Thread CRAPPING Honey Pot

Thaddeus Smith

The thing is, regarding the subject of self respect, is that there is a difference between that and mucking it up just for fun. I have little doubt that Einstein would not gladly join in for the piglet chase at the rodeo, even though I also have little doubt that he had a healthy dose of self respect. You can do and have both.

Mucking it up doesn't bother me, even though not my thing. It's the resentment for being right, for knowing something for being smart has become palpable, and very ugly. Everyone wants a trophy for a D+. Pull the convo down to their level so they can win. When you don't take a dive for them you get.... Shut up! Yer self righteous! Whine, whine!

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Intelligence or thinking you are means little it you are just filled to the brim with self righteousness.

Who do you really think your fooling ? You have been had for a long time now........pretty much from the begining.

Actually, it means a lot. Sorry, but "self righteous" is the wrong insult to attempt hurling at me. First, I am rarely wrong and certainly YOU have never been able to point that out, so you would have no way to judge the rightness of anything I say. And, let's understand that being "right" is not considered a sin anywhere in the world except maybe here.

I'm thinking now of those poor saps that used to have to face a Nolan Ryan fastball. "It's not fair to throw 105MPH." Uh, yes it is. Batter up!

When did America get to be the place where so many resented so much about intelligence? Just look this place. Doesn't anyone have any self respect? I do. So, kill me.

shut up mark. there's no room for this garbage in this thread.

You don't be happy until everyone is stupid. Sorry kid, not me.

• Moderators

Intelligence or thinking you are means little it you are just filled to the brim with self righteousness. 

Who do you really think your fooling ? You have been had for a long time now........pretty much from the begining.

Actually, it means a lot. Sorry, but "self righteous" is the wrong insult to attempt hurling at me. First, I am rarely wrong and certainly YOU have never been able to point that out, so you would have no way to judge the rightness of anything I say. And, let's understand that being "right" is not considered a sin anywhere in the world except maybe here. 

I'm thinking now of those poor saps that used to have to face a Nolan Ryan fastball. "It's not fair to throw 105MPH." Uh, yes it is. Batter up! 

When did America get to be the place where so many resented so much about intelligence? Just look this place. Doesn't anyone have any self respect? I do. So, kill me.

Who said it was about you ?     Did i quote you or direct anything at you ?

I use whatever words i decide, correct or not in your opinion. 

If I were talking about you deciding who is "right" or not is not up to you, this could be why you say your rarely wrong if your the one to decide right from wrong.

I come here for fun, not to debate or choose correct wording, notice I never debated in the old BS section, no interest.  The way people speak or the words they choose is not a very accurate way of deciding IQ of someone, this can be very very misleading.

With all due respect, intelligence and provocation for amusement is not synonymous - albeit somewhat common.

IQ is a measurement of the "ability to learn", not "how smart" one is nor the amount of information the mind has absorbed.

Maybe those IQ points would be more useful in this realization rather than continual antagonistic behavior or long explanatory rebuttals.   :P

Edited by Arrow#422
  • Like 1

Who was this directed to dtel?

Intellectually, it's not how you say it but what you say. Socially, it's not what you say but how you say it.

You know, this is fascinating. When I speak, no one thinks it's polite because I try to be right. It's a sin for being too intellectual and taken as socially rude. Right? But for me, all this infantile jabbering is an embarrassment to me just reading it, and imagining that these are grown men. Honestly, I find stupidity to be insulting.

That's how different times have become. In my era, smarts was an attribute and snappy conversation that challenged one was a high art. Now? If you don't bring it down to either nonsense or, just very dull droll level with a picture, you get your ears boxed. You don't get corrected, you get chastised by the resentful.

You're right to ask, why bother then? My answer is that there were 6 smart people here that made for really fun discussions. And, I know for fact they liked it. But they get beat down too.

• Like 1

PM sent - you're it.

• Like 1

• Moderators

He knows who he is.

• Like 1

F

Intellectually, it's not how you say it but what you say. Socially, it's not what you say but how you say it.

You know, this is fascinating. When I speak, no one thinks it's polite because I try to be right. It's a sin for being too intellectual and taken as socially rude. Right? But for me, all this infantile jabbering is an embarrassment to me just reading it, and imagining that these are grown men. Honestly, I find stupidity to be insulting.

That's how different times have become. In my era, smarts was an attribute and snappy conversation that challenged one was a high art. Now? If you don't bring it down to either nonsense or, just very dull droll level with a picture, you get your ears boxed. You don't get corrected, you get chastised by the resentful.

You're right to ask, why bother then? My answer is that there were 6 smart people here that made for really fun discussions. And, I know for fact they liked it. But they get beat down too.

Frustration is understandable, but know this:  the truly smart/intelligent person can adapt to his/her surroundings in a seamless fashion.  One might consider this ability to be the essence of intelligence.

• Like 1

Or has he already?

When you find yourself in danger,
When you're threatened by a stranger,
When it looks like you will take a lickin', (puk, puk, puk)
There is someone waiting,
Who will hurry up and rescue you,
Just Call for Super Chicken! (puk, ack!)

Fred, if you're afraid you'll have to overlook it,
Besides you knew the job was dangerous when you took it (puk, ack!)

He will drink his super sauce
And throw the bad guys for a loss
And he will bring them in alive and kickin' (puk, puk, puk)
There is one thing you should learn
When there is no one else to turn to
Call for Super Chicken! (puk, puk, puk)
Call for Super Chicken! (puk, ack!)

PM sent - you're it.

TX