Thread CRAPPING Honey Pot

Thaddeus Smith

Does anyone know what "passive aggressive" means?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Is that what happens when you eat too many bran muffins ?

No. It's when people are fearful of direct contact and prefer to snipe and criticize from under a "blanket" to provide them a false sense of cover. E.g. " I wasn't talking about you. Did you see me quoting you? Did I mention your name? "

Does this still fit your definition of civil, Dave?

Let me explain. If you are passive aggressive, and post a flagrantly insulting pictures or nameless insults, that's COOL! Even hip! Especially for the kids. if you put more than twenty words together in a readable sentence directed explicitly to a person as a rebuttal, that's going to be uncivil. That's why I am wondering if anyone knows the meaning of passive aggressive hounding? I'm guessing, no.

People literally get away with, "I didn't use your name!" And that's how contumacious behavior goes perpetually unchallenged. Dtels posts yesterday being the prime example, followed by Jimbo, t2k, Thad, ceca and the rest of the army of PAs.

"Anything that makes you want MORE FOOD, is a really dangerously unhealthy thing to add."

Since the thread this came from is closed, I just wanted to inform you that studies show eating chilies with your food results in eating less, not more, plus speeds the metabolism, which is a healthy thing.  But hey, I have no problem if you enjoy a bland diet, that's your call to make.  As an anecdote however, the only person I know who prefers bland, and has an uncanny knack for making anything bland, exhibits the most passive aggressive behavior I have ever seen---probably into the realm of an actual personality disorder.  Isn't family wonderful?

"Anything that makes you want MORE FOOD, is a really dangerously unhealthy thing to add."

Since the thread this came from is closed, I just wanted to inform you that studies show eating chilies with your food results in eating less, not more, plus speeds the metabolism, which is a healthy thing. But hey, I have no problem if you enjoy a bland diet, that's your call to make. As an anecdote however, the only person I know who prefers bland, and has an uncanny knack for making anything bland, exhibits the most passive aggressive behavior I have ever seen---probably into the realm of an actual personality disorder. Isn't family wonderful?

I've no doubt those benefits are true. My comment was way too brief to express my hypothesis. Here it is in a nutshell: people are eating too much food on the whole. Partly, because they are ensnared in the food culture -the perpetual ubiquitous promotion of food and eating. To put food back into the perspective of "food is fuel, not entertainment" I recommend going bland, so that high flavor doesn't become a motivator to eat.

Does that make sense relative to my comment? The health benefit you pointed out notwithstanding.

Edited by jo56steph74

Yes it makes sense.  My sister-in-law has the food is nothing but fuel ethos, expressed from childhood.  That's what prompted me to include the anecdote pertinent to passive aggression.  I disagree that food is only just fuel because this negates the history of mankind and the social evolution it engendered.

Yes it makes sense. My sister-in-law has the food is nothing but fuel ethos, expressed from childhood. That's what prompted me to include the anecdote pertinent to passive aggression. I disagree that food is only just fuel because this negates the history of mankind and the social evolution it engendered.

Indeed it does. I see it as a defensive remedy against the industrial food business that tries to fatten the population for profit. I try to convince people who have health problems from over eating too use this tool as a defense.

Yes it makes sense.  My sister-in-law has the food is nothing but fuel ethos, expressed from childhood.  That's what prompted me to include the anecdote pertinent to passive aggression.  I disagree that food is only just fuel because this negates the history of mankind and the social evolution it engendered.

I consider that BigFood is waging a war against the population. Every dollar rise in their stock price or annual dividend is represented by another inch of girth on the public's waist. As weight goes up, health and health care cost rises accordingly. The more they win, the more unhealthy we become. Or, stated more scientifically, the economic improvement in food companies is inversely proportional to the nation's health. 

The weapon of choice for BigFood is enhanced flavor. The sugar, salt, fat and spice howitzer that is aimed at every person in the population from birth to death. So that in fact what they call "food" isn't actually food. It's a synthetic concoction not possible in nature and never before seen or experienced by humans until the past couple generations. 

Food is not play. It would be nice to be able to balance health with a good food experience, which I think was the essence of your comment about history, but BigFood isn't cooperating. And, what I have observed, by watching lots of overweight people I know is that if they are even one toe into the food culture, they are unable to create that balance. Not because of will power. No, that's not it. It's because the chemical attractants built into modern synthetic food are as addictive as heroin. 

For me, it's either in or out. I can't see a middle ground that works.