kpt-904s

So that explains the voices in my head when there is nobody there.....  and all this time my wife thought...oh wait...  would someone please help me remove this white jacket?  The silly thing has my arms  wrapped and tied around me, I can't move them.  What a stupid design.... :blink:

How does a phantom center work anyway?

The avr will send all the info to the fronts. I run a phantom with Cornwalls and you can't even tell it's missing a center. It's like 2ch music how the voice is in the middle. Same thing.

So just set the receiver to stereo? Or is there an actual setting for a phantom center?

That's good to know about Raw Birch; do you know what?

Pretty much all of these Permanent Installation

These are nice and have a pics KI-362.

rawbirch.jpg

wow...that looks nice! wonder what the price on them are..
I'm not sure. I have not got a quote on those. If I had to guess maybe 2k a pair. I think they look pretty cool.

man them look nice. that is a very good price as well. they are only 70lbs too...made to move although in my opinion would look great sitting in a living room or anywhere. interesting

The avr will send all the info to the fronts. I run a phantom with Cornwalls and you can't even tell it's missing a center. It's like 2ch music how the voice is in the middle. Same thing.

So just set the receiver to stereo? Or is there an actual setting for a phantom center?

The last time I used phantom center I went to my receivers on screen display and there was an option somewhere there for a phantom center. Not sure if that's how it is on others. Phantom center does work. imo a good option that is often overlooked

No. Just run your  avr start up test. Your avr will know that no center is being used. It will auto set your center as "none" 

Does your xover get warm when blasting music?

I don't know how much power is going through that ceramic resistor on the end, but you may want to make sure it's not smoking hot inside the box (quite literally).

I really doubt it will be an issue, but it's something easy to check.

Edited by DrWho
  • Like 1

Bought these today. H2 with boxes and manual. Will be using these as rears in place of the rb-61ii that will be up for sale soon. 

newH.jpg

DSCN0945.jpg

DSCN0947.jpg

Everyone says I need help and have a sickness they need to meet you  lol 

How do the Heresies compare to the KPT 1201 as far as side or surround speakers go, in your opinion? 

Bought these today. H2 with boxes and manual. Will be using these as rears in place of the rb-61ii that will be up for sale soon. 

newH.jpg

DSCN0945.jpg

DSCN0947.jpg

Everyone says I need help and have a sickness they need to meet you  lol 

How do the Heresies compare to the KPT 1201 as far as side or surround speakers go, in your opinion? 

Stand alone in 2ch I would take the heresy for sure. They are probably a more complete speaker. The 1201s have placement advantage. They fit right where you want them (2 or 3 ft above ear height). And then angle down perfect in that spot. So for sides in my room the heresys wouldn't work that well. For rears they work great if you have room behind the lp to place them on stands. If I had a wider room the heresys would then work pretty good I bet.  But for sides I think I might still take the 1201s. 

• 2 weeks later...

Before and after. 

DSCN0640.jpg

06a00865-42b2-46c0-a7b0-399e3eb79546.jpg

If we get the house we are looking at I will be getting some of these for sure , I will have a perfect room for these . If not I'm doing some in walls after xmas  and power them with the TX-NR5007 I just picked up here last week .