Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

ours is around 12 foot, and well worth it.

There not anything special to look at but like you said there well worth it. There kind of strange you never know when it's going to bloom and the flowers are small, you usually smell it before you see the flowers. It's a little different than the gardenias the tea olive smell really sticks around the area more, you definitely don't have to walk up to it to smell it like most flowers.

It is very pleasant, and is exactly like you explained.

I was told the magnolia was a bush as well, and needed to be trimmed into a tree. I will take a look at the olive tree, as I need something to cover the smell of the dogs bi products. That way the wife doesn't have a reason not to go out there and clean it up.

The Tea Olive or Sweet Olive if you can get it there in a pot, preferably already of say a 2 or 3 foot size should help alot, as *dtel and I were commenting on. Permeating nice odor. I say a pot, so it can come in shelter if not hearty enough for your climate.

Good fortune with the Magnolia. There are different varieties per my GF.

Morning folks, I woke up to my house a little cooler then what I had the ac set to. Turns out if is fairly cooler at side, which I don't think has been good for my magnolia plant. I havent seen this thing bloom in 2 years. I was hoping this year, but now it even is taking a while to get some green leaves, turns out the morning sun can trick it to bloom, but then colder weather damages the blooms. I am sure it will turn out, just need to be patient.

Did not know you had native(?) magnolia plant/trees in Nebraska of all places. Amazing!

We have a tree here and she says it has to be around 15 foot or so to start blooming.

Must be a hybrid plant?

Sorry for the 3rd degree.

I don't know if it's native to Nebraska or not. I have seen quite a few around, and they sell many at the nurseries. I all so read it takes them 10-15 years to start flowering, maybe that's how long it all so takes them to grow 10-15 feet. I know the first year we planted it, it bloomed flowers the following year.

We will have to wait and see.

Had one outside the 3rd floor window where I used to work. It was taller then the window. I don't recall seeing the top of the tree. The building has been there since the 30's or 40's and I would bet the tree was planted as part of the landscape at that time. Beautiful when it would bloom.

• Like 1

• Moderators
There are different varieties per my GF.

There are many different varieties, the two we have that are the same are southern magnolia or grandiflora, our state tree and it's flower is our state flower. We have a different variety called sweetbay magnolia, the leaves have a scent like the bay leaf, you can rub it on your skin to keep away mosquitos. It does not get full like many magnolias and really don't look like a magnolia.

Another popular magnolia we used on jobs was the little gem magnolia, it's a nice growing smaller version and is usually found as a tall full and thick looking shrub, but it can be trimmed to look like a normal magnolia and it grows to over 20'.

• Like 1

There are different varieties per my GF.

There are many different varieties, the two we have that are the same are southern magnolia or grandiflora, our state tree and it's flower is our state flower. We have a different variety called sweetbay magnolia, the leaves have a scent like the bay leaf, you can rub it on your skin to keep away mosquitos. It does not get full like many magnolias and really don't look like a magnolia.

Another popular magnolia we used on jobs was the little gem magnolia, it's a nice growing smaller version and is usually found as a tall full and thick looking shrub, but it can be trimmed to look like a normal magnolia and it grows to over 20'.

The one we have is around 40 foot tall and healthy even in partial shade. At first she said Bull Bay Magnolia, but then came down to this description:

http://www.naturecoasttree.com/page.aspx?id=3281

Coffee

Edited by billybob

• Moderators
The one we have is around 40 foot tall and healthy even in partial shade.

That's the first one I think of as when I think magnolia, I didn't know how many different varieties there were so I looked it up, it's 80, I had no idea there were that many.

• Like 1

• Moderators
They make quite a mess also when they start sprinkling your yard with big waxy leaves and tree debris

Your right and the leaves are also very thick and tough, when I cut the grass around them the finishing mower does not even cut them to pieces in one shot like most leaves, good thing they don't loose leaves a lot.

• Moderators
Then found out I had to go to the grocery store. Fun fun.

Haven't been to the grocery store in years, I'm not allowed because I love to eat and cook and I want everything. I do get to help unload he car when she gets home, that's as close as I get.

I am shocked at the prices, it's crazy. :(

• Like 2

Top of the Morning to all the moms out there, kids want to take mom out for the day, this is a good thing.

Gives me time to drag out the table saw and wack filler pcs for the input on the Khorn lowers, frys had some nice gold plated posts so that will get done today.

Totally spaced buying the pipe insulation for the narrow back sealing strip(s), (HD three blocks away).

Just been rebuilding these like a snail I have, the thought of those bells coming in on race weekend have slowed me down, my fear is she will want the bells over the Khorns, Im ok with that, but they will also need a new crossover set up.

Really want to go with Deans on the Bells, kept the Khorns stock just because I have this feeling I may need to let them go.

• Like 2

Down poor here, nice to set and enjoy a couple cups of fresh brewed from a freshly cleaned coffee maker. To be honest I don't notice any difference, maybe its just the though of having a cleaner coffee maker. Oh and yes you heard me correctly, I cleaned the coffee maker. Last but not least Happy Mothers day to all the Mothers out there. Enjoy your day and be well.

• Like 3

also waking up the neighbors of course with a little..... http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bT8FEOJEFcI

Holy sheep, that could wake the neighbors and the dead :o:D Not something you might fall asleep listening to but rather drink a few shots to get fired up with :emotion-19:

Couple of Coronas w/breakfast, kids are takin mom to the zoo, I get get a little table saw time, and a good dose of SPL @ levels that should Pizz off someone.

Break time, filler panels done, I like these new filler 6"X7"s with the Pos/Neg terminals better, I always imagine myself in a dark corner trying to find Pos/Neg, Two terms are better than the doubles on the original plate.

Thought about wiring them direct, however I wish to remove the Hornhead with min effort, much easier to transport.

• Like 2

A new week begins! Already filed a motion this morning (isn't the brave new world of the internet amazing?), had three cups of coffee, fed the dogs, and put a coat of lacquer on the new risers and it is only 7:15.

I like this daylight savings time!

• Like 1

I get more done before 10:00 am than I do for the ret of the day. when I was a kind (under 20) you could not get me out of bed. Now at 5:00 am my eyes pop open and that is it. Of course at 9:00 pm I am a zombie.

• Like 1