Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Off to the Quarter truck wash, more like the $10 wash, then........

interesting...it cost the same at the quarter wash here in Indiana as well lol 10 bucks even in the winter(or summer)...out in Cali everythings high bux....Even in the 90's i remember sending my buddys cartons of cigs cause they were $4 a pack back then(just to name one)let alone rent etc...I have no idea how much they are there now...there $5 a pack here lol so I figure cigs are like $10 a pack out there nowadays...

• Like 1

$4 a pack back then

Thats why I quite the first time, I was in Seattle for some training . I walked to the nearest gas station to buy a pack. When I seen they were 4.50 before tax I walked out and quite for a good amount of time. Now I am back off the smokes, I have only had 4 since news years, its hard when I get to drinking.

• Like 1

Ode To The Other Cable Thread

We got started in a fever hotter than a pepper sprout

We been talkin 'bout cables and coffee ever since the other thread petered out........

Seriously as so many have sent me PMs asking me about my cable preference.....this is what I say....If you can hear a difference go ahead and plug them all the way in :mellow:

YMMV

• Like 5

• Moderators
Wow....unheard of...I slept till 8 o'clock. Just finished my first cuppa joe. We had a substantial rain last night and it has cooled off a bit. Got to go feed the lady friend's cat shortly.

So that retirement thing is starting to work, 8 o'clock is a good start.

Go feed the lady friends cat, never heard it put quite like that :lol:

• Like 2

$4 a pack back then

Thats why I quite the first time, I was in Seattle for some training . I walked to the nearest gas station to buy a pack. When I seen they were 4.50 before tax I walked out and quite for a good amount of time. Now I am back off the smokes, I have only had 4 since news years, its hard when I get to drinking.

I do smoke(and im not on fire lol)...idk...my wife tells me im not nice when i dont have cigs so she buys them for me...smoke about a pack every time im done with the pack im smoking i grab another(something like that 5-10 per day)...

drinking is a diff story...if im sippin some shine i gotta have a pack or il flip out(that may because of the anti si cotics im on idk lol)...

I actually try not to drink although have a very nice collection that will likely end up at the next klipsch pilgrim gathering in 351 days...

I do dip too...i sleep with dip in actually...its like xanax to me(not that i need more lol) but it does calm me down most of the time...heck i remember it being under $1 a can and im not quite 40...now its approx $2.80 per can grizzly...usually get coupons and that helps.

Ah ha..So you one of them annoying effers that quit then get drunk and smoke all my smokes :lol: Just kiddin bro lol I usually buy ya a pack at that point then yer wife dont like me cause you tell her i got ya started back up lol

My ex wife use to smoke a carton of menthols a day lol little tiny gal too lol my gawd...really im talking at least 4 pks a day for real! Back then money was nothing i made great money then she made about double what i made....then i divorced and im 1 poor happy fella lol that cant quit cause im not very nice...I dont know...I can quit for days when i have to...and for special meet ups i keep smelling good but the real me smokes lol its a bad habit and ya never can have enough of them ya know lol :D

• Moderators
So a heads up on the impending "Audio acquiring road trip"

Sounds like it's going to be a fun trip, you and the wifey out of town and your picking up speakers, could it get much better ?

• Like 1

• Moderators
I do smoke(and im not on fire lol)...idk...my wife tells me im not nice when i dont have cigs so she buys them for me...smoke about a pack every time im done with the pack im smoking i grab another(something like that 5-10 per day)...

You do know smoking is bad for you ?

OK just kidding, I smoke also, doesn't that just sound dumb, do people really think you don't know it's bad for you when they say that ? Just tell them, If I don't smoke what will you have to whine about ?

Really I quit regular cigarettes about a year ago, I only smoke joints now, it really forced me to cut back because I would forget where I put them I was so loaded and was always smiling. :o

Ok the real truth, I did quit regular cigarettes about a year ago for a electronic cigarette. It took a little getting use to but it is about 10% the cost of analog cigs after the cost of the equipment. After switching I felt like I really quit, I know what that feels like because I did it for a few months years ago.

All I get is nicotine now which is not as bad, not great but better than before, it's on the list of my bad habits which I will quit, or not ?

