and Music...   Hope you enjoy, and DO post more foodie photos there of your own...........in process and final dish pics are what it's all about if you are able, well, music too ;)

We had the iPad playing into the deck audio, Gene Harris, Vince G. Bill Evans and other jazz greats..   My neighbor Pat yelled over good morning, I invited her for coffee, but she is not drinking much of it these days.........stomach issues she says.  BUT, she asked if I would leave the music cranked so she could enjoy during her outdoor yard and pool work.   SO, she has SXM radio - 'Watercolors' all day....   I leave the grill cabinet open now, as the receiver has shut down on my twice, even with all the venting in that enclosure, it is not enough when it is hot and humid out, volume at a good clip...

All for now, more music practice here..

Oh, sorry Carl that you missed that show, it was really something.......those two organs have not sounded so good in many a year !  We were fine tuning them ALL WEEK according to what Nathan needed fixed, adjusted etc. :o

Sounds good Chuck, photos in FF&M another time ?

Enjoy your Monday everyone....

.....Gary

Maybe a cabinet Fan upgrade? or build an encloser into the side of the house, still w/Fan upgrade ?

• Like 5

Good monday morning once again

Payin bills/planning trip.

Must think on where to stay this time around, all these years we have been staying at Table Rock Motel.

Looking into closer to town, eliminate the short drive and can/will stagger back to room.

Second pot-a-perkin.

Bandon has nothing really going except a music fest of some sort.

• Like 6

• Moderators
Attached Thumbnails

That movie Joe Dirt is so silly but when flipping channels and see it I laugh every time.

Been busy getting ready to go off again but glad to see everyone moving along being busy. :emotion-21:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

Maybe a cabinet Fan upgrade? or build an encloser into the side of the house, still w/Fan upgrade ?

I have small computer fans on all my garage audio components.  They'll shut down without them.  All you need is some old 12 volt case fans and a wall adapter.  I have 3 in my HT cabinet just to exhaust hot air.

• Like 6

Thanks for the fan suggestions everyone   :smile: ...........  

It is near 90 out there........audio system been on since 7:45am. NO SHUTDOWN, so leaving the cabinet door open is doing the trick nicely.....nearly SEVEN hours later :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-29:    I will be sure to shut it down by 5pm.  as that is when I am leaving for tonight's rehearsal.   I won't be home until half past nine tonight and I don't think music that loud will be appropriate at that hour unattended :wacko2: ..  

.........Gary

• Like 5

• Moderators
My neighbor Pat yelled over good morning, I invited her for coffee, but she is not drinking much of it these days.........stomach issues she says. BUT, she asked if I would leave the music cranked so she could enjoy during her outdoor yard and pool work.

Now that's the kind of neighbor to have, your lucky.

Years ago when were still landscaping, on one house we were working on the owner would ask want you want to hear today ? He had in ceiling speakers around his covered porch which went around the whole house, he would leave a satellite radio station playing all day for us when he went to work.  It was very nice of him to do that and made work even more fun.

He was a nice guy, we went back to see him after we were done and found out his favorite thing to do was sit on the porch listening to music after work and he would turn on his new sprinkler system and just watch the water spray everywhere. :o He laughed when I told him I am not responsible if he waters so much his house slides off the hill it was on. :blink:

• Like 5

Nice story there dTel !  You were on the listening end and you enjoyed it :)

I am fortunate to have not only Pat and Butch, but, since our home is on a corner lot, there is a triangle of sorts, so the other neighbor a GP doctor (when I talked to his wife recently) said they really liked what I had playing on the deck also.  

So, just yesterday morning, it was all spacey, new age music while they were on their deck which has a built in hot tub/Jacuzzi - I have one speaker aimed in both neighbor's directions, but not a single complaint, so it is really working out nicely.....very lucky indeed :D !

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 6

HA!, just noted the 'Heritage Member' thingy added to my avatar.......hmmmmm.  How'd that happen ???

Yes Billy, that is on as I type ;)

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 6

........or, Real Jazz with Les Davis everynight at 6pm. eastern.  That for YEARS now....   Used to be a channel called 'High Standards' with Paul Schwartz I think.....   Liked that a lot, then it changed to Frank Sinatra radio....  Don't listen much to that now... 

• Like 4

• Moderators

Afternoon Fellas

Not a thing happening here except comparing Dacs

Metrum Octave vs MHDT Havana....................................1 hour in and there is NO CLEAR winner  :unsure:

Between the equipment and nice headphones, I would think the weakest link is your ears. :o  :D

Well, that's some nice stuff, it was just a guess ? :P Good luck

• Like 5