Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Thanks guys!   Yes, it is a cool finish for sure, kind of a cranberry/burgundy, ultra polished look...   It has ALL the power/sound of the 400 lb. 'beast' all in a 35 lb. package. 

The Leslie is also downsized from the original, but packs 100watts instead of the original 40w.  Weighs in at 75lbs. vs. 150lbs. of my other model out in the garage :)  

Driver wise, it has a liquid cooled HORN assembly on top, still crossed over at the original 800Hz.  And, instead of the 15" bass driver, there is a 12" so between the smaller cab and bass driver, a little shy on bass as in the original in the very lowest notes, but it makes plenty in the ranges that are important ;) .

Nice thing is, it has a TUBE preamp at least and LOTS of audio adjustments INCLUDING rotor speed limits at both slow and fast rotation.   I have to say, Hammond USA got it right, and continues to listen to us musicians for suggestions and features :D ...

...........back on the side............   practice, practice....   :wacko:

• Like 5

Make him an outside cat.

Lol, thinking that is what we will have now. Give a cat a job month, I guess!

It already has a name now...billybobcat! I will tell her you called it!

This just reminded me of yesterday...

A friend of mine got a baby fainting goat a couple weeks ago.  I saw it yesterday and he told me the whole story and it cracked me up.  From him picking it up in his 1990's Cadillac Deville and transporting it home in a dog crate in the back seat, to the creative name he gave it...that's right "Billy" , to experiencing it actually faint.  He is getting more comfortable with his new home with chickens and roosters sharing the digs.  Kind of makes me wish I had jumped on a Free CL ad a week ago with several free fainting goats.  Maybe they are the ticket to helping me maintain the garlic mustard and buckthorn growth.

I am not hip to the goat you are writing about. My word, must be something to see.

Thanks,didn't know

• Like 1

Mornin' guys and Happy Monday. Just getting caught up. Good day yesterday ... mostly in the yard and then hickory smoking ribs for us and a guest.

Gary .. that rig looks great! Would love to hear (play) it. Good to hear that Hammond USA got it right. I love my old Leslie but I'll bet the newer stuff will sound just as good and be more reliable long term. Have fun!!

Man, I have nothing to add to the goat story. The only word that comes to mind is 'cabrito' (spelling?) but is probable inapporpriate so I won't mention it! Have a good day and cheers.

• Like 4

Morning folks.  Coffee, breakfast, Jake's walk, call from LF....all done.  Heading out later for lunch with a couple of old geezers to have lunch at a dive bar with great burgers.  Called Winnie's Tavern.   Will chase it all down with a cold beer and then back on the diet tomorrow.

Been watching a series called Orphan Black.....on demand.  Not too bad! 

Just thinking it would be nice to be able to post videos over 2MB on a special thread on the forum.  Been posting some on FB with the R2Rs in action and the tubes lit up.  Surprised how few of the young folks know anything about old analog gear.

Everyone appears to be keeping busy......especially Gary.   I agreed to another volunteer job picking up unsold items (pillows, blankets) from a Restore and taking it to the shelter for dogs. 

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 8

Afternoon guys...

just got caught up on what's going on...coffee all done, gotta go to the store with the wife...I hate the store!!!!  Oh well gotta do what I gotta do.

Check in later.......she's yelling for me....

MKP :-)

Yelling for you , or AT YOU  :D

Morning guys, has cooled down here a bit, car issue hopefully solved looks like the wires are original as they are very brittle at the ends and breaking, got bored and pulled the wire off cyl 1 and found it broken at the plug end, performed a temp repair as I did on cyl 2, Off to get a wire set today Hopefully not to Expensive

Later

• Like 5

Good morning everyone....

Thanks Chuck, I really wish you could hear it, just like the vintage counterpart :0)

Here at Tanglewood to set up the organ console for the BSO organist for a concert he is performing for the Organ Historical Society Convention... About 300 convention goers will arrive around 1:00 pm. His performance with a guest oboist is rehearsing now and it sound wonderful...

I have done some tuning, a little more to go before showtime and the arrival of our company owner, VP. and co-worker as well...

So, I got some photos.....

Here is who put on a show last night !! image.jpg1_316.jpgHere, the organist is working on the music....image.jpg2_70.jpg

More later if I get a chance to post..... Enjoy the day my friends ...... ;0)

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 8

Good monday Morning gang

Since i dont do Mondays, no farm today.

100 today 105 Tuesday, peachy, im good to 88 in the Cave W/Fans.

Got the neighbor kid to help me move Two of the McM horns stacked in the wifes garage.

They were blocking my attic access and that is where i keep all my Wire&Cables.

Hard to get anything done when the sun starts burning you up at 10am :emotion-41:

• Like 8

• Moderators
Afternoon guys... just got caught up on what's going on...coffee all done, gotta go to the store with the wife...I hate the store!!!! Oh well gotta do what I gotta do.

That's easy to fix do like I did, I love to cook so I want to buy almost everything, and be sure to be hungry at the time, I never have to go to the store anymore.

If it's not a grocery just as soon as she picks up the first thing to look at say ok your ready, were done right. You will never have to go to either again, it works.

• Like 7

Afternoon Gang

Iv not got further than the Cave, cant think of any reason to.

Iced Tea, and trying to think of what i can put in it.

Really have not drank much of what we bought on the trip back east.

Sampled a little here and there, the Gin is now the wifes, Too Fizzie/bitter, good though.

BM mix is the bomb, cannot drink more than two. posted the website somewhere here.

• Like 6

Hey all. As you may or may not remember (sometimes I forget) I'm in the middle of a bathroom gut and remodel.  I had grandiose plans of what I would accomplish this weekend after having been out of state last weekend and accomplishing nothing then.  As I was on my way to the kitchen I noticed a wet spot on the living room carpet and asked my wife what it was.  She said, "I think I spilled water there last night".  You "think" you spilled water?  You don't "know" if you spilled water?  Alarms in my head went off.  The Berber carpet in out living room will bead up water spills and it won't soak in.  This was coming from the bottom up.  Looking around, I could see the oak floor planks edges in an adjacent room starting to raise slightly.  CRAP!  There's no water sources close to the wet carpet so that only left one thing.  AC condensation.  Sure enough, the drain in the attic (where the evaporator is) had stopped up and water was going inside and down the walls and weeping across the floors.  Not only did I get to spend some quality time in the attic clearing the drain (if you don't have a drain king in you arsenal GET ONE), I had to pull an entire corner of my living rooms carpet and pad to dry.  We ran fans all weekend and it looked pretty good this morning.  What a mess.  The bathroom project got put off again. 

• Like 6