With the extra $ saved I buy alcohol and drugs, so was it better for me to quit ?............Ok I was kidding about that, sorry I can't help myself , probably the left over weed residue from my first time trying to quit affecting my brain ? :D

• Like 1

Ah ha..So you one of them annoying effers that quit then get drunk and smoke all my smokes Just kiddin bro lol I usually buy ya a pack at that point then yer wife dont like me cause you tell her i got ya started back up lol

Nah my wife is the one that smokes, so she supports the habit ha. If I know its going to be one of those nights I usually go for American spirits or big fat maduro cigar. That way I am not a bum, who bums smokes from all my friends.

Gosh 4 packs a day, I couldn't even make it through a single pack when I did smoke. I wouldn't mind it if it didn't stink, or kill me.

Really I quit regular cigarettes about a year ago, I only smoke joints now, it really forced me to cut back because I would forget where I put them I was so loaded and was always smiling.

Funny when I was 19 I really did try this, the problem was after every joint I wanted a cigarette so it didn't work to well. Now those days are gone, .................................................I forgot what I was saying, it will come back to me.

• Like 1

You do know smoking is bad for you ?

OK just kidding, I smoke also, doesn't that just sound dumb, do people really think you don't know it's bad for you when they say that ? Just tell them, If I don't smoke what will you have to whine about ?

Really I quit regular cigarettes about a year ago, I only smoke joints now, it really forced me to cut back because I would forget where I put them I was so loaded and was always smiling. :o

Ok the real truth, I did quit regular cigarettes about a year ago for a electronic cigarette. It took a little getting use to but it is about 10% the cost of analog cigs after the cost of the equipment. After switching I felt like I really quit, I know what that feels like because I did it for a few months years ago.

All I get is nicotine now which is not as bad, not great but better than before, it's on the list of my bad habits which I will quit, or not ?

With the extra $ saved I buy alcohol and drugs, so was it better for me to quit ?............Ok I was kidding about that, sorry I can't help myself , probably the left over weed residue from my first time trying to quit affecting my brain ? :D

Im right there with you! No doubt lol hahahahahahahahaha very funny and true....people just like to *****....I enjoy smoking just wish i could enjoy it legally lol jk no im not well kinda lol idk i just need to keep busy even while im busy...its always something lol cheers!

Really I quit regular cigarettes about a year ago, I only smoke joints now, it really forced me to cut back because I would forget where I put them I was so loaded and was always smiling.

Funny when I was 19 I really did try this, the problem was after every joint I wanted a cigarette so it didn't work to well. Now those days are gone, .................................................I forgot what I was saying, it will come back to me.

A very good friend of mine...very successful friend actually does just this and it worked...as of 2 years ago last we met up he only smoked lefthanders...I do understand and tried myself and its the same with me...I enjoy 1 in each hand so to speak...very carefully... :ph34r::wacko::lol::D:)

Ah ha..So you one of them annoying effers that quit then get drunk and smoke all my smokes Just kiddin bro lol I usually buy ya a pack at that point then yer wife dont like me cause you tell her i got ya started back up lol

Nah my wife is the one that smokes, so she supports the habit ha. If I know its going to be one of those nights I usually go for American spirits or big fat maduro cigar. That way I am not a bum, who bums smokes from all my friends.

Gosh 4 packs a day, I couldn't even make it through a single pack when I did smoke. I wouldn't mind it if it didn't stink, or kill me.

yeah she was a champ :lol:

kinda strange smokin' dope is OK;

but, not a pipe, cigar, cigarette...

yeah...its amazing what people dont know about others once they are in their own home...and the people wondering and dont know what other people are doing are doing things that are just as bad if not more bad(worse)...Some people need to keep their status as clean so they duck below and others do not care and stand above....private lives of even the preacher...honestly if anybody other than god only knew how to sort through it all...Not that anything should matter as long as nobody is being hurt in the process...I better back off there or political differences or the like may be raised and following...

God Bless Everybody!! Bottoms Up!!!

• Moderators

kinda strange smokin' dope is OK;

but, not a pipe, cigar, cigarette...

I think none of it should be a problem, as long as your not imposing your habit onto others. They say my rights stop right where yours starts.

I love the smell of cigars and pipes, and tried them but have not found any that taste as good as they smell.

Cigarettes stink I know from experience but have ran across people who don't smoke who also stink.

Weed in some cases can smell good, I don't think of it as dope, it's a plant which is not processed by man only dried and not made to be something else as in poppy plants or coca leaves to change it.

I have enough years of experience with weed and alcohol to know, if I had a say, alcohol should be illegal and weed legal just by looking at the side affects, health, and possibility of dependency.

There are so many really dangerous man made drugs out there today which do a lot of damage and are extremely addicting it's scary.

Edited by dtel