Thread CRAPPING Honey Pot

Thaddeus Smith

I don't think the vapor is his real problem.

For a 5 dollar donation, he'll tell you what the real problem is.

Well the preacher kept right on saying that all I had to do was send

Ten dollars to the church of the Sacred Bleeding Heart Of Jesus

Located somewhere in Los Angeles, California

And next week they'd say my prayer on the radio

And all my dreams would come true

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone looked at TV with the caption feature?  Ever notice that sometimes it says "somber music" but if you are deaf how would you know somber music from happy music?  Isn't it a bit like saying bright light or dim light to a blind person?  or electric blue or vermillion red?  How about boy band music or punk rock?

My wife likes to watch movies with 'closed captions' turned on, so she can learn more English vocabulary. That would be okay if they were the same words as what was actually being said. Sometimes they are way off...

Bruce

Edited by Marvel

Has anyone looked at TV with the caption feature?  Ever notice that sometimes it says "somber music" but if you are deaf how would you know somber music from happy music?  Isn't it a bit like saying bright light or dim light to a blind person?  or electric blue or vermillion red?  How about boy band music or punk rock?

i see your point; but, not all are blind/deaf from birth.  i won’t be surprised if i’m totally deaf some day...80% of hearing is already gone. when that say comes, i don’t know who will be better off--them for not knowing what they’re missing or me for having had the chance to hear.

Thread crap away. No defined topic, rabbit-hole 'till your heart is content. Shake off that excess snark. Dump your mildly inappropriate pictures. Enjoy it while the mod gods permit its existence...

Huh? How is this different from every other thread?  

No one is trying to act intellectually superior.

No personal attacks.

No circular logic.

No locks or reports.

No pontification.

Humor.

No ones feelings getting hurt.

i see your point; but, not all are blind/deaf from birth.  i won’t be surprised if i’m totally deaf some day...80% of hearing is already gone. when that say comes, i don’t know who will be better off--them for not knowing what they’re missing or me for having had the chance to hear.

The weird part is, similar to what Marvel points out with the words and spelling errors, that at one point the caption said somber music, then later it said dramatic music but the music was exactly the same each time...

Thread crap away. No defined topic, rabbit-hole 'till your heart is content. Shake off that excess snark. Dump your mildly inappropriate pictures. Enjoy it while the mod gods permit its existence...

Huh? How is this different from every other thread?  

No one is trying to act intellectually superior.

No personal attacks.

No circular logic.

No locks or reports.

No pontification.

Humor.

No ones feelings getting hurt.

The OP said:"Thread crap away. No defined topic, rabbit-hole 'till your heart is content. Shake off that excess snark. Dump your mildly inappropriate pictures. Enjoy it while the mod gods permit its existence..."

I guess the minders get to ignore the OP intentions anyway? Funny. In a very small way. 

Don't be so afraid of intelligence people - -- it will not harm you. Not everything in the world has to be dumbed down to "NUMB" on the dial.