Thread CRAPPING Honey Pot

Thaddeus Smith

Or better yet, the horny chicken wedding dancer? 

Hey, how do you know my sister in law?

I did not know your Sister in Law used to live across the street from me.  Her husband would go to work, and the kids off to school.

Then her boyfriend would pick her up for the day.  He would return her before the  kids or husband got home.  5 days a week as regular as clock work.   :emotion-14:  

I'm reading random AK threads and one of them triggered a long-standing annoyance..

Is anyone irked by people that refer to their audio (or any hobby) gear as an "addiction", "falling off the wagon", etc? people that hoard gear probably have underlying issues - I'm excluding them from this discussion. I'm talking about people that chuckle along and think it's fun to associate their hobby with the struggle of addiction.

i'm probably just being hypersensitive, but as part of my DWI probation terms I had to participate in counseling which included group sessions with people battling all sorts of addictions. people trying to clean up from meth so they could get their kids back, or battling with alcohol and depression and a 3rd DWI as a consequence, or just trying to jump start life from heroin addiction.

• Like 1

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 09 Oct 2014 - 3:05 PM, said:

Thaddeus Smith, on 09 Oct 2014 - 2:44 PM, said: i'm probably just being hypersensitive

More than likely.

That's funny, he has been a little un-Thaddeus like lately. I have been there, think about this, he is surrounded by little females everyday, we had 3 daughters it can happen. :o  :P  

That's funny, he has been a little un-Thaddeus like lately. I have been there, think about this, he is surrounded by little females everyday, we had 3 daughters it can happen.     

oh dudes, I'm well aware of my change in demeanor. Massive lack of sleep and my 2.5yr is turning everything into a nuclear meltdown. life is good, God is good.. I'm just running on fumes lately. I might just sequester myself to RTM for a bit.  :emotion-22:

• Like 2

I'm reading random AK threads and one of them triggered a long-standing annoyance..

Is anyone irked by people that refer to their audio (or any hobby) gear as an "addiction", "falling off the wagon", etc? people that hoard gear probably have underlying issues - I'm excluding them from this discussion. I'm talking about people that chuckle along and think it's fun to associate their hobby with the struggle of addiction.

i'm probably just being hypersensitive, but as part of my DWI probation terms I had to participate in counseling which included group sessions with people battling all sorts of addictions. people trying to clean up from meth so they could get their kids back, or battling with alcohol and depression and a 3rd DWI as a consequence, or just trying to jump start life from heroin addiction.

i have referred to my guitar collection as an addiction and, while i take full responsibility, I first heard that phrase (in this sense) on this forum from hearing about a "speaker addiction".  Having habitual drug use in my past (been clean for years and will stay that way) and having seen it destroy lives -- and also, having not survived unscathed myself (did cause some permanent damage to my health), i have joked about it (because i joke about most everything). I have failed to consider that some carry the scars closer to their heart--and should my insensitivity referring to having a "guitar addiction" made you uncomfortable--i sincerely apologize.  Sometimes being a joker isn't funny.  - Steve - 

• Like 1

Oh no, I'm not the slightest bit offended. I used alcohol to compensate for social anxiety and depression.. Once I figured those things out I've been able to maintain a very healthy relationship with alcohol.

But when I see cavalier remarks about casual hobbies being addictions it irks me - i feel it completely diminishes the struggles that people go through with REAL addiction. And it's healthy conversations like these that help pull back the curtains and show the dynamic personalities behind people's posts. Thanks for sharing Steve.