Black shoe shine?

Taz

• 4 weeks later...

Thread hijack alert!

What does C W B mean as the type on my black Cornwalls?

You might find what you are looking for in your PM My understanding this came from Groom Lakes. For some reason I can PM but not post in the forum, Too long.

Yea and we do have a white carpet.

How do you think Mustang Guy knew that, your monitor camera is always ON and we can see everything, might want to cover it or turn it off on occasion ? :o

Also please start putting more clothes on!

I prefer my klipsch black for touch up use a permanent marker, several or many coats with dry time in between will do great. Sometimes a paint marker same process as marker only in the most damaged area use a lot then fade out with lighter and lighter edges surrounding the large blemish. It actually blends in ver, very well. Even if the repairs are large. Just take your time and sometimes weeks. For full cabinet jobs 220 and spray bomb it unless you gotta gun. Even the rattle can will blend farely well with large blemishes. Full job take your time it pays off. best of luck with black. pm if you need info on black finish iv had most everything in black at one time and some had mistakes/issues/probs

base clear at least finish out in 320 then sealer prime then base. Or finish out in 400 straight to base then clear. iv been certified with everything to do with any paint. still on the clock with basf and standox germany

• 9 years later...
On 3/7/2014 at 4:39 AM, derrickdj1 said:

I polish my black speakers, the RF 7's and 64 with Kiwi black paste shoe polish. They have a nice rich look. These speakers have feet so I have not had a problem with the black coming off on the white carpet.

I brought the speaker around a year and a half ago in flawless condition. I put the first scratch on one and broke the first peg on the grill. That is just bad luck seening that the speakers were made in 2003 or 2006. :angry:

@derrickdj1 Sorry for resurrecting a 10 Year Old thread but was wondering if the Black paste polish has marred the Black lacquer finish in any way? I attempted to apply some Black "Silicone Free" furniture paste polish to the top of my RC-64 III & it now has a light fog up with a white shadow looking mist on the finish as it was mentioned in a follow-up post above, what I find surprising is that Klipsch had advised in their Owner Manual that a furniture polish if desired could be used on their old 2001 "flagship" RSW-15 wood veneer subwoofer, perhaps not for the Black Ash but their Medium Cherry wood veneer finish.

KlipschRSW-15.png.e9f624cb1589c2d5b370a88a8fc3415f.png

Edited by Oniiz86