kpt-904s

That good ?

they are pretty damn good. i can only imagine if dean built some crossovers for them to clean them up. i inquired a couple months back and he said he would get bak with me but never has. no biggie I'm sure he had bigger fish to fry.

That's not quite accurate, he replied to you on Facebook.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Didn't he reply in sep like he said a few months back? Sorry Im missing what wasn't accurate about his post?

No biggie. I got

The patience. And lack the money right now since the holidays are near. So I'm golden! Lol. One day when he isn't busy and wants to do his first cinema crossover I shall be his guinea pig.

You're a tire kicker. He gives tire kickers whatever effort he has at the end of the day, which is usually very little. I was a tire kicker for most of 2014 and he indulged me whenever he could, which was rarely.

I pulled the trigger on a pair of xovers at the end of October. Now all we would have to say is "where are my xovers?" and "you're last in line and it's going to be another 6 weeks" ... so we don't talk. ;)

You have not had this system long. I would listen to it for a few months and see how you like the sound before doing any mods. There is always time for mods later, enjoy for now.

Good advise thanks :)

How do they sound with Music Pro? 

Off the charts good. It has the sound of a cornwall but the size of the sound is like 5x as big. Great speaker :)

I need detailed pictures of those when they come in thad.. I want to see how they have evolved over the last year.

Are you getting B2 networks?

Getting B-2's. He previously mentioned here that the flat stacks were being phased out, so I believe he'll be using the newer Jupiter Copper Foil & Wax caps. Mounting on top of the cabinet so I asked him to make them extra pretty.

No biggie. I got

The patience. And lack the money right now since the holidays are near. So I'm golden! Lol. One day when he isn't busy and wants to do his first cinema crossover I shall be his guinea pig.

You're a tire kicker. He gives tire kickers whatever effort he has at the end of the day, which is usually very little. I was a tire kicker for most of 2014 and he indulged me whenever he could, which was rarely.

I pulled the trigger on a pair of xovers at the end of October. Now all we would have to say is "where are my xovers?" and "you're last in line and it's going to be another 6 weeks" ... so we don't talk. ;)

how'd you know I kick tires for a living?

post-52695-0-07160000-1416525797_thumb.j

Edited by Scrappydue

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of kicking tires, why not start the truck and go pick up a nice used EV active Xover for those puppies. Talk to Coytee. You get no passive losses and PEQ. You can drive the top section with a $30 stereo chip amp since they will never see more than watt (about 0.01 watts average, since they are up against a direct radiator bass and need powering down. I'm just sayin' there's a reason they don't do passive with Pro gear.

Instead of kicking tires, why not start the truck and go pick up a nice used EV active Xover for those puppies. Talk to Coytee. You get no passive losses and PEQ. You can drive the top section with a $30 stereo chip amp since they will never see more than watt (about 0.01 watts average, since they are up against a direct radiator bass and need powering down. I'm just sayin' there's a reason they don't do passive with Pro gear.

funny, they sell them with passives?

Would you need 3 of them for 3 speakers?

The Dx38 is two in, four out.  It will handle two speakers biamped or a single speaker quad-amped (or tri)  If you did the tri or quad, you'd need another Dx for the second speaker.

Mark1101 extolled the virtues of many in, many out and I'm now a believer.  I have two Dx's giving me four in and eight out.  It allows me to cover two 2-way Jubilee's (one full Dx), one JubeScala (one half of the second Dx) and two Danley DTS-10's (other half of second Dx)

If I could instead get a processor with 4-in, 8-out all in one unit, I could replace both my Dx's and save a rack space.

Seems another issue is, different vendors voice their actives differently and a PEQ in a Dx38 isn't going to make the same exact change as a PEQ in brand "X".  See attached. 

I don't have the tools (yet?) to measure my room & dial one in.

TwoProcessors.pdf

Richard, you'd be amazed what you can do with pink noise and an iPhone. I use the StudioSixDigital app RTA, which is available in simple version or part of a suite. One version has it's own pink noise generator so you can play pink, eq your system IN YOUR ROOM and see the results in real time on the 31 band real time graph. Not as fancy schmancy as SMAART with all it's curves, but you could start with Roy's settings and fine tune them to fit your room and listening tastes. 

funny, they sell them with passives?

Yes, for many cinema chains, the additional price of more amps and processors can add up in a hurry. WIth modern chains servicing many smaller rooms, the 904 is a great option for them for their LCR. 

Would you need 3 of them for 3 speakers?

An Ashly Protea 3.6SP for about $750 at several sellers would handle bi-amping (3) 904 systems and mark1101 has reported very good results with the Ashly units.

In the particular case of the 904 system as you are using them in a home theater setup one consideration I would take into account is if Audessy or similar correction is being applied to the system then going active might not bring a significant improvement if the Audessy is doing a good job.

miketn