Cornscala in Ailso Viejo -$1400

justinsweber

Those are just the most refined cornscalas iv ever seen. Im not into the 2way although with daves horn and all the work put into them they are so sweet. Id love to start using a 2way now. Long way to ship. 2k's not bad at all tho

Look closer Mark, they're not 2 way.

Yes Carl thanks for the 2nd kick in the skull lol

I wondered what that unusual little thing was...now i know lol

Yes I would consider the purchase at $2k as well...Must say I'm getting very tight on purchasing lately. I have too much as it is now...

These are indeed, especially being black(Most of my speakers are black, all that i am using are black) possibly the finest speaker made at this moment, in my opinion of course...Considering they are tweaked by one of the finest audiophiles sprouting around us.

I have to wonder if these outperform the beloved c3's and i love direct low frequency bass...tri amplification would be a glorious task to endure time for many ages to come with these wonderful speakers...I would love to do a direct comparison with both this Justin Weber Cornscala and a Cornwall iii(not to say i prefer a cornwall iii to the orginal or the cii as well as many other cornscalas around)...

I do bet these would put them all in there/their spot(1 or the other, cornwall or JW cornscala)....I have put some critical comments detailing my view of some of Justins designs and not at all at even a slight debate of quality only with style....

My last 2 years let alone the 3-4(and many ages b4) before them 2 have been collecting Klipsch... testing and many comparisons...quite vast yet stressful. As i am stating throughout the forum I am drumming up to the fact i will be moving into a home in which has many bedrooms and lots of space...I will be adding into my collection for use a possible ultimate theater(ultimate meaning best possible speakers i prefer)as well as possibly building or only obtaining a new 2 channel and these cornscalas fit the bill all so well. As these will likely be sold i do prepare to do business with Justin in the future...as well as a few others i have yet to....

I absolutely cannot believe the leaps and bounds i have made in less than 3 years. I am at idle at the moment and prefer it that way to relax without stress lol

These do not need luck with sale...just an owner for a prized speaker. Bravo Justin! :)

• Like 1

Justin I do have a question for you, I have always found having the tweeter at ear level best, How does this design work with the tweet below the mid, I imagine it integrates very well, but wonder if it detracts at all from air

your thoughts ??

this was my thought as I looked at the layout also, but did not bring it up in here. I also had a question about the MDF used and would have liked to have seen the components used on the XO, but since I am not the one buying them right now... I didn't want to bring it up.

they do look spectacular.

Its interesting... If above the tweeter standing it acts/sounds like my 2ways... nice and relaxed. When you sit and the tweeter is in focus... the detail is zoomed and the HF sparkle comes alove. The idea behind the ofset tweeter was to allow narrowing or widening of the sound stage. In a small room the put the tweeter on the inside and youll get nearfield without alot of room interactions. Place the tweeter on the outside and the soundstand is much much wider.

The MDF is dead quite... a bit more so than the ply... 1" MDF vs 3/4" ply. I wanted the fronts and backs ply to allow screws to be placed in and out without issues... MDF doesnt like that.

So Ive now given the speakers an upgrade. Ive ordered 2 Eminence Kappa 15C 4ohm 15" woofers

Ill rasie the price $100 to $1500... the added cost of these woofers are $220 from parts express. The Kappa 15C is most like a K43...

In others words... no compromises on parts :-).

Its interesting... If above the tweeter standing it acts/sounds like my 2ways... nice and relaxed. When you sit and the tweeter is in focus... the detail is zoomed and the HF sparkle comes alove. The idea behind the ofset tweeter was to allow narrowing or widening of the sound stage. In a small room the put the tweeter on the inside and youll get nearfield without alot of room interactions. Place the tweeter on the outside and the soundstand is much much wider.

The MDF is dead quite... a bit more so than the ply... 1" MDF vs 3/4" ply. I wanted the fronts and backs ply to allow screws to be placed in and out without issues... MDF doesnt like that.

So Ive now given the speakers an upgrade. Ive ordered 2 Eminence Kappa 15C 4ohm 15" woofers

Ill rasie the price $100 to $1500... the added cost of these woofers are $220 from parts express. The Kappa 15C is most like a K43...

In others words... no compromises on parts :-).

You know Justin, I thought the exact same thing about the tweets and the ability to tailor sound by switching sides. I agree MDF is much better for taming resonance. 1" thick is killer, those pups must weigh a ton (also good for resonance taming) and upgrade the baass driver just to better the deal for selling

YOUR A WILD MAN. When I get my injury issue settled I'm moving WEST :D

With the eminence they are a no compromise solution.

The basic mass is:

2 FaitalPRO HF200 $660 pair

2 Eliptrac 400 horns $550 pair

2 Eliptrac tweeter lenses $75 pair

2 Selenium D220ti Bold on 1" drivers $100 pair

2 Eminence Kappa Pro 15" 4 0hm woofers $220 pair

2 cornscalawall crossovers $320 pair

Equals $1920... the FaitalPROs were the only used parts and they were very gently used by me.

2 cabs built, finished and all parts installed and tuned. $1500 seems fair to me.

That said... its not a heritage speaker... but sounds great.

Edited by justinsweber

Guest David H
Justin I do have a question for you, I have always found having the tweeter at ear level best, How does this design work with the tweet below the mid, I imagine it integrates very well, but wonder if it detracts at all from air

The Eliptrac HF is a Conical CD, it should work fine in its current location.

BTW, very nice build Justin.

Dave

EliptracHFwide.gif

Edited by GotHover

As a newbie, I'd just like to say:

- I'm impressed by your attention to detail, both the design and the cabinet construction.

- The piano ebony finish is a great idea. Steinway Model M meets Klipsch meets Space Odyssey 2001 obelisk.

- You live only 2,952 miles from my location. But that's about about 2,800 miles too far.

Good luck with your sale!

Best, Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...