CORNWALLS FOR SALE- EXCELLENT CONDITION; SiNGLE HERESY

jpmgumdoc

I am remodeling and installing Klipsch architectural speakers so I am selling my beloved Cornwalls. I am the second owner and bought them in 1980. I have treated them like a member of the family so they are in excellent condition. I immediately had glass tops made for them so they do not even have the ubiquitous water ring from a beer bottle or potted plant! One small chip in corner of one veneer is pictured. No scratches or dents. RISERS. Grill covers have no tears or pulls. Upgraded to Crites crossovers a few years ago but original crossovers will go along with the speakers. Much to my surprise I found out today that they are not consecutive serial numbers which are 22T276 and 23U343. They are finished in a nice medium color stain that will blend with any décor. Asking $1200.

I also have a single Heresy in black with slanted riser that I have been using as a center speaker. It is also in excellent condition. Serial # 21P924. Asking $300

Original boxes dried up and fell apart a few years ago so they are not available. I can't deliver these so they are for pick up in Plainfield IL 60585 which is a southwest burb of Chicago. People here on the forum have always been great and I really do love these speakers and want them to find a good home so I will post here for a while before going to Craigslist and/or ebay. Please contact me with questions or suggestions. Thanks!

Having trouble uploading photos. I'll keep trying but you can contact me at drjpmac@sbcglobal.net and I will send you pics.

Schu,

I gather from your response that my asking price is off? I priced them based on what has been on ebay past few weeks as there has not been much for sale here. There have been several pair of poor condition Cornwalls at this price. I'll certainly take another look at what's out there and adjust as necessary. Thanks.

Hey i like that heresy. If it sits for a bit for the ebay price i will be there just may take a few months. Serious buyer here tho

edit so its understandable:I am interested if you were in ft wayne indiana i would be there within 30 minutes to pick it up. I like the $250 ebay price unless it sells cheers. either way the best of luck with the sale. if it sits for a while i will be in Plainfield IL 60585 to grab it cash and carry by july 2014

Edited by beeker
  • Like 3

Schu,

I gather from your response that my asking price is off? I priced them based on what has been on ebay past few weeks as there has not been much for sale here. There have been several pair of poor condition Cornwalls at this price. I'll certainly take another look at what's out there and adjust as necessary. Thanks.

Your sale is sailing on a sinusoidal price wave. Congratulations on moving your Cornwall.

The serial number on the ebay ad and what you posed here match. Surely you're not offering the same Heresy to John Q Public a BIN for $250, and here to forum members for $300??

• Like 1

Schu,

Your sale is sailing on a sinusoidal price wave. Congratulations on moving your Cornwall.

The serial number on the ebay ad and what you posed here match. Surely you're not offering the same Heresy to John Q Public a BIN for $250, and here to forum members for $300??

Well actually, we do not know what he sold the Cornwall's for, so we are speculating that they went for the asking price, or near that price. Perhaps it was just a small pond ripple as opposed to a tsunami.

JWeber,

It is interesting the degree to which price fluctuates for the same equipment. Sometimes it seems that a high price (relative to what others are selling for) helps to bring a quick sale. Maybe some people who are unfamiliar with equipment infer that a higher price means a better quality widget. I have a friend who attempted to sell a Jaguar for a great price and there were no takers. He dropped the price twice with the same result. As a joke he jacked the price up to well above his original price and it sold within 24hours.

For those of us who are new to this hobby, it is soooo helpful to listen to comments made about selling price. I am not going to open the can of worms again about questioning a "high" price on the Forum, but it sure saved me once or twice.

I think we should keep opinions about pricing and what we think should be fair to PMs, so that we don't discourage other interested parties from making a purchase. We might get a ridiculous price for selling something, but just maybe someone is looking for that exact item, and is willing to pay a little more to make sure they get it. Let's keep our public posts in the encouraging realm, especially if we are not serious buyers. I love audio equipment and I like to pay a good price, but I would be pretty upset if someone publicly discounted my asking prices.

• Like 1

That's a great question. Did we ever get an answer? I feel that question falls out of the realm of criticizing the OP's asking price.

• 4 weeks later...