Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Am sitting in a recovery room with my wife. She had surgery on her wrist, repairing an injury from last Fall. She's rather out of it... Got here at 12:00. I'm glad it's a long weekend.

Bruce

Prayers made for both you and your bride.  Hope a complete and speedy recovery is in order.

• Like 4

Am sitting in a recovery room with my wife. She had surgery on her wrist, repairing an injury from last Fall. She's rather out of it... Got here at 12:00. I'm glad it's a long weekend.

Bruce

Just catching up on posts....

Hope all is going good Bruce....

A good night to all...catch ya in the morning...

MKP :-)

• Like 3

Everyone is settled in at home...

Got home from the hospital about 7:45... I got the wifey tucked into bed and I left for the pharmacy to pick up the prescription. Came home, heated up some food and we ate (she hadn't eaten since last night).

She took some pain meds about an hour ago and is out...

This all comes from a fall she took at work last Sept., and they finally figured out a tendon that connects two bones in her wrist was torn completely. She has a pin in there now, until it heals some, whereupon they will remove the pin.

What a day.

Gary, I would have loved to have listened to the performances. Should have shot Mallette a message to let him know...

btw, what church was this held in, I must have missed it?

Bruce

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 8

Good morning everyone!

Thanks so much for 'tuning in' (those that caught it) and for your lovely comments! Yes, he is a young guy and extremely well schooled and his rehearsal schedule was daily and ALL week and would start in the late evening and end around 5 am.! and then he would sleep during the day !!

His service hit list for us was extensive and needed attention each day by a separate crew, while I was out with another coworker to tune for the other concert organs of the day.. I guess our organ company have become the heroes it seems.... (0:

The boss has given us options to start yesterday and today a few hours later since we are on call each day until 10pm. or so each night when the events conclude for the evening.

So, today, I have one last organ to tune up and that concert starts at 4pm. I will take some photos and send along if I am lucky to have wifi..

Then, off to the Merriot hotel tonight (where most of the 300 guests are staying) the grand and final dinner which will conclude the week long convention..... ;0)

Bruce, the space is Abby Chapel at Mount Holyoke College.....

Just finished a breakfast, and gearing up for the day... After all this, we get Monday off as our 4th of July holiday, but, rehearsals for the Diamond Collection start up again that night! I have not touched ANY music for the week, so, I got much last minute craming for that and the special 'The Perfect Storm' rock show I am in, which is July 11th. There will be only ONE rehearsal for that show, so, that performance will be living on the edge for sure.

Oh, coffee was Starbuck's Italian roast, Whole Foods English muffins etc.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to cover as much as I could..

More later........stay tuned ;0)) Enjoy your day, music and anything else that produces a smile (0:

........Gary

• Like 6

Morning Gang

I wish to Thank those many emails of support during my break.

Being my only Audio forum out of the other three, i do not wish to give up easy.

It has been pointed out to me we all have our "Weasels" be it here or out in life.

And that is all i will say about that.

It's been warm here and not letting up, 80 in the cave, 50% Humid.

After a couple cups of coffee (out of the Duggans) it's Ant patrol time again, currently holding them at the property line.

These little black ants are on the attack for water, not sweets or grease ants, every time it heats up, they come.

Top of the day to you all.

And have a safe 4th.

• Like 10

Well hello there, its been a while.  I have been lurking :ph34r:  and reading when I can.  Haven't had much time to post. 

Looks like everyone has been busy, from Garys convention, to Tarheel's G.M. Diet, to Carl's whole house remodel. 

Joe I hope you get that car running, I'm sure you'll get it figured out. 

Sounds like Mark has been helping the farmers some more.

Marvel glad to hear your wife is doing well.  Hope she continues to improve. 

Well folks back to the grind, as things don't stop around here.  I remember when I first had my daughter 12 years ago, my neighbor told me that my kids will keep me busy.  Oh boy was he right about that.  If its not sports, its some sort of model, or band, or anything for that matter.  But these are memories I will cherish and continue to enjoy.   After coffee its to the store, I know Dtel, and MKP love going to the store.  But I have to get a brisket, ribs, stuff for salads for the second biggest celebration tomorrow, that we have.  We will gather some fireworks, clean the garage(ugh I don't want to clean the garage).  Then by 11 tonight I will have the brisket on the Ugly drum Smoker.   I have to hurry and get back home so I can park at the dead end of the street, before everyone else does. 

Got to run fellows, take care.

• Like 7

Good morning denizens.   Community Coffee was on half price so I am trying their dark roast signature blend as a change.  It's pretty smooth and rich, not bad at all.  Enjoy your weekend!  Don't forget the big game on Sunday.  USA USA USA...

• Like 7

Morning folks.  Impressive performance Gary and your love for your work shines through :emotion-21:   Thanks for thinking of your forum buds with the photos and link.  I knew Dave wouldn't want to miss it so I messaged him (not to be confused with massaged) :unsure2:

Welcome back Mark.....you were missed.

Hope things are going well with Marvel and wife.

Got the 42 year old R2R spinning some tunes through the newly hooked up Quicksilver preamp.  Sold the Blueberry Extreme with Cream and 6H30 super tube this week.  A mighty fine preamp with Mark's upgrades. 

LF still in W.VA.....

Raining here so no bike riding :( and no grass mowing :)

Breakfast with 3 other old geezers done as is coffee (Mayorga) and Jake's walk.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 9

Afternoon guys.... no shop today, me and the wife took the day off. We have dentist app this afternoon. Got to roll out in about an hour. Were just getting a check up and a cleaning this time. Well the wife is getting her crown put on.

Stayed late at the shop last night, had to take care of the used car lot guys. There are "ok" guys....but man they get under my skin sometimes. They always want there work done NOW and CHEAPER.......I told them......find another shop!!! They know I treat them right....hey there used car guys....

Well gotta roll...check in later...wishing all a great day...

MKP :-)

• Like 6